Bruce on his way

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If true, it will be another DC mistake, on a par with his signing of Jordan Rhodes

28 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

'cos he's poo.

Come on then! Lets hear who you think we can realistically get who's better than Steve Bruce?

10 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

I'd be happy for Bruce to get the job as it would mean,

1) He'd want full control of transfer policy.

2) He'd insist on a full compliment of experienced backroom staff.

3) He'd give straight answers in press conferences.

For all the above, it will never happen.

That’s part of the reason I don’t want him He’ll have little joy on the first 2, and when that happens he’ll stand clueless on the touch line, as he always does when things don’t go right You certainly won’t see him  resign on a matter of principle

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Caravan park, the one with the amusement arcade. 

you'll find him in there, cant keep him out, loves the penny slots.

I did say I'm with drink Dale ,

But there's a least 50 caravan parks with Amusement Arcades on them in Ingoldsmells ...

Got to be more specific old Chap .....

Oh and everywheres shut here it's December if you'd noticed ...WTF:

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That’s part of the reason I don’t want him He’ll have little joy on the first 2, and when that happens he’ll stand clueless on the touch line, as he always does when things don’t go right You certainly won’t see him  resign on a matter of principle

I agree he won't have any joy on his demands so he won't take the job.

I'd be happy if he did get the job, as it would mean an experienced football man had full control at Hillsborough. He wouldn't be my first choice in that scenario, but I'd just be pleased that someone vaguely qualified was in that position.

I don't think for a second that he'd jeopardise his reputation just to take a pay day and sit cluelessly on the sidelines like a helpless pufferfish... I agree this is a scary thought and therefore if it happens I shall hold you personally responsible..  

1544624232407.thumb.jpg.1e9d564522adae7c63f87ea6453f640b.jpg

• Haha 2

DC keeps his cards close to his chest, so could be using the art of misdirection a false Rumour spread to smoke screen the actual circumstances. Keep us happy and quell the potential agrro with the hope that jos is off, bruce is coming in at Christmas giving him more time to do the deal and land his real target. 

We had all sorts of rumours before Carlos was appointed, we also had plenty before jos rocked up including Pearson and Megson  turning up and watching the match with him once or twice just beforehand. 

32 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’d have gone for Holloway but I’m not going to baulk at Bruce.

He’ll keep us up and that’s a good start. Not sure Luhukay would

Given out budget constraints I thought Holloway might be a good fit. 

But when you look at his record over the last 10 years, it's not great. It's not even good. I appreciate he's been at clubs at turbulent times, but in his last 3 roles his win percentage is worse than Jos's with us. 

1 minute ago, supersiggi said:

Given out budget constraints I thought Holloway might be a good fit. 

But when you look at his record over the last 10 years, it's not great. It's not even good. I appreciate he's been at clubs at turbulent times, but in his last 3 roles his win percentage is worse than Jos's with us. 

and these are turbulent times indeed

39 minutes ago, Twaddle said:

Actually Guru I know my post was directly after yours but it was more aimed at the people giving the OP a bit of stick.

I must confess though that I do hope it works out for all of us but like you I feel a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

I rarely post anything like this and I don’t understand the negs. Will keep what I hear to myself in future. I genuinely just wanted to pass on what I was told from a mate who is well connected. 

14 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Come on then! Lets hear who you think we can realistically get who's better than Steve Bruce?

We won't and can't get Bruce.

Secondly, Bruce would not come here in a million years! No money to spend and already in FFP problems, he tends to get clubs into FFP problems, we are already there.

He would need money to spend of which we have none to spend. There's a few reasons why he won't be coming.

Bruce the journeyman is now well minted and doesn't need the hassle of a fan base baying for blood and wanting instant fixes (of which there are none)

Your question of who is better than Steve Bruce is not really relevant. It's about who could do a job with the resources we have on offer, i.e. limited funds and a huge wage bill. Who could work with Mr C, that's a key factor. I'm not slating Bruce, he has been a good manager in the past, but he is not what we need or could get now.

I suppose, though I have misgivings about saying it, the number one choice that fits our needs and budgets would be Colin. After that Megson (if he and DC could possibly work together) so that's unlikely. After that I'm struggling, Cowley Brothers?

It maybe someone out of the blue, but it won't be Bruce.

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We won't and can't get Bruce.

Secondly, Bruce would not come here in a million years! No money to spend and already in FFP problems, he tends to get clubs into FFP problems, we are already there.

He would need money to spend of which we have none to spend. There's a few reasons why he won't be coming.

Bruce the journeyman is now well minted and doesn't need the hassle of a fan base baying for blood and wanting instant fixes (of which there are none)

Your question of who is better than Steve Bruce is not really relevant. It's about who could do a job with the resources we have on offer, i.e. limited funds and a huge wage bill. Who could work with Mr C, that's a key factor. I'm not slating Bruce, he has been a good manager in the past, but he is not what we need or could get now.

I suppose, though I have misgivings about saying it, the number one choice that fits our needs and budgets would be Colin. After that Megson (if he and DC could possibly work together) so that's unlikely. After that I'm struggling, Cowley Brothers?

It maybe someone out of the blue, but it won't be Bruce.

So Bruce a no but an employed premiership manager yes, ok

• Haha 2