Is the forum tonight jusy a waste of time?

Guest addedtime
26 minutes ago, thatladfromchap said:

2 Minutes Hate. Will help to vent. Save a lot of wives getting slapped up over christmas.

1984?

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Reading some posts on here, it seem's it is a useless exercise tonight.

What ever Mr Chansiri says will not believed, unless he tell's people what they want to hear, he will be wasting his breath

The question I would be asking fans is if the chairman does not answer the things we want to know about the team, the finance, the pricing, the players not playing.

Are we as fan just going to put up with it, keep attending the games and paying the excessive prices or and this will hurt most will we stop giving money to the club and DC to waste and force his hand to either make changes for the club for the better or let someone else buy the club who has any business acumen. 

If the answer is the fans will keep going then basically what is the point in any of these forums as we are basically saying he can stick a club badge on a pile of poo and we will still buy it. Whether we agree with it or not because we are fans and that's what we do. 

Isn’t it a league requirement that every team has one or two of these fans forums a year? 

When announced I also thiught it was out of necessity and required, not just Chansiri wanting to clear things up.

Anyway it’s happening, hopefully we see some positives from it, though I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The question I would be asking fans is if the chairman does not answer the things we want to know about the team, the finance, the pricing, the players not playing.

Are we as fan just going to put up with it, keep attending the games and paying the excessive prices or and this will hurt most will we stop giving money to the club and DC to waste and force his hand to either make changes for the club for the better or let someone else buy the club who has any business acumen

If the answer is the fans will keep going then basically what is the point in any of these forums as we are basically saying he can stick a club badge on a pile of poo and we will still buy it. Whether we agree with it or not because we are fans and that's what we do. 

Think that could be a problem.

giphy (2).gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisd0407 said:

On pricing, I hope there aren't to many mugs tonight who bang on about this again. If I was Chansiri I would refer the right honorable gentleman to the answer I gave before. Our priorities are manager, team performance, and club running. Fans are not turning the gate to over 30k because of years of failure not ticket prices. Those that don't go to games now are more likely to tell you its because of poor entertainment and failure after failure, not ticket prices.

I do not think that paying a load of money entitles "fans" to slag off their players and manager the way fans have done recently (or on and off since they got on Carlos's back), but DC's justification for taking our very low cost match day experience, to a very high cost match day experience, was to give us premiership football, to give us more entertaining football and to give the fans of Sheffield Wednesday, "the team they deserve". We thought DC meant, we deserved a better team  after all the years of dross and misery we had put up with since a certain stupid chairman put us into a ridiculous amount of debt, buying old players that were unfit, filling the sick bench with expensive overpaid players that we could never recoup enough money on to buy replacements, getting us relegated from the Prem, while earning himself plum jobs with the FA and the Premiership. It turns out he meant a team that could finish lower in the table, with more old overpaid players on the sick bench and with even higher levels of debt, but this time without spending 15 years in the top flight, beating man U at Wembley and appearing at Wembley a further four times.

So I would say that it is all about the money mate. It is about all the money that we have spent, all the money DC has spent and how it has all been totally wasted, because initially we did not perform well enough in our last trip to Wembley and after that there was no maintainable contingency put in place to keep refreshing and improving the squad for ongoing attempts at promotion. It is also about all the money that we now are in debt to and cannot exceed again without breaching FFP, or whatever it's called these days. It is also about how much money we can now save, or get in from the sale of players or the cessation of players wages when their contracts expire. The fans who have moaned the longest and loudest tell us that they have paid a shed load of money and deserve the right to shout and moan as much as they like whether we are playing well or playing badly. So I would say that paying way over the top for tickets, shirts and pretty mush everything associated with the club is most definitely why those fans want to see us playing better football. This forum has been set up to answer the fans and shut up those fans that have constantly harangued one head coach and set of players, then another manager and set of players, because we have all spent a hell of a lot of money and much more than a lot of other clubs while doing much worse on the pitch.

Unfortunately these fans and their definition of playing badly can be; the team playing good entertaining football against much better, more expensive players with more experience and losing, winning one nil against a team battling and fighting to stop us from playing. It can also be defined as a young, not so experienced player making a small mistake early in a game, all of which can, by their definitions be greeted with boos from the start and then, again by their definitions, fully justified when the team lose confidence and throw away a lead to end up losing. Nowt to do with them, because the players all get paid to be booed and slagged off by these wonderful "fans".

I agree wholeheartedly with an earlier poster who stated that hopefully these fans will realise tonight that we really are in a terrible mess, that Jos was the only man willing to take the job on the terms offered and that things will only get worse in January and in the summer when we cannot buy anybody else unless we cash in on a few of the players that can actually help us to stay in this division.

In my eyes the financial rules governing how much teams can spend would be fine if you made them more general and maybe over a longer time period of 5 or 6 years depending on how much teams have had spent on them in previous seasons. When DC took over, the new pitch, scoreboard and other smaller, but more numerous expenditures, had to be undertaken, just to get our club back into the 21st century. Surely all of these things must be removed if the governing bodies are only trying to control what a chairman/owner spends on players and their wages? Investing in the infrastructure of the club is an investment in the clubs solid assets and future, unlike investing in the fluid assets like players which, in the case of most players we have bought, has gone down, not up.

I cannot see anything being resolved tonight, but hopefully both sides will know a lot more about the others's position and feelings on the things that really matter, which for me at number one should be the money and how it is spent in future!

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

You can tell by DCs comments from snippets of interviews that whilst he is actually on the back foot - he is trying to come out fighting and on the front foot.

at the end of the day though under his leadership this club is failing - full stop.

all I want to know is what he intends to do about it - until then he gets no more of my hard earned money.