Chansiri: Sacking Jos might not bring success

In the article he is quoted as saying that two months ago when we were sixth the fans were saying Jos was good. Is this true, because I can’t remember that much positivity towards Jos. My feeling at the time was relief that we’d managed to get a few wins without playing all that well.

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

What a pointless, stupid statement..........if that is an example of the searing insight we can expect tonight  then it is gonna be a long one.

This is spot on ,Do any of you think he will listen to you ,He is going to tell you how it is going to be like it or lump it .We need a British manager  ,And not some past it manager ,Hungry ambitious ,With a good eye for up and coming young players in the lower divisions ,Stop signing past it mercenaries .At least young players can be developed and sold .

41 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

The whole “we were 6th a few months ago” line is starting to wear very thin for me

Once again, a dreadful opening day performance set the tone for this season.

Performances have been dire all season, when we were 6th it was a false position after beating bottom, 22nd & 21st. It was also 12 games in

I’m not sure how you can keep looking back and saying we were brilliant and 6th and everything was rosey when we hadn’t even played every team once yet? 

From what I have seen and especially lately we are I a false position now. 5 points above relegation zone is better then our performances deserve.

In a way, the chairman is right However, in this instance, I feel DCs loyalty is misplaced. What we have seen from Jos since he has been here, has been so far removed from what we were promised. There are no signs that things are getting better, if anything, things have deteriorated still further. I don’t usually call for a manager to be sacked, but with absolutely no sign of things coming together, we can’t just sit here hoping our only salvation, is for three clubs to be worse than us

Yes some poorly chosen words on managers.

But I think it was right for him to have an open discussion with the players about what's gone wrong. He also said he didn't blame them. Hopefully the players will have given him an open opinion back. Lord knows the fella needs some knowledgeable football influence

DC is loyal to his managers, I'll give him that. Wrong decision IMO, nothing is guaranteed in football but do at least need to have the right people in key positions to stand a chance.

Jos is done, just wonder how many more defeats are needed before a change is made. Ultimately, not my decision to make and nothing I can do to affect the situation.

I won't be going to any more games while Jos is here, not out of any moral high ground protest, but simply because his team don't provide any entertainment and can't get motivated to make the 400 mile round trip to watch a half hearted performance ending in defeat.

There’s nothing wrong with loyalty. DC just needs to understand loyalty in football terms.....It alarms me that he still can’t see when something has passed the point of no return. I agree that changing the manager doesn’t guarantee success. However, keeping a poor one will guarantee no success. I really hope he’s taken note of events across the Pennines. Inaction is so damaging.

Edited by Morepork

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Doesn’t he know there are no gaurantees of success at Football?

doesnt he know that we know that already?

he ant gotta clue. 

he's just learnt that, like everything else about football, his depth goes back 3 years.

WE WILL GO DOWN WITH JOS IN CHARGE, THE GROUND WILL BE EMPTY BEFORE THAT, YOUR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE ALREADY STARTED NOT TO TURN UP.

Oh god its going to be an absolute disaster tonight.

DC seems like a nice man - but my god he isn't a business man.

The fans' appreciation of the situation is STREETS ahead of DC's - he is so far behind the curve it is almost untrue.

Hate to say it, but as fans we are absolutely screwed.  An owner who can't, won't or is scared to make a decision. 

Diabolical.

58 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

The whole “we were 6th a few months ago” line is starting to wear very thin for me

Once again, a dreadful opening day performance set the tone for this season.

Performances have been dire all season, when we were 6th it was a false position after beating bottom, 22nd & 21st. It was also 12 games in. 

I’m not sure how you can keep looking back and saying we were brilliant and 6th and everything was rosey when we hadn’t even played every team once yet? 

Yea...and a couple of months before that everyone was 1st, last, and in midtable...1 win in 10 and the football we are playing tells you we are where we deserve to be

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I don't think you have proved your point that they aren't playing for the manager, which I think is a moot point anyway as the players should be playing for the fans, the club, and their own professionalism.  We should look at the players as well if they aren't playing for the manager for me that is not an excuse for bad performances.  

that man can't 'enthuse' the fans, and he can't 'enthuse' the players either.

Chansiri: “Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good."

This is utter nonsense and shows how misinformed our Chairman is. Jos has been clueless since he arrived. Last season we got a few results courtesy of the likes of Nuhiu, Vernancio and Joao coming in after CC ignored them and one or two playing for new contracts. Jos was lauded by a few early on for apparently addressing fitness issues and not having favourites. But his tactics and selections have been consistently ridiculous throughout, no strikers at Millwall being a particular lowlight.

I have not heard anyone say Jos is very good at any time since he arrived.

Edited by September65

5 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Oh god its going to be an absolute disaster tonight.

DC seems like a nice man - but my god he isn't a business man.

The fans' appreciation of the situation is STREETS ahead of DC's - he is so far behind the curve it is almost untrue.

Hate to say it, but as fans we are absolutely screwed.  An owner who can't, won't or is scared to make a decision. 

Diabolical.

rabbit sat in main beam thinking 'oooo, what's that coming towards me'.