Markowski77

Front page of Star tomorrow......!!

TBH, I’ve given up. Just my opinion but I think we are going down, and looking at a Coventry/Portsmouth situation. 

DC is a decent chap, but if he can’t see that this team, and club, would benefit from change in manager, then there is absolutely no hope. There may be financial reasons for not doing it, and if so, fair enough. If it’s for football reasons, like the ridiculous treatment of a number of players, then it’s game over. 

The game changed for me when DC made the point in September that if we didn’t go up, we were in big trouble. Anyone who understood football, this league and our squad knew full well were not going up. It wasn’t the fact we weren’t going up that was the issue. It was the fact the Chairman couldn’t see it. 

Over and out for me. 

• Agree 8

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Lee Straford's post reads well but needs one additional point in my view:

I will be bringing in a Manager with both experience and a track record of success in the Championship to lead the fight against relegation.

Afterall it was a Lee Straford who brought in Alan Irvine and that name still makes me shudder.

Many people have seen a real similarity and likeness betweeen Luhukay and Irvine.

For the gazillionth time - HW made all recommendations on football and the full board made the decisions....I never made a decision on that side of things, I had another preference as manager (promised to never reveal the identity  to the person in question) and was also the only voice saying Brian needed to go 6 weeks before he went. I did maintain a positive working relationship with both managers during my time at the club.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Something about Uri Geller, wasn't it?

:duntmatter:

If I remember rightly, it was about how he doesn't actually bend the spoons himself and it's all staged. 

10 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

“Fans may not like it but they’ll get the truth”

Gonna take a guess and assume we are going to be the ones blamed again

When have you been blamed?

• Confused 2

My opinion isn't better than anyone elses

But I just wanted to state; I think it's poor by Dom Howson to ruffle the feathers and be pre-emptive prior to tonights fans forum.

Pulling off sensationalist timely headlines like this should get him black listed by the club and I hope it does.

If you're one of the many unhappy fans heading to tonights forum, don't let Dom Howson intentionally annoy you further.

Lets listen and try to devise a plan of action. If your having 8 pints before, you might aswell not go. Cause more harm than good.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that I did not know that Lee Strafford had no responsibility for the appointment of Alan Irvine.

I thought that his proposed Club statement read well.

What is his view of Luhukay though because in my eyes the relegation warning signs are flashing ominously brightly?

37 minutes ago, SheffWedsince86 said:

Jose Mourinho has a good CV, he still got sacked, sometimes managers don't work out at clubs, style of play or players to choose from its not their fault but seriously he has to go. Also on his CV he's never managed or played in England, toughest league in the world. 

I heard a good quote Yesterday regarding Mourinho, that he might not have been the biggest problem at United, but he was the easiest one to solve.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

But I just wanted to state; I think it's poor by Dom Howson to ruffle the feathers and be pre-emptive prior to tonights fans forum.

Pulling off sensationalist timely headlines like this should get him black listed by the club and I hope it does.

If you're one of the many unhappy fans heading to tonights forum, don't let Dom Howson intentionally annoy you further.

Lets listen and try to devise a plan of action. If your having 8 pints before, you might aswell not go. Cause more harm than good.

Seems clear (given the article just posted) that Dom has actually interviewed the Chairman. Hes not being pre-emptive at all

Just now, Hirst1867 said:

Seems clear (given the article just posted) that Dom has actually interviewed the Chairman. Hes not being pre-emptive at all

I understand that. Chansiri will have spoken to Dom Howson willingly but Chansiri has no input in how Howson uses his words.

Howson is setting people up to be aggrieved heading into the forum.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I heard a good quote Yesterday regarding Mourinho, that he might not have been the biggest problem at United, but he was the easiest one to solve.  

I heard it. It was a lad who called into Talksport. He was bang on the money. 

14 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

He loves it though doesn't he??

Gotta horrrible feeling Doyen and Paxo are gonna have a great Xmas but even better January.

It's fill your boots for one last time, before FFP and cash constraints kick in (to 3rd Division).  

16 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I understand that. Chansiri will have spoken to Dom Howson willingly but Chansiri has no input in how Howson uses his words.

Howson is setting people up to be aggrieved heading into the forum.

I don't think anyone needs to set the fans up to be aggrieved

6 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

I don't think anyone needs to set the fans up to be aggrieved

So you think Howson is correct to publically manipulate our Chairmans words for the sole benefit to sell a newspaper?

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

I heard it. It was a lad who called into Talksport. He was bang on the money. 

That's it, pretty sure he was a Cricketer from India who happened to support United so they asked him his thoughts.  Shame Mr Chansiri wasn't listening.    

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

So you think Howson is correct to publically manipulate our Chairmans words for the sole benefit to sell a newspaper?

The Stars Wednesday reporter reporting on Wednesday. 

How dare he! :duntmatter:

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

The Stars Wednesday reporter reporting on Wednesday. 

How dare he! :duntmatter:

Completely avoiding my point.

Are there 3 worse teams than us to go down?

I hope so - as we don’t have a chance of getting it done ourselves