Chairman/Manager

There's a few on here that think the Chairman is picking the side.

I'm not sure about that myself.  I don't think it's far fetched to think there maybe some contractual/financial issues stipulated by the Chairman & CEO etc in regards to the squad.

But that's not really the same thing as picking the team and tactics. Is it?

So this is a question really for those fans that do think Chansiri is picking the team, and I suppose the tactics.

If he was going to do that, wouldn't he just name himself as manager? Why the rigamrole of pretending?

Ron Noades did it didn't he.

(For those too young - Ron Noades was a cockney business man who was Chairman of Wimbledon and Palace at different times but who when taking over at Brentford decided he could do the managers job himself. And did. Getting them promoted)

Chansiri would just do a Noades if he wanted to. There's much that he can be held to account for. I don't think picking bad first elevens is one of them.

I believe FFP is picking the team/squad - end of. The sooner we as fans accept this, the better. Chansiri chucked money at it, it didn’t work, let’s be glad that it happened as opposed to angry that it has ended. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not sure about that myself.  I don't think it's far fetched to think there maybe some contractual/financial issues stipulated by the Chairman & CEO etc in regards to the squad.

So this is a question really for those fans that do think Chansiri is picking the team, and I suppose the tactics.

If he was going to do that, wouldn't he just name himself as manager? Why the rigamrole of pretending?

(For those too young - Ron Noades was a cockney business man who was Chairman of Wimbledon and Palace at different times but who when taking over at Brentford decided he could do the managers job himself. And did. Getting them promoted)

Chansiri would just do a Noades if he wanted to. There's much that he can be held to account for. I don't think picking bad first elevens is one of them.

Chansiri is telling Jos who he can't play, 99% know that.

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Mourinho could afford to buy SWFC 

Honestly, I think that should be his next move. Buy a lower league club and try and stick it to the big boys.
Could imagine he would have a huge short term impact somewhere. Basically a Chansiri, but with more footballing brain.

Saying all that, I despise him as a manager.

I've heard that Luhukay actually passed away a couple of years ago and Chansiri got straight on the phone to a D Taxidermist as well as spending all his money on AI to get it to speak.

This explains the lack of enthusiasm from Luhukay on the touch line for starters and the malfunction on Saturday night due to a system bug caused by having to receive the same question from giddings repeatedly. 

Chansiri is now ready to showcase his prototype tomorrow night called 'Yes Manager' and the millions of pre-orders that exist. We will be absolutely minted as a result. 

You heard it here first. 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

This is all cobblers, none of those out of side have played enough games to trigger any sort of contract renewal. Some have not played since Jos has been at club and only played minimally before this. Look at each individual and how many games played they would be a long way short of any threshold triggering another contract. This is one of those theories that has been thrown around but if you look at it it makes no sense. Think Chansiri knew zero about football before joining us. Regarding football side relied on help who themselves had poor knowledge of league and did not have interests of club at heart. Think he was also unaware of British culture and economics and this has not helped with non football side. Basically unprepared for what he encountered and in football very easy to make a Horlicks of things.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yeah he emails Jos before every match didn’t you know?

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

Yeah he emails Jos before every match didn’t you know?

This is the sort of detail I'm hoping the ITK people on here can come forward with.

E-mails, taped phone conversations. Long lens photos through the hotel window of him drawing his tactics on a white board for the lads. etc etc.

There must be some evidence out there. There has to be...

Even those around him at the club who probably nod and agree to everything he says would step in at the thought of him taking on the managers role, it would never happen because aside from Noades (blast from the past!) it's just not the done thing in football and DC does have some respect for the traditions of the game and the hierarchy in place within the game.

I think it is much more about Jos and has inability to man manage certain players and strong characters than it is about DC meddling. However, i do believe DC and Jos to be very close, just as he was with Carlos. 

We don't know do we?, therein lies the merry go round thats Owlstalk at the minute.

Chansiri picking the team?..nah I doubt it, but I don't know

...Chansiri having some input due to contractual clauses, fall outs, sulks etc..more plausible..but I don't know..

.Jos being incapable..possibly?

This is what we have to deal with, thats why the forum is like it is.

I was arguing with @acquiescefc about it last night...He was more or less saying we should be stating facts...Which is fair enough I suppose, but they are so thin on the ground...it drives you nuts.

Will owt come out of tomorrows meeting...I honestly doubt it..and to be fair to Chansiri..he owes us nowt does he?

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Will owt come out of tomorrows meeting...I honestly doubt it..and to be fair to Chansiri..he owes us nowt does he?

To be honest, If I was running the show I wouldn't be having any forums or anything like.

I'm a bit surprised he does to be honest.