Chansiri consulting players

Guest Hirst1867

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I don't know if the league for certain will deduct us 15pts I don't think they even know , chansiri said if we don't go up we are going to get punished either by big fine or points deduction , so if we go down and get punished you do know that means another embargo we probably wont be able to sign anyone for 12 months and will be left with u18,u23 players and 5-6 players what wont be out of contract . so having -15points next season with probably a squad of kids that's why im saying we would drop down to the bottom league . all this could change if we actually had a owner with any idea . mandaric if he was in this position would have fired jos after the Norwich game, implemented a plan with the right manager who could work within a budget , that would involve selling reach for 10 million plus and freshening the squad up ,everyone would be back on side and the club going to right way again. sadly this aint happening. 

BREATHE FFS. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

What a load of old fanny.

We are nowhere near certainties to go down for a start. The big player wages start falling off the payroll this summer. We’ve done enough through p and s to get rid of the embargo, so stuff must be heading in the right direction.

If you want a proper financial mess, take a look at Bolton. They’ve been in a bind for years now, but they are still trading, still playing.

We’ll be fine. Just be patient.

we have a 29 million wage bill totally unsustainable I predicted this figure 2 years ago and was shot down on here ,there will be a lot coming off the wage bill this summer yes , westwood,palmer,pudil, boyd,jones,abdi ,hooper,lee fox easily 7-8 million worth of wages . but still will be a 20million plus wage bill in league 1 which the club just cant afford . the club has to stop up this season and hopefully with a new owner 

why all this supposition ( is that a real word ) hes come and had a meeting with the players none of us know what the outcome is yet but i reckon asking the workers is a good way to start putting things right hopefully jos will go and some of the big earners too but plase not the like of hutch and westy athough i fear it may be too late chasiri isnt just the boss he is the owner so he isnt going to ask us for advice be glad we didnt get bates or charlie cellino lets hope he gets it right this time stuart grey anybody

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we have a 29 million wage bill totally unsustainable I predicted this figure 2 years ago and was shot down on here ,there will be a lot coming off the wage bill this summer yes , westwood,palmer,pudil, boyd,jones,abdi ,hooper,lee fox easily 7-8 million worth of wages . but still will be a 20million plus wage bill in league 1 which the club just cant afford . the club has to stop up this season and hopefully with a new owner 

I'll betcha theres a dam sight more than that off the wage bill come summer. 

And for the love of God, we arnt a league one club. 

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Well I’d say it’s based on 3-4 years of “leadership” up to this point (and yes I do include the much heralded Season 1. Chansiri was making bad business decisions and running people the wrong way even when we were good).

Also, it’s 2018. News gets around quickly. We’re not waiting for the sketch in tomorrow’s copy of the 1800’s gazette. 

Cancels subscription

22 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

So why do you think that? To be precise, what is the evidence that he is not that stupid?

As a businessman, he has to protect his investment even if it's been a disaster so far. He knows that he can blast one person easily but the whole squad is a different story. Yes, he is stubborn and has a lot to learn about the British culture but if he wanted to cut his losses, he could have done that a long ago and sold the club for pennies and proceeded to any other obscure club to play Football Chairman.

I'm only trying to think positive. Yes, a Finn can also be optimistic :tongue: No, I'm not drunk.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Slightly confused how asking for employees’ opinions constitutes terrible leadership tbh.

One minute he’s getting abuse for being a tinpot dictator who wont take advice, then he’s soft for asking the players what they think.

It's the same as the people who last year wanted to youngsters to be given a chance and people like Jones, Boyd and Palmer binned off, only to now say that players like Baker aren't ready, and why have people like Jones and Boyd been frozen out. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I'll betcha theres a dam sight more than that off the wage bill come summer. 

And for the love of God, we arnt a league one club. 

