Blame the Fans ...

15 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Hope everyone is prepared for this tonight. It was the undercurrent of the last fans forum, and it didn't go down well.

Tonight we sit in a far worse position and I imagine there will be fireworks when Mr C points the finger of blame at ourselves!

Reading the article this morning in the Star, I don't think Chansiri is blaming the fans. Stop playing the victim. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Any lingering goodwill he has will disappear if he trys it again.

The first thing he needs to do is apologise and acknowledge his mistakes and accountability.

He then needs to let us know who he is bringing in to help him run things properly.

I don't think he has an apology in him 

If he uses the fans excuse again particularly for the few people who have overstepped the line on social media I will try and stand up and ask him this question. 

Every high profile role such as yours, particularly at a football club will attract a significant amount of trolling on social media. Do you not think it unreasonable to make 99.9% fans responsible for the 0.01% who have overstepped the line? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

The first thing he needs to do is apologise and acknowledge his mistakes and accountability.

He then needs to let us know who he is bringing in to help him run things properly.

I heard on Radio Sheffield this morning, that Jos has said that fans expectations are way too high and we shouldn't expect promotion or play-offs....... I certainly don't expect that, and I don't think a lot of the fan base expect that! What we expect is the odd good performance and a few decent results, not the garbage that is currently being served up! Continue like this and we're down, simple as that.

We shall see later but Jos's comments I think point in the direction tonight's forum is going to go from the DC point of view...... It's the fans fault that our expectations are too high, and hence this is putting too much pressure on the team.

So, I don;t think we're going to get what you're asking for Mr. F. although, I agree, that's what we really need to hear.

3 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I heard on Radio Sheffield this morning, that Jos has said that fans expectations are way too high and we shouldn't expect promotion or play-offs....... I certainly don't expect that, and I don't think a lot of the fan base expect that! What we expect is the odd good performance and a few decent results, not the garbage that is currently being served up! Continue like this and we're down, simple as that.

We shall see later but Jos's comments I think point in the direction tonight's forum is going to go from the DC point of view...... It's the fans fault that our expectations are too high, and hence this is putting too much pressure on the team.

So, I don;t think we're going to get what you're asking for Mr. F. although, I agree, that's what we really need to hear.

If he uses those words I will try and maintain my composure and ask him why he thought it sensible to say there will be big trouble if we don't get promoted this season? He has contributed to the hysteria he and jos is facing now when we inevitably didn't have hope of achieving that. 

There is also the small fact that we were told to pay top prices for the best players and to achieve the Premier league.

So why are we still paying top prices and now told instead that we have way too high expectations. We are 5 points off the drop with 1 win in 10.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's done that already ! he brought in the club destroyer from Charlton... ( Well.... Doyen did )  She's doing a great job !!!

13 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

They can both stop treating us like idiots for starters.

We all knew after 3 years of squad and transfer mismanagement, that promotion or the play offs wasn't an option.

We do however expect that after paying the most expensive prices in the division, not to see a pathetic slide to relegation, whilst playing some of shiitest football for a decade.

Jos and DC can both swivel, if they think we will fall for their bullshiit.

6 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If he uses those words I will try and maintain my composure and ask him why he thought it sensible to say there will be big trouble if we don't get promoted this season? He has contributed to the hysteria he and jos is facing now when we inevitably didn't have hope of achieving that. 

There is also the small fact that we were told to pay top prices for the best players and to achieve the Premier league.

So why are we still paying top prices and now told instead that we have way too high expectations. We are 5 points off the drop with 1 win in 10.

This.

What with his surveys, and you get what you pay for shiite, he seems to have memory loss.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agreed but I doubt anything is significantly going to change. Those expecting some announcement of a takeover or new manager will be disappointed.

19 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

No we all knew this but what doesnt help is DC saying in last forum he thinks we have a squad capable to try and sell more tickets etc. Its a lie and deceitful to fans who may not have the money but have overstretched to be apart of something. 

If he is not blaming players, himself or Jos we are in for a long night. 

DC OUT!!! JOS OUT!!!!

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed but I doubt anything is significantly going to change. Those expecting some announcement of a takeover or new manager will be disappointed.

This was me - - I couldn't for the life of me think why DC would organise a forum to be slaughtered unless he has good news.

Seems he is not as savvy as some would think. 

Just now, BRADDO said:

To be honest. I've given up expecting logic from him.

In my view, he's so out of touch with the reality of our situation, I expect little more than a slippery shouldered shifting of blame on to us again.

4 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

No we all knew this but what doesnt help is DC saying in last forum he thinks we have a squad capable to try and sell more tickets etc. Its a lie and deceitful to fans who may not have the money but have overstretched to be apart of something. 

If he is not blaming players, himself or Jos we are in for a long night. 

DC OUT!!! JOS OUT!!!!

To be honest he has no credibility left in my view.

16 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Good post.

To me if I was only allowed 1 question tonight this would be it. High prices for worst football for 10 years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

My interpretation is that it would mean releasing all those out of contract and may be selling a couple more.

DC likes to keep  players (and perhaps thinks we are more attached to players  staying than we actually are) seeing the dismantling of a previously competitive team as bad, whereas it is necessary to evolve.

However, think most of us agree we need to cut our cloth to meet the arbitrary limit put in place by EFL. We have money to spend, but not allowed to.

Prices set at a level allowing DC to invest enough money into the club to maintain the playing staff. 

As was explained at the last forum, gate receipts don't cover back office expenses.

If we want lower prices we can have them but would need to sell players as EFL would restrict the amount DC can invest to cover losses. Likewise, if for arguments sake we paid £100 for a ticket (I know some may say don't give him any ideas!) DC could increase his investment accordingly.

I agree POTG prices are high, but as one who pays these prices (when I choose to o attend when Jos is replaced) may get more value once high earners are released in the summer and squad balanced into a more competitive  team 

Edited by striker