Sheffield Wednesday: Club in crisis?

11 hours ago, timeforaboycott said:

There was plenty talking about Wednesday's need to find £10M in the January transfer window some months ago,I wonder if this is the news we will be given on Thursday..

Dont think it would be made public as it weakens our hand in transfer activity. However, I’m sure other clubs are aware of our predicament. 

Good grief  a proper tale of woe there whomsoever responsible needs their P45

Sergiu Bus       not good enough
Claude Dielna    one goal that flattered to deceive 
Darryl Lachman    never saw 
Urby Emanuelson   WTF was that 
Matt Penney      potential 
Will Buckley      injury and wasted 
Jordan Rhodes    tragic waste of time and cash 
Callum McManaman   wasted in 10 min cameos 
Steven Fletcher    injury prone trier
Jordan Thorniley   like the lad 
David Jones       not up to it anymore     
Sam Winnall     not used enough before loan out
Morgan Fox      CEO tour de force selling him for cash 
Almen Abdi      something billingsate about this 
Adam Reach   most saleable asset 
Jacob Butterfield   kin ell
Frederico Venancio   took ages to play him and now we miss him
George Boyd    another strange one 
Joey Pelupessy   trier not good enough 
Joost van Aken   liability at the back a poss midfielder for me 
Josh Onomah   kin ell 
Michael Hector   not consistent 

Like you I realised from the beginning of DCs tenure his investment was purely business to make a profit, and agreed I have no problem with that. A lot of our deluded fans believed all his ‘Wednesday family’ hype and accepted his disgraceful ticket pricing policy. He has completely mis-managed the club dividing fans in the process. Some say we cannot afford to sack JL, I say we cannot afford to keep him as the players obviously don’t want to play for him. I fear for the future as I cannot see another buyer coming along to clear up DCs mess. Great piece btw.

7 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

Like you I realised from the beginning of DCs tenure his investment was purely business to make a profit, and agreed I have no problem with that. A lot of our deluded fans believed all his ‘Wednesday family’ hype and accepted his disgraceful ticket pricing policy. He has completely mis-managed the club dividing fans in the process. Some say we cannot afford to sack JL, I say we cannot afford to keep him as the players obviously don’t want to play for him. I fear for the future as I cannot see another buyer coming along to clear up DCs mess. Great piece btw.

If we go down, we will not find a buyer that will allow DC to recoup his money. We could be left in league one having to be self-sufficient. With a huge wage bill, no owner investment and massively reduced TV money.... well, let’s just say league one is not the worst that could happen but rather the start of even worse to come. 

JL needs to go. DC needs to get better advice or sell to someone who will listen to advice. 

Thanks for the praise as well. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl

Guest LittleG
12 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

The Chairman hasn’t even got a fall back position - it’s crumbling.

When I first looked at your post, I read this as "full back position" and I had to agree.

48 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

NO!

In reality we are a club in transition, with sky-high expectations based on previous seasons and our history. Once we all come to terms with this, the divide will end. 

The supporters were told we have to have highest prices in the league if we wanted to get to the Premier League.

We are currently much more likely to be in league 1 in next few season then the Premier league with these eye watering prices.

This is where the majority of the discontent is coming from.