Jos says no play offs this season

34 minutes ago, The Captain said:

You mean he hasn’t already turned us into a laughing stock with 1 win in 10?

So many teams in the Championship are dropping points most weeks, especially with the high amount of draws there has been recently.  Put together a run of 4/5 wins and all of a sudden, you’re in with a shout.  I stand by my opinion, pathetic surrender by Luhukay.

If we were to appoint a new manager in the next 2 weeks, lots of fans would be thinking there’s a chance we could sneak in.

No chance. 

Jos is sh#t, but this team is not capable of being top 6 under any manager.  The top 7 or 8 are a millions miles ahead of us, not just in terms of points but the quality they have available.

Best a new manager could do with this lot would be mid table, and that would be a decent achievement. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lee A said:

No chance. 

Jos is sh#t, but this team is not capable of being top 6 under any manager.  The top 7 or 8 are a millions miles ahead of us, not just in terms of points but the quality they have available.

Best a new manager could do with this lot would be mid table, and that would be a decent achievement. 

This side was in the top 6 a couple of months back, until the 1 win in 10 era commenced.

Wednesday are weak in key positions of the team - there’s no debate about that.  But do we have a worst squad of players than the likes of Birmingham City or Blackburn Rovers?  I don’t think we do.  Both of those clubs in the top half of the table because they have made good use of their resources.  Our manager has failed to do that this season.

With regards to what a new manager could do, depends on how the ‘new manager bounce’ goes, then see where we go from there.  Momentum is so important.

The fact he's made this statement proves again how out of touch both him and Chansiri are, "fans expectations"! He's got to be having a laugh!! He should be reassuring us that he has what it takes to keep us out of trouble, as should the chairman, I seriously doubt that either of these clowns have accepted the enormity of what lies ahead, especially with statements like this!!

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

You mean he hasn’t already turned us into a laughing stock with 1 win in 10?

So many teams in the Championship are dropping points most weeks, especially with the high amount of draws there has been recently.  Put together a run of 4/5 wins and all of a sudden, you’re in with a shout.  I stand by my opinion, pathetic surrender by Luhukay.

If we were to appoint a new manager in the next 2 weeks, lots of fans would be thinking there’s a chance we could sneak in.

I think we may be a month too late. If we had sacked and replaced him in the last few weeks and made a solid appointment I think we would have had the tools to mount a play off push.

Now with so many games in a short space of time over xmas I think we have left it too late. But the longer Jos is here the more likely relegation is.

4 hours ago, The Captain said:

Pathetic for the manager to be throwing in the towel in December.

This division is wide open.

What’s more pathetic is that its taken him this long to acknowledge the fact, and chosen the night when he can hide behind his Chairman’s protection.

Wonder if he's informed our esteemed owner of this bombshell news ... Remember DC saying promotion or bust! Looks like bust then lol

Well at least anybody who knows anything about football is content in the knowledge that we are better than United. Isn't that right DC? .... DC .. you still there DC...

Guest LittleG
46 minutes ago, DAMMOowl said:

Our squad at the moment with two new fullbacks and a leader at centre half westwood in goal would be good enough to make the play offs under the right manager NOT LUHUKAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it is to be honest. We do need 2 full backs but we also need all the other players fit and available most of the time to have a chance of the playoffs. By players I mean Hooper, Lee, FF, Hutch, Winnall - sadly they won't be available.