Front page of Star tomorrow......!!

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

he's minus £80M down at this time. Yeah ruthless 

Prices have just been announced for tonights fans forum, it's pay on gate for those attending;

Non Members: £5

Silver Members: £10

Gold Members: £15

Season Tickets Holders: £325

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

The star article is pretty much as expected. The same words that have been recycled for the last 4 years.

Family, I will listen to people if they approach me with respect, I always answer questions if they are asked politely, I am an open book and will always speak the truth.

More lovely words but nothing to back it up and examples left, right and centre to prove otherwise. It's a wishy washy statement and I hope I don't end up listening to exactly the same tonight, for the clubs sake

Just take a large piece of card, like the Yanks do to games, & write ‘one win in ten’ on it.

On the back write ‘most goals conceded in division’

Hold that up. Enough said.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

My opinion isn't better than anyone elses

But I just wanted to state; I think it's poor by Dom Howson to ruffle the feathers and be pre-emptive prior to tonights fans forum.

Pulling off sensationalist timely headlines like this should get him black listed by the club and I hope it does.

If you're one of the many unhappy fans heading to tonights forum, don't let Dom Howson intentionally annoy you further.

Lets listen and try to devise a plan of action. If your having 8 pints before, you might aswell not go. Cause more harm than good.

Yes this is scurrilous by Dom Howson and helps nobody including the Star who will lose even more readers as they move to be more like HITC than a respected local news outlet.

12 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just take a large piece of card, like the Yanks do to games, & write ‘one win in ten’ on it.

I'm going to try and go in there with an open mind tonight because I know I have a very cynical view of Chansiri's running of the club to date.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm going to try and go in there with an open mind tonight because I know I have a very cynical view of Chansiri's running of the club to date.

Please when you’re there tonight try and get the fact over that the majority of the fanbase want Jos out. They have had enough of his negative anti football tactics and the time for a change in management is now. I like the idea of holding up a massive sign so DC can see it :-)

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

My opinion isn't better than anyone elses

But I just wanted to state; I think it's poor by Dom Howson to ruffle the feathers and be pre-emptive prior to tonights fans forum.

Pulling off sensationalist timely headlines like this should get him black listed by the club and I hope it does.

If you're one of the many unhappy fans heading to tonights forum, don't let Dom Howson intentionally annoy you further.

Lets listen and try to devise a plan of action. If your having 8 pints before, you might aswell not go. Cause more harm than good.

Dom Howson just doing his job.

He is journalist so will looking for an angle, if he didn't would not be doing his job.

Dom Howson is a Sheffield Star reporter not a paid cheerleader for Sheffield Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Please when you’re there tonight try and get the fact over that the majority of the fanbase want Jos out. They have had enough of his negative anti football tactics and the time for a change in management is now. I like the idea of holding up a massive sign so DC can see it :-)

The trouble is I'm more interested in finding out what could possibly be going on behind the scenes to hamper Jos and whether it's really just a big coincidence most of our top earners who have expiring contracts are not being considered this season. 

There is a chance in my opinion we would be removing the head of the wrong monster and giving the real monster the chance to leave all the failings on the shoulders of a sacked Jos. This might only delay facing up to the real issues, again. 

I'm by no means defending Jos, our team is performing woefully but there's a whole lot more too it than meets the eye.

Like I said, I'm going to try and go with an open mind!! 

49 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The club would do well to have this streamed on iFollow. They could have that darts music playing for DC's walk-on, with people holding up various messages of support.

Altogether now... ♪♬duh, duh-duh-duh-duhhh, duh-duh-duh-duh-duhhhhhh♩ ♫ 

Chandarts.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

The trouble is I'm more interested in finding out what could possibly be going on behind the scenes to hamper Jos and whether it's really just a big coincidence most of our top earners who have expiring contracts are not being considered this season. 

There is a chance in my opinion we would be removing the head of the wrong monster and giving the real monster the chance to leave all the failings on the shoulders of a sacked Jos. This might only delay facing up to the real issues, again. 

I'm by no means defending Jos, our team is performing woefully but there's a whole lot more too it than meets the eye.

Like I said, I'm going to try and go with an open mind!! 

So you are more of the thought DC is the real problem and whatever manager we have the same things will happen?

Edited by WalthamOwl

23 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Interesting, considering we had 2 play off finishes in his first 2 years. As opposed to one lower league one in our previous 20. Give or take.

Each to their own view and I respect that.

I just think that the easy bit was chucking money at it upfront, chucking money at it and hoping something sticks. The hard bit is managing the consequences or stewardship if you will. 

Almost nothing that has happened since the play off final inspires me with any confidence whatsoever and it can't be argued that we aren't going backwards. That started happening well before Jos arrived and he cannot therefore be classed as the catalyst for our current demise. 

44 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Interesting, considering we had 2 play off finishes in his first 2 years. As opposed to one lower league one in our previous 20. Give or take.

He got lucky

Judge him more on where we are as a club when he has had 3 years of autocratic rule over every area of the club.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

For the gazillionth time - HW made all recommendations on football and the full board made the decisions....I never made a decision on that side of things, I had another preference as manager (promised to never reveal the identity  to the person in question) and was also the only voice saying Brian needed to go 6 weeks before he went. I did maintain a positive working relationship with both managers during my time at the club.

Genuine question why does your name always appear when the pot it really beginning to get stirred? 

8 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

Genuine question why does your name always appear when the pot it really beginning to get stirred? 

I am a consistent if not a frequent poster on football matters, you may have missed that.

But directly addressing your question/accusation, I would answer with a question, why does a Wednesdayite that has sacrificed more than anyone else (due respect to anything any other Wednesdayite has done for the betterment of our club) in order to try and put our club on a better path, get concerned when everything they sacrificed for is on the verge of being for nought, and start to identify concerns???

FYI I have been consistently saying that DCs relationship with AP / Doyen would be the ruination of our club since the day DC bought our club....... 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

I am a consistent if not a frequent poster on football matters, you may have missed that.

But directly addressing your question/accusation, I would answer with a question, why does a Wednesdayite that has sacrificed more than anyone else (due respect to anything any other Wednesdayite has done for the betterment of our club) in order to try and put our club on a better path, get concerned when everything they sacrificed for is on the verge of being for nought, and start to identify concerns???

FYI I have been consistently saying that DCs relationship with AP / Doyen would be the ruination of our club since the day DC bought our club....... 

Nope sorry answering a question with another question doesn't answer the original question. 

I also note that you consider yourself a better 'wednesdayite' "more than anyone else" !

note: is was a genuine question, hence the genuine question comment and not an accusation, but if that's how you perceived it then that is your prerogative, however you would be wrong !!!  < See what I did there !  < Didn't do it a second time  

Edited by Guest
More info added