Chansiri consulting players

Guest Hirst1867

To be honest I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. Chansiri is getting slated whatever he does these days and believe me I disagree or criticise him on quite a few things but he just can’t win (like the team at present!). Some of the things he does such as regular fan forums and now consulting with players (his employees) are the type of thing many of us usually call for more of in football. I get where many people are coming from saying it shows a lack of leadership or weakness and that may be the case but not necessarily. I also like the fact we haven’t got a completely trigger-happy chairman who wants to change manager every 3 weeks, don’t get me wrong though I think we all agree that Jos needs to go urgently now. 

Edited by Owlin' Wolf

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Totally agree.

But the plot being totally lost by the fan base is largely a symptom of the inept running of the club on and off the field at the moment.

It really isn't though is it.  It goes back years.  "Gi t'shares back" and all that.

2 mildly successful seasons have only massaged our egos and turned us in to even bigger cry babies.  We're going through the same strife that about 60% of teams in this division are/have in the last 5 years.  It goes in 3 year cycles.  We've likely got a couple of tough years to come, but if we keep our heads down and build properly we can be back up the top in a couple of seasons.  

But all you hear from our fans is "I want a squirrel".  Because we're Sheffield Wednesday, and have a divine rite to be in the top division!

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I agree....but no-ones gonna say...."I have this agenda"..are they?

I reckon they will all have arguments pro and con

But players talk and the ones that normally have an agenda are the vocal ones! As within any team whether it be a football or a sales team will have a couple of bad eggs. However one thing I do know is these eggs are easy to spot and other team members will always out them when asked. 

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the players stick up for Jos. Reckon they are getting a pi$$ easy ride at the minute. Why would they want a new manager that might actually demand more from them. 

Yeah, I mean just ask Onomah after the weekend...

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

But players talk and the ones that normally have an agenda are the vocal ones! As within any team whether it be a football or a sales team will have a couple of bad eggs. However one thing I do know is these eggs are easy to spot and other team members will always out them when asked. 

Really/....?

Theres no evidence of that actually is there...which team, when etc...

It simply supports your argument...

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It really isn't though is it.  It goes back years.  "Gi t'shares back" and all that.

2 mildly successful seasons have only massaged our egos and turned us in to even bigger cry babies.  We're going through the same strife that about 60% of teams in this division are/have in the last 5 years.  It goes in 3 year cycles.  We've likely got a couple of tough years to come, but if we keep our heads down and build properly we can be back up the top in a couple of seasons.  

But all you hear from our fans is "I want a squirrel".  Because we're Sheffield Wednesday, and have a divine rite to be in the top division!

Up until now, I'd never wanted a squirrel, but now I do! Gonna be a bugger for our lass to wrap one up though. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Guest Hirst1867

Actually think its a VERY smart move

He has a bunch of obviously affected professionals who arent performing for whatever reason

What if its not Jos thats the problem?  What if there is a deeper underlying issue that wouldn't change regardless of who the manager was? The players were the 3rd best team in the division for the latter half of last season - what has changed since then?

It may be the manager. I guess the Chairman has a much better idea of where the problem lies after 90 mins with the players in an open forum.

This could actually be very motivational for the players - the chance to have their views aired and listened to. The Chairman now has to prove to the players that it was 90 worthwhile minutes and that their input will make a difference

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah, I mean just ask Onomah after the weekend...

Im sure there will be more sticking up for him than against him, if a new manager came in the frozen out players might get a fresh chance, although maybe DC is the one saying certain players can’t play!?!

47 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I do ..a bit....

Its like he should actually know...isn't it?

In order to know, you’d expect he’d have to communicate with staff anyway. Whether it be through the CEO or someone else. So as I said, don’t see an issue with this. My only gripe is the time it’s taken - why wait. Should’ve been in a plane back to sort this out 2 or 3 weeks since. 

32 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

It shouldn't matter who's playing.. At the end of the day the club is losing not just the team. Any of the players who do have an agenda need panning out and thrown out of the club. 

Players can see the likes of Westwood Hutchinson etc not being picked even though they are fit.They will be thinking the same as the fans wondering why they aren't playing as these are the experienced players who could lift us and if the only reason they are not playing is because they've had the audacity to question jos,s tactics then DC needs to know this.There's also the pount that a lot of the players are well aware they are surplus to requirements at the end of the season.

People say Chansiri needs to ask for help and take better advise , he does that by asking the players opinions today on what and why it’s going wrong. 

and he still gets hammered, I don’t get it I genuinely don’t 

nothing surprises me about what chansiri does or does next , my nightmare scenario about the club been wound up is more and more likely , certainties to go down , losing 8 more million with relegation and still having 40k a week Rhodes,35k a week fletcher 30k a week forestieri 30k a week bannan on our books next season and so on under an embargo ,way over the 39 million loss over 3 years tell me how we get out of this with chansiri ? I just don't see anyway out of this unless chansiri gets a brain transplant ,the man is totally incompetent . the club on every level has to stay up otherwise its a certain 15 points deduction to start league 1 next season ,an embargo and relaying on our u18 u23 players to try to keep us up next season in league 1 with the points deduction will mean another relegation , this aint doom and gloom its a nightmare what chansiri is creating on his own.  if you don't agree fine ,but tell me how im wrong? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Would any of the players really have felt comfortable criticising Luhukay and his staff knowing that the rest of the squad were listening and there's seemingly no appetite for an urgent change from the chairman?

It would certainly make tomorrow's training session a bit awkward, wouldn't it?

If they had a pair of B**locks they would but that's been the problem all season

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

nothing surprises me about what chansiri does or does next , my nightmare scenario about the club been wound up is more and more likely , certainties to go down , losing 8 more million with relegation and still having 40k a week Rhodes,35k a week fletcher 30k a week forestieri 30k a week bannan on our books next season and so on under an embargo ,way over the 39 million loss over 3 years tell me how we get out of this with chansiri ? I just don't see anyway out of this unless chansiri gets a brain transplant ,the man is totally incompetent . the club on every level has to stay up otherwise its a certain 15 points deduction to start league 1 next season ,an embargo and relaying on our u18 u23 players to try to keep us up next season in league 1 with the points deduction will mean another relegation , this aint doom and gloom its a nightmare what chansiri is creating on his own.  if you don't agree fine ,but tell me how im wrong? 

How do you know any of this? 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

Certainties to go down ?  Bit dramatic 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Certainties to go down ?  Bit dramatic 

Don't worry. 

He just gives posts what the various voices in his head are telling him to do. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 2