Chansiri: Sacking Jos might not bring success

17 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t really understand the point in these comments. He basically states the obvious, with no real meat on the bones.

The Star is essentially click bait that zaps you to a page full of ads. And form of substance or analysis may distract you from wondering about a potential ppi claim. It's a poo state of affairs.

• Thanks 1

"Sacking Jos won't guarantee success" is 100% correct.

It is also either dishonest - by implying that some fans think it would guarantee success when of course none of us do. Or it is moronic - he has set a ridiculous test for when a club should sack a manager.

In eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the less intellectually gifted sons of rich families would be sent off to fill well funded benefices in the Church, or to one of the less demanding posts in imperial administration. It may be that Thai plutocrats allow the dim kids to play around with limited cash in the sporting arena. 

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so do I but I've never got the impression that they arnt giving there all …...

Wow. I take it you missed the Norwich game and QPR and Birmingham away and you always get to games late and don’t get to see the first half of games? So what’s happened to the players in the last 10 or so games? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

So if we had a team who was playing for the manager but still getting bad results, how would you be able to tell them apart from a team who wasn't playing for the manager?

Effort, commitment, willing to run through walls for the club. Sure we see a bit of effort now and then but in the majority of games I don’t think the effort is anywhere near the required amount. Imo they have stopped believing in the manager and who can blame them with his strange decisions and so many changes, even if players perform well. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It needs all of the fans at the forum to sing Jos out right in front of DC’s face after the main questions have been discussed. He’d soon get the picture.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Effort, commitment, willing to run through walls for the club. Sure we see a bit of effort now and then but in the majority of games I don’t think the effort is anywhere near the required amount. Imo they have stopped believing in the manager and who can blame them with his strange decisions and so many changes, even if players perform well. 

I don't think you have proved your point that they aren't playing for the manager, which I think is a moot point anyway as the players should be playing for the fans, the club, and their own professionalism.  We should look at the players as well if they aren't playing for the manager for me that is not an excuse for bad performances.  

30 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so do I but I've never got the impression that they arnt giving there all …...

I tend to agree in general. Likes of Baker, Palmer, Pelupessy and Fox give thier all but just aren't good enough. That said there are a few who I do believe aren't fighting for the shirt 100% of the time.

12 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

"Sacking Jos won't guarantee success" is 100% correct.

It is also either dishonest - by implying that some fans think it would guarantee success when of course none of us do. Or it is moronic - he has set a ridiculous test for when a club should sack a manager.

In eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the less intellectually gifted sons of rich families would be sent off to fill well funded benefices in the Church, or to one of the less demanding posts in imperial administration. It may be that Thai plutocrats allow the dim kids to play around with limited cash in the sporting arena. 

Nobody with any knowledge of football would use the phrase 'guarantee success' in a positive sense. You only ever hear it when prefixed with 'won't'. That's because it doesn't exist in football. I know I'm stating the obvious but thought I'd mention it in case DC is reading.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Totally agree!

I understand them not playing for the manager, but they should be putting in the effort for the fans,  its insulting!

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I don't think you have proved your point that they aren't playing for the manager, which I think is a moot point anyway as the players should be playing for the fans, the club, and their own professionalism.  We should look at the players as well if they aren't playing for the manager for me that is not an excuse for bad performances.  

Okay so they aren’t performing for the manager, the fans and the club. I do blame the players as well but unfortunately we can’t sack the players or sign new players. A change needs to be made and the only realistic thing we can do is get a new manager in imo. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Okay so they aren’t performing for the manager, the fans and the club. I do blame the players as well but unfortunately we can’t sack the players or sign new players. A change needs to be made and the only realistic thing we can do is get a new manager in imo. 

Yes, changes do need to be made but it's making the right changes and having the right people to make those changes in place, not that straight-forward, unfortunately.  I can't see what the forum will achieve the fans will only listen to what they want to hear and will jump on any little titbit to prove their personal theories.  Hopefully, I'm wrong and we can all sit down and thrash out a way forward. 

The team has been a shambles all season.

Adam Reach has boosted our points tally with his stunning strikes and the majority of the time we have looked awful the odd game aside e.g. West Brom.

The total lack of consistency in team selection and formation is making it impossible for players to develop any understanding and style of play.

Not to mention the fact that the players he drops are often the best performers from the previous game.