Jump to content
Lawrie’s Left Peg

Treat us like adults - Simples

Recommended Posts

It's not like we're operating in a highly competitive business environment where the competition will do everything to gain a competitive advantage is it.  It's not like other teams would knowingly put in low bids to unsettle players.

 

And my favourite bit of all this is "we can take bad news".  I'm pretty sure that as a piece of information, that couldn't be much further from the truth.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


26 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It's not like we're operating in a highly competitive business environment where the competition will do everything to gain a competitive advantage is it.  It's not like other teams would knowingly put in low bids to unsettle players.

 

And my favourite bit of all this is "we can take bad news".  I'm pretty sure that as a piece of information, that couldn't be much further from the truth.

Stated with passion but the fact we were under embargo tells everyone we need to generate income so predatory clubs would still try their luck with low bids for our better players. Any player moving between clubs would be capable of sharing wage structures. Agents (Doyen) will know more than can be revealed in accounts (which BTW anyone can request from Companies House). Please don’t be fooled that the veil of secrecy surrounding S6 is in some way to maintain a competitive advantage. 

 

Re being able to take bad news, really not sure where you’re coming from????

David Layne, Tony Kay and Peter Swan received four-month prison sentences for match-fixing; we were c 35m in the red under Richards (when that was a huge debt); we were allegedly 2 days from administration after a winding up order from HMRC. All of this IMO was bad news. The club survived, the fans rallied round and stood by the club in big numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

 

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

 

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

yep we are all big boys and girls:biggrin:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

 

I think it is about the only rational explanation that fits though. If Jos could play our better players he would have done by now or been sacked for being blind to the qualities and experience they could offer. 

 

Not rational at all, there are way too many holes in the theory.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Stated with passion but the fact we were under embargo tells everyone we need to generate income so predatory clubs would still try their luck with low bids for our better players. Any player moving between clubs would be capable of sharing wage structures. Agents (Doyen) will know more than can be revealed in accounts (which BTW anyone can request from Companies House). Please don’t be fooled that the veil of secrecy surrounding S6 is in some way to maintain a competitive advantage. 

 

Re being able to take bad news, really not sure where you’re coming from????

David Layne, Tony Kay and Peter Swan received four-month prison sentences for match-fixing; we were c 35m in the red under Richards (when that was a huge debt); we were allegedly 2 days from administration after a winding up order from HMRC. All of this IMO was bad news. The club survived, the fans rallied round and stood by the club in big numbers. 

 

I agree with both sides of this thread and it is difficult to find a balance between sharing enough to keep your customers (us) engaged whilst not showing too much to your competitors.

 

What is obvious however is that whatever the club are doing now is alienating many and needs to be addressed.

 

It has been proven in many walks of life that if you treat people with contempt this will be returned therefore why should it be any different now. In the examples given above, at times of adversity if we are brought onboard we will move heaven and earth to help. Why wouldn’t DC want to at least try this?

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Maybe there could be other implications, if we announce we're in deep trouble. 

 

Like Forest could bid 500k for Lucas Joao, it gets rejected but he gets face on and goes awol? 

We’ve just come out of a 4 month embargo. The other teams are well aware we don’t have a pot to p1ss in. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

We’ve just come out of a 4 month embargo. The other teams are well aware we don’t have a pot to p1ss in. 

 

Maybe other teams aren't bidding....

 

Because we do have a big pot....we just can't p1ss it away, like we have been doing.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

 

I agree with both sides of this thread and it is difficult to find a balance between sharing enough to keep your customers (us) engaged whilst not showing too much to your competitors.

 

What is obvious however is that whatever the club are doing now is alienating many and needs to be addressed.

 

It has been proven in many walks of life that if you treat people with contempt this will be returned therefore why should it be any different now. In the examples given above, at times of adversity if we are brought onboard we will move heaven and earth to help. Why wouldn’t DC want to at least try this?

Exactly this. Contempt breeds contempt and respect should be mutual. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

We’ve just come out of a 4 month embargo. The other teams are well aware we don’t have a pot to p1ss in. 

Agreed. Time to look at a bigger picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agreed. Time to look at a bigger picture. 

 

Just because we have reached our limits within FFP...

 

Doesn't mean we are skint.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

Just because we have reached our limits within FFP...

 

Doesn't mean we are skint.

Yes it does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Yes it does. 

 

No it doesn't.

 

FFP, P&S etc....have told us to curb it.

 

If we had no money, why would go for expensive loans like Hector and Onomah? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like eating Heinz beans and buy them weekly, are Heinz gonna tell you if they are having financial problems? 

 

Telling the world we’re in the poo will get the sharks circling and unsettle the squad.  

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

If you want to be treated like an adult please never used the word simples :picnic:

 

5578C114-BDFA-4EE4-B205-8AE2D81E5989.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogers said:

If you like eating Heinz beans and buy them weekly, are Heinz gonna tell you if they are having financial problems? 

 

Telling the world we’re in the poo will get the sharks circling and unsettle the squad.  

 

 

 

Everyone in the footballing world that will be having dealings with SWFC will know we are in the sh*t financially. When people are asking for answers I am sure they don’t want every confidential detail and sensitive information.

 

Treat people with respect, don’t insult their intelligence and ask for help when explaining how the fans can play a part in the plan you set out. Past experience shows Wednesdayites will yet again step up to the plate.

Edited by sw1867
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

 

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

 

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe some fans should start acting like adults? Not looking that simple is it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

 

 

Maybe some fans should start acting like adults? Not looking that simple is it?

 

The OP makes a reasoned sensible post and is behaving like an adult. Not sure what you have added to this thread?

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transparency and football fans (generallly) is not a good mix. It’s damned if I do, damned if I don’t for Chansiri when it comes to some. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

 

 

I agree with a lot the OP but not really this.

Sorry I have lost faith in Chansiri ever running the club properly. If we had a vote like Teresa May had recently I vote for no confidence in him.

I know I keep reading his has been badly advised by Doyen and taken for a ride, didn't he do due diligence on them before giving them a lot of money and leaning heavily on them for advice?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...