Chansiri, should he stay or should he go?

Chansiri is an atypical East Asian business person. I can guarantee from personal experience that, within East Asian business culture, the leaders will rarely if ever back down on decisions they have made, will wallow in the glory when something goes right, will by nature blame everything and everybody but themselves when things go wrong, organize and plan to a wholly unacceptable standard and will often waste significant cash reserves on things that give them face and penny pinch to ridiculous levels on business essentials. East Asian business leaders will also not tolerate dissent or questioning of their ability or status. 

Those that have never dealt with East Asians in business will say what's different to all of that compared to other places. After you have worked out in the far east and Indo-China, you will soon come to appreciate the difference.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I’d be upset! Him leaving likely sees him cashing in the loans, leaves us a hundred million or so in debt, leaves us in liquidation and asset stripped. 

Have to wonder if those hounding him out want that? It’s not like there’s a queue of billionaires wanting to set fire to cash and buy us is there? 

where does the club get the money from to 'cash in the loans'?

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

where does the club get the money from to 'cash in the loans'?

At guess, I’d say asset strip; stadium, training facilities, players... I’m not saying it’s going to happen but if he were to take his ball and go home so to say, that’s what I perceive to be worst case scenario. 

I know its not as simple as him saying his going and next day he is gone.

I am well aware that mega rich people wanting to buy and fund football clubs are not on every street corner.

But I would like him to start looking for a new owner. 

Like changing anyone in charge of any organisation its a gamble but a gamble worth taking.

Chansiri not only has shown himself lacking the knowledge and where with all of running a football club he has also made the club IMO lack identity.

From pricing loyal fans out, taking away stripes on a whim, 150th year celebrations being a wet fart.

11 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

I think the most logical thing to do is to wait to read what’s been said. 

I think this is the most sensible approach to this 'tell all' forum

i've so many misgivings about this ownership, but I also think Mr Chansiri has been unlucky which is an unfortunate mixer with inexperience and stubbornness

I think there's been a dozen or so of us on here  playing the part of Shakespeare' s Marcellus  warning of problems in Denmark. It's now almost tangible to all of us 

Now whatever our doubts  it's up to everyone one of us to give him a fair listen  

TBH whilst i'd like to hear why we are where we are, we can't change that,  I'm far more interested in what the plan is going from here 

10 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i've so many misgivings about this ownership, but I also think Mr Chansiri has been unlucky which is an unfortunate mixer with inexperience and stubbornness

I think there's been a dozen or so of us on here  playing the part of Shakespeare' s Marcellus  warning of problems in Denmark. It's now almost tangible to all of us 

Now whatever our doubts  it's up to everyone one of us to give him a fair listen  

TBH whilst i'd like to hear why we are where we are, we can't change that,  I'm far more interested in what the plan is going from here 

Exactly

Don’t think we have any choice. It’s totally up to him isn’t it. I’ve been very supportive and stuck up for him on here. But the decision not to sack Jo’s is just beyond comprehension. Let’s see what he has to say tonight about how we get out of this mess before we get out the pitchforks eh?

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

He's been here nearly 4 years. What makes you think he's all of a sudden going to do a total U turn on his business approach?

Because those 4yrs have cost him a shitload of cash without being successful. 

42 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

At guess, I’d say asset strip; stadium, training facilities, players... I’m not saying it’s going to happen but if he were to take his ball and go home so to say, that’s what I perceive to be worst case scenario. 

he could sell what few players he has that are worth anything, perhaps even the training facilities, doubt the ground is worth anything, unless someone wants to open a waterpark after the first heavy rain.

4 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Pig created crisis. They’re all at it on FB and the official owls page, you know, pretending to be owls until you check their likes and stuff. Give better than what you get, that’s what I say 

i'm not a pig, and I think I may have noticed results going downhill for a while, the crowds falling, season ticket holders jacking in, people who should be playing in the first team frozen out, the bloke picking and sending them out sat in the dugout like a guy fawkes, and a tad of not looking like we've realised the problem yet, never mind set something in place to solve it.

42 minutes ago, steelowl said:

have we a branch in Denmark?

10 hours ago, Steelman said:

So what?

Seriously, the club will always exist in one form or another. Do you seriously think him walking away would be the end of us? Why are so many of our fans beholden to him because of this?

Give over, we will always support the club in whatever form it takes. Sooner he's gone the better, I really don't care where it leaves us. 

If you have someone who can stump up £50-80m to buy the club, buy out his loans and then another £30-50m minimum to bankroll the ongoing losses, then great.

Otherwise, I'd be careful what I wish for.