Front page of Star tomorrow......!!

45 minutes ago, hdan450 said:

It is quite worrying the drastic change of direction we have taken 

If Chansiri had people around him who knew the game giving him advice we would be in a lot better position.

The first year under Carlos was magnificent, sadly didn't make it over the line, and it was downhill from there

Terrible choice of signings, expensive wages, and Carlos' ego growing made it a difficult following season. We were lucky to even make the play offs and our style of play was horrendous in comparison to the previous year. Bought in even more dead wood that didn't improve the team, no young blood injected in there.

If Chansiri had the people around him who knew the league, and a manager who was strong willed, we could have kept it sustainable, bought a few quality players to drop into the team without much disruption, and go again.

Chansiri was too loyal for too long. Carlos should have left after losing to Huddersfield, I said it back then, but fair enough he got another stab at it. Just wasn't up to it. Even his third season, we should have got rid and tried for Pulis. Wouldn't have been pretty but with our squad we would be right up there.

Jos comes in and keeps us up, and maybe he could have steadied the ship, but his constant changing of formation is bewildering. A 'renowned' defensive coach who can't keep a clean sheet? Admitting he is over his head? Regardless, he has to go. No wonder the players don't have any confidence.

Both Jos and Chansiri mean well in their heats, but they just aren't up to it. Jos has pretty much admitted so. The scariest thing about the present is, Chansiri won't admit it

Automatically going on the defensive and lashing out at the fans. Fans who have been following the club all their lives. Who remember so many terrible times. Who can't quite believe what is happening to the club after 3 years ago. Who have every right to ask questions, and just want the truth. No sugar coating, just explain why our best players aren't playing. Why Jos is still here. How badly we really are off regarding FFP. Oh and the injury situation, the more you think about it that more it is hard to comprehend.

Chansiri might have put in a load of money and may mean well. Try as he might, but he won't ever know what it is like to be a true football fan. He doesn't even know Sheffield reflected in ticket prices.

Very worrying times

When Mandy told Chansiri that we're the six-biggest club in the country, he doubtless believed him.

You could argue that any man who knew more about football wouldn't have come in and invested so heavily in us in the first place.

So it cuts two ways.

All Chansiri has done is what a lot of other chairmen in this league have done, namely throw oodles of cash at it and hope it gets them over the line.

We almost did too.

The pricing is justifiable for an increase in turnover; as Just Visiting keeps reminding us, we're not a club with nationwide support like Leeds, so we do less merchandising and our turnover is smaller.

That means we're allowed to spend less, irrespective of how wealthy our chairman is.

Chansiri aimed to do it in two seasons and spent (and bought players) accordingly.

But for the untimely injury to Hooper it may very well have worked.

So now we have to lie fallow to comply with FFP and start again later.

My gripe with Chansiri is his reluctance to sack failing managers, and his attempts to blame the supporters.

I resent funding his stubbornness.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

How much funding is allowed under FFP rules for owners to inject in sponsorship?

I believe the limit is set in comparison to commercial rates and we are at that limit.

You've made the claim now show the evidence, thanks.

What makes you believe this and how do you know what the limit is?

Just now, hawksmore said:

What makes you believe this and how do you know what the limit is?

It was discussed in a previous meeting and was a surprisingly small amount.

The difference in Championship shirt deals and Premiier deals is similar to the gap in TV monies.

1.2m has been quoted. In 2014 Leicester found a way, now stopped, and for which they were fined for, to leverage in 14m under the sponsorship heading i.e. shirt/stadium etc and I believe DC intended to follow this model.  I believe he was possibly using the same FFP Advisor and I also think he was part of the package, along with Amadeu Paxiao, that came with the club when he bought us.  DC was introduced to all these people by our previous owner and the recent success of his previous club, Leicester, also owned by a Thai, was the model we were trying to follow.

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The difference in Championship shirt deals and Premiier deals is similar to the gap in TV monies.

1.2m has been quoted. In 2014 Leicester found a way, now stopped, and for which they were fined for, to leverage in 14m under the sponsorship heading i.e. shirt/stadium etc and I believe DC intended to follow this model.  I believe he was possibly using the same FFP Advisor and I also think he was part of the package, along with Amadeu Paxiao, that came with the club when he bought us.  DC was introduced to all these people by our previous owner and the recent success of his previous club, Leicester, also owned by a Thai, was the model we were trying to follow.

Yes, that strikes a distant chord.

Other than ticket pricing and merchandising I've never been really sure what can legally be done to increase turnover and thus thwart P&S.

What's certain is that the revenue from the fans has reached its elastic limit.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

When Mandy told Chansiri that we're the six-biggest club in the country, he doubtless believed him.

You could argue that any man who knew more about football wouldn't have come in and invested so heavily in us in the first place.

So it cuts two ways.