2 years ago you as good as called me a fool for me predicting the wage bill was going to sky rocket .I said it would be 27 million plus ,going up from 18 million .it ended up that its now 29million I wernt wrong was I. I would hope that im badly wrong on what ive put on here tonight,  I saw this trouble coming 2 half years ago . and if there is a dam sight more than 7-8 million coming off the wage bill this summer then you must believe the wage figures that ive put on here,as there on mega money . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

2 years ago you as good as called me a fool for me predicting the wage bill was going to sky rocket .I said it would be 27 million plus ,going up from 18 million .it ended up that its now 29million I wernt wrong was I. I would hope that im badly wrong on what ive put on here tonight,  I saw this trouble coming 2 half years ago . and if there is a dam sight more than 7-8 million coming off the wage bill this summer then you must believe the wage figures that ive put on here,as there on mega money . 

Am sure ive called ya a fool, not denying that, why would i. 

And me saying there'll be more than that off the wage bill owes absolutely nothing to anything you've posted, giving ya self far too much of a compliment there fella. 

20 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

As a businessman, he has to protect his investment even if it's been a disaster so far. He knows that he can blast one person easily but the whole squad is a different story. Yes, he is stubborn and has a lot to learn about the British culture but if he wanted to cut his losses, he could have done that a long ago and sold the club for pennies and proceeded to any other obscure club to play Football Chairman.

I'm only trying to think positive. Yes, a Finn can also be optimistic :tongue: No, I'm not drunk.

In my opinion, his most rational behavior, acting in his own interest, would be to gut the squad in January by selling all playing assets with a positive value, accepting point deductions and relegation (to L1 and maybe eventually to L2), and let the P & S sanctions sort themselves out over a couple years. With time, the current malaise will be forgotten. Hillsborough will be filled with 35,000 enthusiastic supporters on the day we win promotion back to L1. With this strategy, he ought to be able to stop the hemorrhaging of money from his own accounts, and eventually mitigate a portion of his losses.

Not a good strategy for the club and the supporters, but maybe for himself. But if that is what I intended, I wouldn't announce it at a fan forum with 1,000 people, I'd just do it.

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It really isn't though is it.  It goes back years.  "Gi t'shares back" and all that.

2 mildly successful seasons have only massaged our egos and turned us in to even bigger cry babies.  We're going through the same strife that about 60% of teams in this division are/have in the last 5 years.  It goes in 3 year cycles.  We've likely got a couple of tough years to come, but if we keep our heads down and build properly we can be back up the top in a couple of seasons.  

But all you hear from our fans is "I want a squirrel".  Because we're Sheffield Wednesday, and have a divine rite to be in the top division!

I agree about the cycles. I said when Chansiri started his spending approach it would be a 3 years or bust project with the following couple of years looking to balance the books if we didn't succeed. 

I had no problem with that at the time, accepted that the gamble ws worth giving it a go as the previous decade and more of conservativism and scraping by hadn't got us anywhere close. 

The problem I have got is that it has been poorly dealt with despite knowing this was the plan. We gave too many aging players long-term contracts that went beyond that window of possible success and are now in a position where we continue to pay them handsomely but seemingly can't call upon them when needed. The club continued to advertise high prices as a means to continuing the same on-field approach as the first 2 season when behind the scenes the reality was we were about to be put under sanctions that prevented us from spending any more money. 

Against this backdrop we now have a manager that has not settled on his best team or formation 12 months into the job. He is a pragmatic manager who has led us to the worst defensive record in the division with the most open midfield I have known in a long time and I do not know generally what our tactical approach is.

I would say that the above is worth voicing a disconcerted opinion about rather than simply being labeled as big cry babies. 

Guest Hirst1867
2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

But all you hear from our fans is "I want a squirrel".  Because we're Sheffield Wednesday, and have a divine rite to be in the top division!

Amazed that anybody could criticise our long suffering support, some of the best outside the top division, especially based on the 20 years we've been out of it, who pay out so much to follow us, take more away than pretty much every other team, and are consistently praised by opposition clubs and fans.

As being spoilt? Wow.