Press Conference

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But Brer Giddings was simply doing his job, wasn't he?

Personally, I don't deem that a punch.

He simply asked Jos if he had been given any assurances by Chansiri re' his position.

Jos allowed his passions to get the better of him, and if there's any apologising to be done, he's the one who should be doing it.

He's the one who resorted to foul and abusive language, not Giddings.

Poor standards, on and off the pitch.

Mr Giddings had asked variations of the same question in previous press conferences  He opened Saturdays by posing that question in full knowledge that it would irritate and before even asking about the game. Whilst his manner was gentle the words were harsh. Furthermore Mr Giddings knows full well, as do the majority of us, that the question is only answerable by resigning on the spot, something that most of us wouldn't do. 

Is it Mr Giddings job to badger a man just trying to do, and keep his Job? I think not. That said in the aggressive, uncaring and abusive social media age perhaps I shouldn't expect common decency to prvail.

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

If Giddings had any cahunas he would ask him the question again.

Instead we'll get pally pally and an off-mic agreement to soften the line of questioning in return for not walking off.

BTW, this is where Paul Walker is really missed, no other local reporter would ever have taken it on properly.

Yeah pig porker was decent

2 hours ago, mark1948 said:

It really doesn't take courage to ask that question. It lacks class and it lacks common human decency. A proper journalist would be more respectful and use their knowledge, insight and integrity to pose challenging but fair questions that get to the heart of the matter. What's not needed from the BBC is social media style harassing.

absobloodylutely  agree entirely 

what an awful question to continually ask anyone  ask his boss or CEO  but he daren't or cant can he ? (one won't the other doesn't seem to have a voice)

3 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Mr Giddings had asked variations of the same question in previous press conferences  He opened Saturdays by posing that question in full knowledge that it would irritate and before even asking about the game. Whilst his manner was gentle the words were harsh. Furthermore Mr Giddings knows full well, as do the majority of us, that the question is only answerable by resigning on the spot, something that most of us wouldn't do. 

Is it Mr Giddings job to badger a man just trying to do, and keep his Job? I think not. That said in the aggressive, uncaring and abusive social media age perhaps I shouldn't expect common decency to prvail.

Indeed, and with each defeat you would assume that there had been some assurances given, or otherwise.

Jos earns more in a year than many on this site will earn in a lifetime, let's not forget that.

He's not doing the job as a favour to us.

Noblesse oblige.

I think that people in football think that they are a breed apart, have egos the size of the Taj Mahal, and eschew criticism.

With his managerial performance, he can count himself very lucky that he's still in a job to be questioned about.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Indeed, and with each defeat you would assume that there had been some assurances given, or otherwise.

Jos earns more in a year than many on this site will earn in a lifetime, let's not forget that.

He's not doing the job as a favour to us.

Noblesse oblige.

I think that people in football think that they are a breed apart, have egos the size of the Taj Mahal, and eschew criticism.

With his managerial performance, he can count himself very lucky that he's still in a job to be questioned about.

Whilst there is no doubting that what you say is true, is it right and proper to harass a man because of his wages or profession. It isn't, and no matter how you put it, civility, above all else, should prevail otherwise we become uncivilised. The way people treat one another on social media these days leads me to think we are headed that way. It won't be long before we reach that point at the rate that we are going. 

Edited by mark1948

Jos has been around long enough to have shot this down before it even became an issue.  All he had to do at the start of the interview was comment about how he knows he's under pressure, his Job is at risk, fans are on his back but he's working hard to come through it.  I don't blame Giddins for asking the question.    

Personally my opening question at the next press conference would be along the lines of  "Jos, how the flip are you still in a Job"

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We shouldn’t have to listen to one more press conference from Jos. Absolutely staggering he is still in charge. Wonder what the chances are tomorrow of DC saying he is fully behind Jos and so are the players. 

Odds-on pal.

Unfortunately.