Bruce on his way

34 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

Can’t understand why people wouldn’t want Bruce, is he perfect... no, is he an improvement..... massively, who are the alternatives, we aren’t exactly the same club as we were 2 years ago and with financial restrictions galore

Totally agree. He'd be the best manager (most proven) that we've had in a long while.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not doubting the messenger, just concerned that DC is still trusting his “stuck in the past” advisors 

How is appointing Steve Bruce in the same bracket as Carvalhal and Luhukay?

Our CEO appointed Luzon, Peeters and Riga.  So it makes me smile when Owls fans are upset by the thought it could be Bruce next 

• Like 1

No smoke without fire I reckon on this one. My only concerns are-

1. That the longer we hang about waiting for Bruce to finish his jollies the longer we are stuck with Jos.

2. We set on Bruce then a more appealing job comes up leaving us stuck with Jos.

3. By some miracle we pick up some points over Xmas and DC decides to stick with Jos.

4. Basically anything that means we end up stuck with Jos. :luhukay:

• Haha 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Nah, Bruce will sort us out

He’s got his flaws but by far the best we can hope for 

Mark my words, I was right about Rhodes, who also was a name with a track record at this level Just a cursory glance at where we were back then, was all I needed to tell me that Rhodes wasn’t right for us

This has similar overtones. Bruce is name, who’s also been successful at this level. However, look closer, he’s dour, and has never had any sort of success when not been allowed to spend money We are in that boat, so in my opinion, he’s the wrong man for the job

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

How is appointing Steve Bruce in the same bracket as Carvalhal and Luhukay?

Our CEO appointed Luzon, Peeters and Riga.  So it makes me smile when Owls fans are upset by the thought it could be Bruce next 

Sure Duchâtelet didn’t have anything to do with Charlton appointing those 3 ?

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not doubting the messenger, just concerned that DC is still trusting his “stuck in the past” advisors 

Actually Guru I know my post was directly after yours but it was more aimed at the people giving the OP a bit of stick.

I must confess though that I do hope it works out for all of us but like you I feel a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

No smoke without fire I reckon on this one. My only concerns are-

1. That the longer we hang about waiting for Bruce to finish his jollies the longer we are stuck with Jos.

2. We set on Bruce then a more appealing job comes up leaving us stuck with Jos.

3. By some miracle we pick up some points over Xmas and DC decides to stick with Jos.

4. Basically anything that means we end up stuck with Jos. :luhukay:

Ha ha that is exactly how I’m feeling. A couple of points here and there imo will mean DC keeps hold of Jos :-( 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Mark my words, I was right about Rhodes, who also was a name with a track record at this level Just a cursory glance at where we were back then, was all I needed to tell me that Rhodes wasn’t right for us

This has similar overtones. Bruce is name, who’s also been successful at this level. However, look closer, he’s dour, and has never had any sort of success when not been allowed to spend money We are in that boat, so in my opinion, he’s the wrong man for the job

Who would yo go for Guru? Think it’s pretty recognised we need someone with championship experience and success.

Jokanovic springs to mind but like Bruce he has only been successful with money to burn. Only one that springs to mind is Holloway who’s got promotion on next to nowt and is not dour like you label Bruce. Even then that was years ago.

I'd be happy for Bruce to get the job as it would mean,

1) He'd want full control of transfer policy.

2) He'd insist on a full compliment of experienced backroom staff.

3) He'd give straight answers in press conferences.

For all the above, it will never happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm in Burgh Le Marsh Atm Dale.

where is it I'll go take photos 

Well in a few Hours or 10

I'm "With Drink" at present 

..............lol

Caravan park, the one with the amusement arcade. 

you'll find him in there, cant keep him out, loves the penny slots.