All Chansiri has done is what a lot of other chairmen in this league have done, namely throw oodles of cash at it and hope it gets them over the line.

We almost did too.

The pricing is justifiable for an increase in turnover; as Just Visiting keeps reminding us, we're not a club with nationwide support like Leeds, so we do less merchandising and our turnover is smaller.

That means we're allowed to spend less, irrespective of how wealthy our chairman is.

Chansiri aimed to do it in two seasons and spent (and bought players) accordingly.

But for the untimely injury to Hooper it may very well have worked.

So now we have to lie fallow to comply with FFP and start again later.

My gripe with Chansiri is his reluctance to sack failing managers, and his attempts to blame the supporters.

I resent funding his stubbornness.

I agree with the biggest part of that apart from the plan was 3 years and I don't think he blames the fans but can't see why they can't see what you can.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

£1.2m has been quoted by who and measured against what exactly?!

You have just spent 2 pages calling someone out for throwing their opinion out, so i was hoping for something well referenced. 

'i believe...'= i don't know. 

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

£1.2m has been quoted by who and measured against what exactly?!

You have just spent 2 pages calling someone out for throwing their opinion out, so i was hoping for something well referenced. 

'i believe...'= i don't know. 

1.2m is in the accounts.

The question was asked and answered previously re. sponsorship/the stadium etc and the numbers were provided re. FFP limits/going rates and they checked out against what DC is "paying".

"I believe" is in relation to joining the dots on some of the other stuff from information provided by our ex chairman, football leaks and re. Leicester mainly an article in The Guardian digging into what the EFL were looking at, fining them for and hence stopping other clubs copying.

Edited by sonofbert2

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

1.2m is in the accounts.

The question was asked and answered previously re. sponsorship/the stadium etc and the numbers were provided re. FFP limits/going rates and they checked out against what DC is "paying".

Yes £1.2m is in the accounts, it is how much he is paying, but you stated that was the limit. I asked how you knew. You don't. That's all. 

're, re, etc' Used as such when you don't have the depth to elaborate or references to substantiate a point. 

The Leicester comments are truly plucked from thin air too. You have no way of knowing that, at all. 

5 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Yes £1.2m is in the accounts, it is how much he is paying, but you stated that was the limit. I asked how you knew. You don't. That's all. 

're, re, etc' Used as such when you don't have the depth to elaborate or references to substantiate a point. 

The Leicester comments are truly plucked from thin air too. You have no way of knowing that, at all. 

The work has been done before by others re. commercial rates (the numbers EFL use) and what DC is paying.  It's an old argument that was discussed in detail following a previous forum. It isn't a viable channel.

The Leicester stuff is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

I think that these could possibly be the friends that DC referred to with regards to FFP.

Having read the article again it was an extra 11m not 14m but my point re. the method etc remains.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

The work has been done before by others re. commercial rates (the numbers EFL use) and what DC is paying.  It's an old argument that was discussed in detail following a previous forum. It isn't a viable channel.

The Leicester stuff is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

I think that these could possibly be the friends that DC referred to with regards to FFP.

Let me help you, one last time, it goes something like this....

'I don't know'

Pretty simple really, try it next time. Because you don't know, so pulling others for posting their opinion and having nothing other than opinion to substantiate your own claims, is hypocritical. Viable or not, you said we are at the limit, yet have zero proof of that, well, aside from more opinion, yours or others. 

'Friends' - 'i think' jeez.

6 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Let me help you, one last time, it goes something like this....

'I don't know'

Pretty simple really, try it next time. Because you don't know, so pulling others for posting their opinion and having nothing other than opinion to substantiate your own claims, is hypocritical. Viable or not, you said we are at the limit, yet have zero proof of that, well, aside from more opinion, yours or others. 

'Friends' - 'i think' jeez.

It was done to death previously.

Leeds get 400k per year for theirs (shirt sponsorship) just to give you an example of a commercial rate for a comparable club which the EFL base their limits on.

Edited by sonofbert2

7 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Why would it be anything different? Fans aren’t happy. Chairman ain’t happy. The truth is clearly uncomfortable as we should all know from what has been previously said. 

Tomorrow is a level set, and we’ll then go on and pick up 3 points on Saturday and go on an unbeaten run. 

This is will blow over. 

Have you seen how we are playing at the moment and how far out of his depth our current manager is? 

Yeah total none-article, just a plea for respect tonight, which is fair enough.

Unfortunately he doesn’t seem to realise that his lack of communication is one of the main reasons fans are so angry. 

If he had communicated what the situation was for this season, including with the likes of Hutch and Westwood, fans would have been more accepting of where we are at. Instead he has allowed conspiracy theories aplenty to flow which has contributed to this whole mess. 

Hopefully he has learned from some mistakes, I have my doubts.