Fans Forum Wednesday at 1867 suite

Personally I don't hold think any good will come of this fans forum on Wednesday. I can't see any change in our managerial situation, the fans attending are going to be seriously frustrated at the way the club has been run, and the fact that we're still paying top dollar. We know from the last forum that Chansiri doesn't take criticism particularly well and is happy to direct more that the fair share of blame at the fans. This will only serve to further agitate. 

I admire his courage for fronting up, but I can only see it turning nasty. 

I genuinely think all this forum will serve to do is make matters worse.

The last one was a complete and utter waste of time with fans shouting out over one another, this got DC's back up a bit and I just don't think it was very productive at all.

The situation now just 4 months later is far worse and fans attending tomorrow night are going to be even more p***ed off than the last time due to our abysmal performances, fans favourites being frozen out and DC seems either unwilling or unable to pull the trigger on a manager who is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing.

DC will be more p***ed off going into this one as well due to the fact that fans have been singing for the managers head during matches and increasingly critical of the club on social media. He'll now most probably be throwing good money after bad and won't like the fans shouting out and trying to tell him how to run the club after the amount of money he's put into the club.

What was needed was a small forum, perhaps with a handful of local journalists (Dom Howson, Paul Walker and Alan Biggs for example) putting questions to the chairman and the interview being broadcast in full and perhaps the chairman doing an online Q & A for the fans to accompany this where he addresses directly fans questions that have been submitted to the club.

We need dialogue, clarification and cool heads.

Nothing good will come out of this forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I genuinely think all this forum will serve to do is make matters worse.

The last one was a complete and utter waste of time with fans shouting out over one another, this got DC's back up a bit and I just don't think it was very productive at all.

The situation now just 4 months later is far worse and fans attending tomorrow night are going to be even more p***ed off than the last time due to our abysmal performances, fans favourites being frozen out and DC seems either unwilling or unable to pull the trigger on a manager who is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing.

DC will be more p***ed off going into this one as well due to the fact that fans have been singing for the managers head during matches and increasingly critical of the club on social media. He'll now most probably be throwing good money after bad and won't like the fans shouting out and trying to tell him how to run the club after the amount of money he's put into the club.

What was needed was a small forum, perhaps with a handful of local journalists (Dom Howson, Paul Walker and Alan Biggs for example) putting questions to the chairman and the interview being broadcast in full and perhaps the chairman doing an online Q & A for the fans to accompany this where he addresses directly fans questions that have been submitted to the club.

We need dialogue, clarification and cool heads.

Nothing good will come out of this forum.

I can see your point that the forum might be counter productive and make the relationship between Chansiri and some of the clubs supporters strained.

But I am very intrigued by what will happen and hopefully get a few answers to questions that have constantly been asked on here.

Guest addedtime
11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can see your point that the forum might be counter productive and make the relationship between Chansiri and some of the clubs supporters strained.

But I am very intrigued by what will happen and hopefully get a few answers to questions that have constantly been asked on here.

That's it. I'm going more out of curiosity really.

I used to be a shareholder and went to the AGMs out of interest as well.

So it's looking like this forum tomorrow will go ahead with Jos still in charge.  Tomorrow is when the staff do the Christmas visiting to the hospital's according to the website and the manager was mentioned as being part of that.  I for one am gobsmacked 

3 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Sold out, just as I'm getting on.

I had tickets for the original one but, as I’ve been in meetings all day, I couldn’t be sat looking at my phone from 10am onwards so I’ve missed out this time. Bit pi££ed off that people who didn’t have tickets for the first venue have got them over people who did.