Chansiri, should he stay or should he go?

35 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’d be upset! Him leaving likely sees him cashing in the loans, leaves us a hundred million or so in debt, leaves us in liquidation and asset stripped. 

Have to wonder if those hounding him out want that? It’s not like there’s a queue of billionaires wanting to set fire to cash and buy us is there? 

No there probably isn't, but who's to say there aren't people who look at the club and see how close we came to making it to the premier league with a guy running the place who has no clue what he was doing and know they can do a better job?

I don't think DC will sell, i am hopeful he can dig in, learn from the mistakes and put a very solid plan in place for the next 2 seasons before then having another go at getting to the premier league. 

We as a club can attract big crowds, as we did against Arsenal and Brighton, we have fans who will the highest gate prices in the league, we can attract big name players, we have a decent (ish) ground, a progressing academy and above all else our fans are pretty f'ing loyal.

With a good business plan, either DC or someone else can get us to the premier league. 

It’s going to take a Damascean conversion by the Chairman to stop the cynicism, distrust and negativity in the fan base, that he has created. Both casual and corporate.

Cant see him changing or listening. Personally I don’t understand why anyone would want to buy and run a Club on his basis - without the consensus and goodwill of the fans.

What the fans think is irrelevant short term - but long term it’s doomed to failure.

Because the Club is the fans.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I’d be upset! Him leaving likely sees him cashing in the loans, leaves us a hundred million or so in debt, leaves us in liquidation and asset stripped. 

Have to wonder if those hounding him out want that? It’s not like there’s a queue of billionaires wanting to set fire to cash and buy us is there? 

How does he CASH IN his loans if there isn't any money to pay the loans off?

22 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

It’s going to take a Damascean conversion 

Are you from Reading or is it a hobby? 

Very impressed with your referencing. 

I think you are right in most of what you say. My quibble is, who are the fans? I think they are a wide group and their views are not necessarily realistically portrayed in social media melting pots like this one. I think Jos has lost support but don't think DC has yet from the 'silent majority'? 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

So what?

Seriously, the club will always exist in one form or another. Do you seriously think him walking away would be the end of us? Why are so many of our fans beholden to him because of this?

Give over, we will always support the club in whatever form it takes. Sooner he's gone the better, I really don't care where it leaves us. 

10 minutes ago, Steelman said:

So what?

Seriously, the club will always exist in one form or another. Do you seriously think him walking away would be the end of us? Why are so many of our fans beholden to him because of this?

Give over, we will always support the club in whatever form it takes. Sooner he's gone the better, I really don't care where it leaves us. 

That’s entirely your prerogative; I happen to care where it leaves us, or if we go out of business. 

Still think most people would love to see him turn this around. Although you’d have to acknowledge it’s getting harder by the week.

Yes, there are a handful of idiots in our fan base and I get how he feels about that. But, the mainstream fan base is also a source of some very constructive and justified criticism.  He could certainly learn a thing or two by backing himself and certain others less and listening to fans a little more.

If the likes of Vincent Tan can learn from their mistakes, win back the fans and bring in a experienced manager, then I hope Chansiri could too? For me personally, I'd rather see action and sensible action rather than words or talk. Chansiri's made numerous mistakes ever since Wembley, we're paying the price for that enjoyable season and ever since reckless spending and poor advice. Chansiri's not blameless, we did have some good times and we could again, if only he realises mistakes have been made and feels determined to right the wrongs and do things more sensibly. He needs to see sense and ditch the advisers; re-think the ticket prices, shirt prices and commercial side of things, ditch Jos and bring in a experienced manager (either a proven Championship level manager, someone similar to a Warnock or someone of the kind of stature of a Big Jack).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

If the likes of Vincent Tan can learn from their mistakes, win back the fans and bring in a experienced manager, then I hope Chansiri could too? For me personally, I'd rather see action and sensible action rather than words or talk. Chansiri's made numerous mistakes ever since Wembley, we're paying the price for that enjoyable season and ever since reckless spending and poor advice. Chansiri's not blameless, we did have some good times and we could again, if only he realises mistakes have been made and feels determined to right the wrongs and do things more sensibly. He needs to see sense and ditch the advisers; re-think the ticket prices, shirt prices and commercial side of things, ditch Jos and bring in a experienced manager (either a proven Championship level manager, someone similar to a Warnock or someone of the kind of stature of a Big Jack).

Very clever see what you did here ..

Where we going next Ian ?

lol

• Haha 1