Chansiri consulting players

Guest Hirst1867

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No content seems to have been leaked.

Dont see the issue with him saying ‘we’re not doing what we need to be doing...so tell me your opinion on why?’

People slag him off for anything. He's trying to understand the situation better. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Don't worry. 

He just gives posts what the various voices in his head are telling him to do. 

Bit of a strange comment considering your own anxiety issues, surely empathy would be better rather than trying to get cheap laughs. Having a go at a posters mental health in this day and age is terrible behaviour. 

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

Slightly confused how asking for employees’ opinions constitutes terrible leadership tbh.

One minute he’s getting abuse for being a tinpot dictator who wont take advice, then he’s soft for asking the players what they think.

Personally I think it’s a good move if they aren’t playing for jos chansiri for the sake of the club the fans and the future needs to find out why they won’t play for him etc and if anyone who would they play for. In order to get the best out of team. 

An open forum with the players then...

I wonder who they would point the finger of blame at. Sadly though, If Westwood, Hutchinson and Boyd wasn't present. I think the rest of them are a quiet bunch. Which leads directly to the answer we all needed. 

We need a leader in that team.

Someone to shout at Hector, shout at Lees. We can't see games through without a leader.

Think it’s all right for him to ask for their opinion might have been a strange approach surely the better approach would have been a word with the captain to call a meeting with the players off site and report back 

it puts the players in a slightly awkward position asking to pass comment on their manager whilst he’s still in post 

and it does slightly undermine the manager. I can’t understand for the life of me how he can continue we’re better off having westwood in charge at least he’d be justifying his wages 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Think it’s all right for him to ask for their opinion might have been a strange approach surely the better approach would have been a word with the captain to call a meeting with the players off site and report back 

it puts the players in a slightly awkward position asking to pass comment on their manager whilst he’s still in post 

and it does slightly undermine the manager. I can’t understand for the life of me how he can continue we’re better off having westwood in charge at least he’d be justifying his wages 

But that’s not what happened is it?

Do you think he really went in there and said - tell me how crap Jos is?

Perhaps it went more along the lines of - you’re well paid, have good support and enjoyed a cakeball at our celebrations...so what’s going on?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, southportdc said:

Slightly confused how asking for employees’ opinions constitutes terrible leadership tbh.

One minute he’s getting abuse for being a tinpot dictator who wont take advice, then he’s soft for asking the players what they think.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the training ground for me. Any good chairman wouldn’t. 

Guest Theboylangers
4 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

In my opinion, his most rational behavior, acting in his own interest, would be to gut the squad in January by selling all playing assets with a positive value, accepting point deductions and relegation (to L1 and maybe eventually to L2), and let the P & S sanctions sort themselves out over a couple years. With time, the current malaise will be forgotten. Hillsborough will be filled with 35,000 enthusiastic supporters on the day we win promotion back to L1. With this strategy, he ought to be able to stop the hemorrhaging of money from his own accounts, and eventually mitigate a portion of his losses.

Not a good strategy for the club and the supporters, but maybe for himself. But if that is what I intended, I wouldn't announce it at a fan forum with 1,000 people, I'd just do it.

You are a flipping cheeky pig. 

5 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Don’t clubs usually have a Chief Exec doing this sort of stuff?

Some do, some don't. Of those that do some do it well most don't. Of those that don't most are usually better placed because they are perceived as being relatively comfortable.

I think DC has woken up to the fact that his coach has gradually lost the confidence of the team and he (Jos) is now sleep walking. DC is merely trying to change direction of the mind set and there is nothing wrong with that, other than if Jos is allowed to pick the team and take the dressing room on Saturday. 

We may know more following the forum on Wednesday night. Chances are we won't because any good work done by DC today would be put asunder were our dirty linen to be washed publicly.

It's difficult I know but all we can do is keep calm and show a little bit more patience.

5 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

We all know what’s coming on Friday 

Chansiri:

”I am not going anywhere or selling the club.

Jos is a very good manager, I spoke with the players on Monday and they all support him. The fans need to back Jos too. He is not going anywhere

The fans are to blame for everything.

Their negativity on social media is not helpful and needs to stop”.

And... mass exodus of Owls supporters 

See you have the Crystal Ball plugged in lol

EITHER

Mr Chansiri talking to the players is 'a bad thing' because he's a tin pot lunatic dictator who has issues with control and needs to micromanage everything and he's made it all worse.

OR

Mr Chansiri talking to the players is 'a good thing' because he's a genuine bloke who has invested a lot of money in a club he likes and wants the club to do well so he needs to understand what's happening and it's been helpful. 

You choose depending on your prejudices because none of us know the truth of it. 

Glad To Help clear things up

lol

26 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

EITHER

Mr Chansiri talking to the players is 'a bad thing' because he's a tin pot lunatic dictator who has issues with control and needs to micromanage everything and he's made it all worse.

OR

Mr Chansiri talking to the players is 'a good thing' because he's a genuine bloke who has invested a lot of money in a club he likes and wants the club to do well so he needs to understand what's happening and it's been helpful. 

You choose depending on your prejudices because none of us know the truth of it. 

Glad To Help clear things up

lol

Hopefully it's the latter.

By meeting the players and guaging their reactions he's probably going to turn to Jos and say :Look this what I've learned and I want you to sort it PDQ otherwise you're out in a couple of weeks"

The risk is he pulls his money out and we do a Sunderland/Charlton

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

chansiri said if we don't go up we are going to get punished either by big fine or points deduction 

No he didn’t, he said we’ll be in trouble. He didn’t say if that would be internal, EFL sanctions or it could just be his interpretation of having to make even more cuts 

This is the one issue that needs clarification at the forum because there’s no way in world we’re going up 

Edited by Ash76

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

We all know what’s coming on Friday 

Chansiri:

”I am not going anywhere or selling the club.

Jos is a very good manager, I spoke with the players on Monday and they all support him. The fans need to back Jos too. He is not going anywhere

The fans are to blame for everything.

Their negativity on social media is not helpful and needs to stop”.

And... mass exodus of Owls supporters 

Yes, this is what really worries me.

Should that happen, then fans should ask for a refund on their tickets.

They may as well, because the club would be going nowhere with Chansiri at the helm.

We're doomed if Jos stays.

• Like 1