Front page of Star tomorrow......!!

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Can you answer my question then please?

Taken from the last financial accounts....D Chansiri paid a total £1.2 million for shirt sponsorship, elev8, D Taxi’s, seat sponsorship etc etc basically his name plastered everywhere.

Based on P&S we have to demonstrate a ‘fair market value’ i’ll leave you compare us with the top 6 sides in the division on how much they receive in sponsorship.

He could inject huge sums to improve the commercial side of our club to enable us to compete but he doesn’t.

Just now, Box_Man said:

Taken from the last financial accounts....D Chansiri paid a total £1.2 million for shirt sponsorship, elev8, D Taxi’s, seat sponsorship etc etc basically his name plastered everywhere.

Based on P&S we have to demonstrate a ‘fair market value’ i’ll leave you compare us with the top 6 sides in the division on how much they receive in sponsorship.

He could inject huge sums to improve the commercial side of our club to enable us to compete but he doesn’t.

How much funding is allowed under FFP rules for owners to inject in sponsorship?

I believe the limit is set in comparison to commercial rates and we are at that limit.

You've made the claim now show the evidence, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

I wonder, for example, the size of market share elev8 currently has in the sports and health drinks sector and how much it turns over for it to be seen as a realistic value. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I oppose any fan that thinks all of the above is vaguely acceptable. 

Then why do you use FF as your avatar? He held the club to ransom for high wages...very high wages, none sustainable without promotion.

Derby are not a good example they are serial failures, the ones who gamble go up...not always granted

40 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

There are ways to invest more cash in the club if he wanted too....he doesn’t, he’s run out of cash.

I would be happy to support the promotion of under 23s into the main squad and will always cheer them on regardless but I am not paying £35 a time to watch average football in an attempt to try to bridge the gap of his spend or bust roulette job he has overseen.

I’ve said it multiple times, he has spent the multi year season ticket money in one go in a boom or bust chuck some cash at it, and now he has the prospect of covering the losses year on year.

We are in serious trouble.

This is a guy who thought £90 memberships in the second tier of English football represented ‘good value’ 

Tomorrow will pave the way for him to wash his hands of us and leave us right in the poo  

Make multiple assumptions and state them as fact. Not helpful under any circumstances really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Make multiple assumptions and state them as fact. Not helpful under any circumstances really.

Think you will find the above is my opinion not fact...

But if you want to be pedantic maybe you missed the excessive ticket prices, £90 memberships, “promotion or trouble” from DC.

All points to a happy ever after doesn’t it.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Then why do you use FF as your avatar? He held the club to ransom for high wages...very high wages, none sustainable without promotion.

Derby are not a good example they are serial failures, the ones who gamble go up...not always granted

Derby are actually a great example of a club that are run very well financially. They bottle it every year but always have a chance at giving the manager the tools needed to have another shot at it. 

We've got years to go to bungee back up into contention. Plus we're paying the highest prices in the world for 2nd tier football. Nah some fans think alls rosey though :laugh:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

How much funding is allowed under FFP rules for owners to inject in sponsorship?

I believe the limit is set in comparison to commercial rates and we are at that limit.

You've made the claim now show the evidence, thanks.

There are plenty of clubs in this division that are light years ahead of us in terms of sponsorship and commercial revenue.

£1.2 million in the 2017 accounts is ‘ok’  DC could inject upwards of 5 million in multi shirt sponsorship, ground, seats, corporate etc each season without sanctions and still deem it within commercial rates. 

If you refuse to accept this, not my problem. 

3 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

There are plenty of clubs in this division that are light years ahead of us in terms of sponsorship and commercial revenue.

£1.2 million in the 2017 accounts is ‘ok’  DC could inject upwards of 5 million in multi shirt sponsorship, ground, seats, corporate etc each season without sanctions and still deem it within commercial rates. 

If you refuse to accept this, not my problem. 

I will accept it if you show me where it is written down.

27 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I wonder, for example, the size of market share elev8 currently has in the sports and health drinks sector and how much it turns over for it to be seen as a realistic value. 

For a company that dosnt actually make any products, id say very little. 

It is quite worrying the drastic change of direction we have taken 

If Chansiri had people around him who knew the game giving him advice we would be in a lot better position.

The first year under Carlos was magnificent, sadly didn't make it over the line, and it was downhill from there

Terrible choice of signings, expensive wages, and Carlos' ego growing made it a difficult following season. We were lucky to even make the play offs and our style of play was horrendous in comparison to the previous year. Bought in even more dead wood that didn't improve the team, no young blood injected in there.

If Chansiri had the people around him who knew the league, and a manager who was strong willed, we could have kept it sustainable, bought a few quality players to drop into the team without much disruption, and go again.

Chansiri was too loyal for too long. Carlos should have left after losing to Huddersfield, I said it back then, but fair enough he got another stab at it. Just wasn't up to it. Even his third season, we should have got rid and tried for Pulis. Wouldn't have been pretty but with our squad we would be right up there.

Jos comes in and keeps us up, and maybe he could have steadied the ship, but his constant changing of formation is bewildering. A 'renowned' defensive coach who can't keep a clean sheet? Admitting he is over his head? Regardless, he has to go. No wonder the players don't have any confidence.

