Press Conference

How depressing that he is gonna have another press conference. 

Standard apology I guess. Then back to the business of taking us down. 

Personally I don't give a damn about the swearing. It's the taking us down bit I object to. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

If Giddings had any cahunas he would ask him the question again.

Instead we'll get pally pally and an off-mic agreement to soften the line of questioning in return for not walking off.

BTW, this is where Paul Walker is really missed, no other local reporter would ever have taken it on properly.

Edited by McRightSide

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Instead we'll get pally pally and an off-mic agreement to soften the line of questioning in return for not walking off.

BTW, this is where Paul Walker is really missed, no other local reporter would ever have taken it on properly.

It really doesn't take courage to ask that question. It lacks class and it lacks common human decency. A proper journalist would be more respectful and use their knowledge, insight and integrity to pose challenging but fair questions that get to the heart of the matter. What's not needed from the BBC is social media style harassing.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

It really doesn't take courage to ask that question. It lacks class and it lacks common human decency. A proper journalist would be more respectful and use their knowledge, insight and integrity to pose challenging but fair questions that get to the heart of the matter. What's not needed from the BBC is social media style harassing.

I quite agree.

Giddings to Jos. "Oh, you're still here. I didn't think you would be. Any chance of our shipping less than two goals in two minutes tomorrow, then? And the fans want to know why you don't grow a proper moustache."

16 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

It's a question designed to get a soundbite not insight.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It's a question designed to get a soundbite not insight.

What's the man suppose to say? He knows he's in trouble, we know he's in trouble asking that question is akin to poking a defenceless animal with a sharp stick. it is bully boy stuff, indefensible.

1 minute ago, mark1948 said:

What's the man suppose to say? He knows he's in trouble, we know he's in trouble asking that question is akin to poking a defenceless animal with a sharp stick. it is bully boy stuff, indefensible.

I understand why he asked it  - it will have been expected of him - but it's never going to get an insightful answer.

Just now, rickygoo said:

I understand why he asked it  - it will have been expected of him - but it's never going to get an insightful answer.

I understand too but it doesn't make it the right thing to do. He got his response and many on here expect Jos to make the apology and maybe he should for actually retaliating, but Giddings threw the first punch if he is half a man he should make the first apology.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Walker did the one with Wilder last week, just comes back for the one's with mates now it seems.

Giddings won't do it and Oxley is too inexperienced they'll send that new lad from Leicester in all probability

12 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I understand too but it doesn't make it the right thing to do. He got his response and many on here expect Jos to make the apology and maybe he should for actually retaliating, but Giddings threw the first punch if he is half a man he should make the first apology.

But Brer Giddings was simply doing his job, wasn't he?

Personally, I don't deem that a punch.

He simply asked Jos if he had been given any assurances by Chansiri re' his position.

Jos allowed his passions to get the better of him, and if there's any apologising to be done, he's the one who should be doing it.

He's the one who resorted to foul and abusive language, not Giddings.

Poor standards, on and off the pitch.