Chansiri consulting players

Guest Hirst1867

DC - Right, hands up everybody who thinks JL is a two hat
Players - unanimous show of hands
DC - Right next, hands up everybody who thinks I'm a two hat and have run the club into the ground
Players - unanimous show of hands
DC - OK, so to conclude we have no prombles, except those brought upon us by the fans

Meeting over

• Haha 1

I really did think with the forum being this week Jos would have been sacked to give DC some breathing space. He needs something positive to tell the fans because he will rightly get a hell of a lot of stick and as soon as he hears something he doesn’t like he will threaten to leave and walk out of the forum. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really did think with the forum being this week Jos would have been sacked to give DC some breathing space. He needs something positive to tell the fans because he will rightly get a hell of a lot of stick and as soon as he hears something he doesn’t like he will threaten to leave and walk out of the forum. 

Can't disagree with that.

The non-action over Jos is pretty glaring and mystifying.

Needless to say, I want to hear what he actually has to say...

I think Chansiri enjoys the controversy. 

I'm quite cynical about the reasons he has called the fans forum, and the players meeting for that matter. 

I think he gets a kick out of standing his ground in the face of overwhelming pressure. 

His pride gets a feed. 

Just my take on it. 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Another example of the blokes sheer incompetence . I pray he vanishes before it’s too late . Complete and utter oaf of an owner 

Why is it “ incompetent” as the owner of a business to discuss the promble with the most important members of your staff. It happens every day in business

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Why is it “ incompetent” as the owner of a business to discuss the promble with the most important members of your staff. It happens every day in business

I can just see sheik mansour nipping down for a chat with the man city players. lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think Chansiri enjoys the controversy. 

I'm quite cynical about the reasons he has called the fans forum, and the players meeting for that matter. 

I think he gets a kick out of standing his ground in the face of overwhelming pressure. 

His pride gets a feed. 

Just my take on it. 

I think this too.

The fact is we don’t need a meeting. Football is results based, Chansiri set high expectations and we are not delivering. At any other club Jos would have been sent his marching orders after Blackburn away.

We aren’t getting results. We have conceded the most goals in the league. The performances are dire. The fans are chanting for his head. Forget about a meeting, engage common sense and make a change.

Like I said in an other thread, only two things stopping a change- arrogance or money. I refuse to believe a human being still thinks Jos can turn this around. 

9 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Hopefully it's the latter.

By meeting the players and guaging their reactions he's probably going to turn to Jos and say :Look this what I've learned and I want you to sort it PDQ otherwise you're out in a couple of weeks"

The risk is he pulls his money out and we do a Sunderland/Charlton

If he dose that I am flying to Thiland to have a word

Edited by keepitsteel89

19 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I feel like for everybody who has pointed to the 70’s or Dave Allen in response to “this is worse than it’s ever been” over the last few weeks..

This is kinda the answer as to why.

If this is true (do we have reason to doubt it?), it’s just further evidence the Chairman has NO IDEA what he’s doing. Given the sums of money we have spent, the way the club looks from a business point of view right now.. 

Deeply worrying.

It would be deeply worrying if he didn't talk to the players before making decisions about the managers job,why is it a problem in some people's eyes

6 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

DC - hey Players (most whom have been signed or renewed by the guys that got me to buy the club and are my trusted advisor) what's the problem?

Players - no problem Mr Chairman (I like my overinflated wages (which have put the club in breach of FFP / P&S) most of which I keep and some I share with the guys that got you to buy the club), we've just been unlucky, oh and please do keep chatting to us pre match and in times like these (as we aren't concerned about you undermining club discipline by breaking the chain of command), we really appreciate it.

DC - so your all good with the way your being managed (by the guy brought in by the guys that got me to buy this club)?

Players - Yeah he's great, a bit boring but great.

DC - Hey Hutch and Westy - are you guys happy with things now?

Hutch and Westy -  (look at each other and think we were frozen out completely until the week DC came back because we spoke our minds  about the mismanagement of the club in the past which pissied off DC, and we are out of here by the end of this season) all good, we've just been unlucky.

DC - Our wage bill suggests that we should be in the playoffs and if we don't do well this season I have to stand behind more economic sanctions (I face embarrassment back home because of failure), how do we get out of the situation we are in?

Players - we'll work harder and turn things around.

DC - but what about the fans being so negative?

Players - if we get that win they will be OK.

DC - I'll sort the fans out, you guys start winning.

Meeting ends.

But you left out his main tool to motivate. Withdrawing fry ups for breakfast.

That's what players think of us, club, owner , etc.

They 've written off this season and just need to stay fit for Jan moves or new contracts with other clubs.

DC's deluded.

21 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

Actually it shows joined-up-thinking as far as I'm concerned. What better than to get a gauge of what's going on from people on the shop floor? I doubt many chairman would be open enough to invite other opinions on the matter.

Exactly a ‘just culture’ not a ‘blame culture’ which seems to be the common attitude and rhetoric at the moment in the stands and on social media. Refreshing to hear that Chansiri has took it upon himself to include the players in any decision making.  

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

It would be deeply worrying if he didn't talk to the players before making decisions about the managers job,why is it a problem in some people's eyes

How often do you hear about this happening?

Remember last week when Ed Woodward went to ask Pogba and Lukaku if he should fire Mourinho or not..

..no?

10 hours ago, Morepork said:

I’m betting you are sh!te at Chinese Whispers......

Chinese whispers ??

Thats how we got in this mess

started at one end of the boardroom table as

"Give  me a pill son I've got pain in me nose"

it reached DC as

"Give me ten million I'm buying Jordan Rhodes"

• Haha 1