Chansiri: Sacking Jos might not bring success

2 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

I was talking to a Birmingham season ticket holder recently who said for the first 40 minutes we were the best team they had played so far and should have been 3-0 up. However once they equalised the confidence just visibly drained from our team and went on to win easily. Unfortunately this is something we’ve seen all too often this season. I can honestly say the only game I’ve seen this season where we’ve played well for any length of time was first 80 minutes against WBA. 

I don't dispute we have played poorly what I do dispute is that the players don't try to do there best …..it's crazy to suggest they don't play for the manager ,like you say they played great for 40 minutes at brum do people think they then thought "feck it i'm not playing the next 50 minutes for this cretin "...... 

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't dispute we have played poorly what I do dispute is that the players don't try to do there best …..it's crazy to suggest they don't play for the manager ,like you say they played great for 40 minutes at brum do people think they then thought "feck it i'm not playing the next 50 minutes for this cretin "...... 

I think it's as @oldowl67 says, the whole teams confidence just seems to go when we concede a goal. 

I don't believe that is something that can be coached out of them, more something that could be remedied by having a leader among the players to boost them on the pitch.

The club needs galvanising and everyone dragging back onside to create some togetherness.

But who’s gunna do it?

Chansiri is out of the country 90% of the time. And when he is back he tends to drive the wedge in further between the club and the fans. 

Meire is pretty anonymous when it comes to the public domain. Which isn’t a problem but the club needs a spokesperson other than Jos, not barren spells of silence. 

Jos is the most uninspiring bloke in the world. He’s called the fans out of touch and started rubbing the local media up the wrong way. 

The irony is there’s no leaders on the pitch either.

35 minutes ago, russowls said:

Cause he goes to the games and observes 

it's just  flip to say because a side isn't playing well that that it's down to them not playing for the manager..it does a disservice to the players that fans would think that they are so unprofessional that they don't go out to give there best because of who the manager is …. I think it's time for jos to go but it's not because I think the players don't try because of him .   

51 minutes ago, russowls said:

Cause he goes to the games and observes 

I've watched games for well over 50 years and I've often thought, that players having a bad game, that players rubbish, that players lazy, that player has no confidence, that player needs a kick up the ar*e, etc. etc.

Can't ever remember thinking that players not playing for his manager though.

Maybe I've had the wrong perspective all these years. :ph34r:

Currently the club is a mess. DC cannot change the players so his options are quite limited. As a businessman, he should evaluate the options - which I see there are basically three: 1) go with Jos and let the current situation continue unless a very improbable change in form occurs, 2) change the senior team management completely (absolutely necessary to clear the whole board) and take a chance on an experienced fixer or 3) cut losses and sell the club for a penny and fly back home.

I don't know if his religious beliefs or something like that affects his decisions, but his handling of things is not businessman-like at the moment.

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Then the players should enthuse themselves

only to a certain extent.

otherwise football clubs would be able to cut their personnel and wages bill.

I've seen us with too many 'unenthused' sides over the years, not to recognise one when I see it.

also if it's not the manager and his staff's job to enthuse players, how does colin keep getting bang average sides promoted? 

18 hours ago, torryowl said:

it's just  flip to say because a side isn't playing well that that it's down to them not playing for the manager..it does a disservice to the players that fans would think that they are so unprofessional that they don't go out to give there best because of who the manager is …. I think it's time for jos to go but it's not because I think the players don't try because of him .   

the managers enthusiasm, drive, energy, and personality, show in our 'team' performances'.

that's why people have stopped, and are stopping going.

The other thing is, there wouldn’t be so much interest in our players from other clubs, if that was their attitude. This is the thing that makes me so angry, too many people making excuses for the manager, when he has enough quality at his disposal, to be doing so much better. A rough estimate, there has been supposed interest in 8 or 9 of our players from higher placed clubs. That indicates to me that I am correct in believeing Jos is massively underperforming