Bruce on his way

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Mark my words, I was right about Rhodes, who also was a name with a track record at this level Just a cursory glance at where we were back then, was all I needed to tell me that Rhodes wasn’t right for us

This has similar overtones. Bruce is name, who’s also been successful at this level. However, look closer, he’s dour, and has never had any sort of success when not been allowed to spend money We are in that boat, so in my opinion, he’s the wrong man for the job

I think he’ll be more than capable of sorting out the outcasts (Westwood etc) and utilising a championship squad to get safety this season 

I’d get him on a short term if possible 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think he’ll be more than capable of sorting out the outcasts (Westwood etc) and utilising a championship squad to get safety this season 

I’d get him on a short term if possible 

A six month deal, yes maybe

44 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

No way is the OP getting credit if Bruce gets appointed lol 

Haha not bothered about that tbh. Didn’t post to say “told ya so” literally was told this morning in work and thought I would share. I think I’ve started 2 threads in 7 years. Haha. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Where is DC going to get that injection of cash from? I’m not saying it’s impossible, but you would have expected something to be in place if there was going to be significant finance for a new manager to spend. If we are looking to spend our way out of relegation trouble, then that won’t be easy, with traditionally not much business done in January. Any new manager will also need time to assess the current squad, and these things take time

I’m thinking TUF investment maybe in the summer.

obv he would need assess current squad but usually a new man likes the odd one of his favs in. So maybe promise backing with a few loans in Jan. stay up this season n then world your oyster in summer. Players out of contract etc and had plenty of time to assess current squad to see who want to keep or sell etc. 

9 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

I’m thinking TUF investment maybe in the summer.

obv he would need assess current squad but usually a new man likes the odd one of his favs in. So maybe promise backing with a few loans in Jan. stay up this season n then world your oyster in summer. Players out of contract etc and had plenty of time to assess current squad to see who want to keep or sell etc. 

Did you listen to a word what DC said at the last fans forum???

Not got a pot to pi$$ in if they don't go up,So don't go printing words like "thinking & maybe" the chairman has already told you.

13 hours ago, owlmanc said:

As per title. Been told today he’s coming in  after Christmas he’s just on holiday in Barbados at the moment. I have friend in work who is close to lots of footballers. He’s not as owl and for him to even mention it means it’s come from a good source. Just passing on what I’ve been told today. 

Where is he? Is he here yet?

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He’ll probably be off to Man U as caretaker 

Surely he'd rather be our manager than unblocking the bogs at old Trafford. It's no fun trying to get rid of unwanted stuck turds reluctant to move on. But then neither is unblocking toilets!!!!! I'm here all week!