Both Jos and Chansiri mean well in their heats, but they just aren't up to it. Jos has pretty much admitted so. The scariest thing about the present is, Chansiri won't admit it

Automatically going on the defensive and lashing out at the fans. Fans who have been following the club all their lives. Who remember so many terrible times. Who can't quite believe what is happening to the club after 3 years ago. Who have every right to ask questions, and just want the truth. No sugar coating, just explain why our best players aren't playing. Why Jos is still here. How badly we really are off regarding FFP. Oh and the injury situation, the more you think about it that more it is hard to comprehend.

Chansiri might have put in a load of money and may mean well. Try as he might, but he won't ever know what it is like to be a true football fan. He doesn't even know Sheffield reflected in ticket prices.

Very worrying times

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I will accept it if you show me where it is written down.

Where what is written down?!? 

The onus is on the club to justify the income is ‘fair value’ to the EFL....which shouldn’t be difficult seen as most of the larger clubs put us to shame in this area.

As an extreme example Stoke City will recieve £3.2 million THIS year just in shirt sponsorship alone, yes they were in the premier league recently but when you add in the rest of their owners investment on the ground sponsorship and corporate areas, If we really had the means and the motivation there are ways to inject further funds.

4 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Where what is written down?!? 

The onus is on the club to justify the income is ‘fair value’ to the EFL....which shouldn’t be difficult seen as most of the larger clubs put us to shame in this area.

As an extreme example Stoke City will recieve £3.2 million THIS year just in shirt sponsorship alone, yes they were in the premier league recently but when you add in the rest of their owners investment on the ground sponsorship and corporate areas, If we really had the means and the motivation there are ways to inject further funds.

The EFL have the numbers re. "Fair Value" which in our case is an average commercial rate amongst our peers.  We have to justify anything over it.

Stoke are not comparable to us, like you stated they have just been relegated, have parachute monies and ongoing, historic Premier deals.

Give me an example of a club in our position. There are 12 clubs actively being monitored closely by EFL in an attempt to bring them back towards the limits so plenty to choose from.

Thanks.

Edited by sonofbert2

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Stoke are not comparable to us, like you stated they have just been relegated, have parachute monies and ongoing, historic Premier deals.

Give me an example of a club in our position. There are 12 clubs actively being monitored closely by EFL in an attempt to bring them back towards the limits so plenty to choose from.

Thanks.

Round and round we go.

If you cannot grasp that DC could inject further money in the commercial side of the club (and is either choosing not to or doesn’t have the finances too) without sanctions by the EFL let’s just leave it there.

Its like me saying to you, name the 12 clubs you quote are being monitored, tell me what they are all doing with regards to P&S.

Lets pick this up after tomorrow night...should make interesting reading!

Percentage wise, when it's come to DC during his time here, what's been good news from him and what's been bad? I mean of his creation and not the team's doing? Interesting to see what you think. Trying to work out if this announcement of bad news coming is as per or a complete bolt out of the blue on the negativity front. Got feeling it might be weightier. Fans have paid through the nose and you've brought in journeyman untested in the English game. Remember these latter facts DC before you start chucking the blame. Just start off with some realistic truths please. Buy a good car and it reaches the destinations. Buy a bad one and that car won't go the same places. Fact. 

Edited by basegreenowl

16 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We have to justify anything over it.

So we can justify it or we can’t ?? 

Is it set in stone or isn't it a little bit more fluid than that?

The onus is on the club, ergo DC to come up with the justification I’d bet it’s as justified as our £90 memberships...

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Round and round we go.

If you cannot grasp that DC could inject further money in the commercial side of the club (and is either choosing not to or doesn’t have the finances too) without sanctions by the EFL let’s just leave it there.

Its like me saying to you, name the 12 clubs you quote are being monitored, tell me what they are all doing with regards to P&S.

Lets pick this up after tomorrow night...should make interesting reading!

So you can't and your claims, stated as facts, are just your opinions.

You need to read the FFP rules before tomorrow's meeting and in particular in relation to losses and how owners can offset those losses in a way which doesn't leave the club they own too exposed should they decide to walk away before you make stuff up saying that what is our owner is going to do.

Our accounts are different to the numbers we present in relation to FFP.  There may be additional amounts from areas we could do better in that could make things a bit better but I'd take your claims more seriously if you leveraged them against ticket prices, merchandise, memberships etc as a means to bring prices down because they are literally peanuts when set against the wage bill which is what this is all about.

The reason the unofficial embargos and numbers of clubs involved weren't made public was to protect the transfer system and to safeguard the player asset values of those clubs struggling.

My prediction is this.  I think that the EFL may be forced to raise the limit or increase the time period because of cost increases (wages/fees) since the 39m amount was set (2014) simply because so many clubs are experiencing problems.

We present the next set of numbers in March and I think tomorrow night's news maybe what we've already agreed with the EFL with a view to then and may try to point to them and their rules/ rule changes as the real villain and might go some way in explaining some of the stuff that's been going on.

• Like 1