Treat us like adults - Simples

5 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Yes. I'm not sure the thread title does justice to the deeply sensible discussion it has engendered. 

Hope you weren't personally offended should have added lolOr simply not said it. 

You can see how offended i get by the number of negs i give out.

and to be honest i didnt understand your reply.

Edited by acquiescefc

Think the op makes some very valid points. When the club was in deepshit in those dark days before MM, many of us were prepared to put substantial ( personal) sums into the club to rescue it.  If we we could see a plan we could rally behind I’m sure we would again.  Many of us gave up our shares in the club to allow MM to take over and rebuild the club.

But, and it’s a big but ( and we like big buts) there has to be a plan. Over to you DC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

I understand where you're coming from, but,

"Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S." I don't suppose the club knows exactly where we stand. The EFL have a list of sanctions they can invoke but I doubt they would tell any club upfront what they intend.

"Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high." No business would

publish sensitive information like this. They will only publish the minimum that is required by the tax man and or EFL.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

under no circumstances do dc and chums have to tell us anything-fact

footballs like any other business -fact

do McDonalds have to explain why they downsize the big mac every 12 months

Or where their meat comes from.

WTF:

• Haha 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Think the op makes some very valid points. When the club was in deepshit in those dark days before MM, many of us were prepared to put substantial ( personal) sums into the club to rescue it.  If we we could see a plan we could rally behind I’m sure we would again.  Many of us gave up our shares in the club to allow MM to take over and rebuild the club.

But, and it’s a big but ( and we like big buts) there has to be a plan. Over to you DC.

Exactly this. Giving up shares and the dividend and perks they brought is a really good example of how the “family” that DC references will work for the greater good if we can see what that is i.e. a plan

24 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Wondered why I was losing weight :tango:

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I don't suppose the club knows exactly where we stand. The EFL have a list of sanctions they can invoke but I doubt they would tell any club upfront what they intend. This is fair comment. However from a purely financial viewpoint we are obliged to share with the EFL 2 years accounts and a projection for the current season. We don’t know the sanction but we do know the status No business would

publish sensitive information like this. They will only publish the minimum that is required by the tax man and or EFL. All publicly listed companies are legally required to publish accounts. As a privately owned company, SWFC are not required to do so but having such information in the public domain is not necessarily harmful

46 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

Businesses  do not tell the opposition the basis of their contracts the financial position  of the club are commercially  sensitive

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Businesses  do not tell the opposition the basis of their contracts the financial position  of the club are commercially  sensitive

Agreed to a point. All plc have to publish accounts by law. Therefore some businesses have no choice. SWFC is in private ownership so is not obliged to publish. To be fair it can’t be beyond the wit of man to for our board to make a clearer statement as to the impact and resulting actions resulting from EFL P&S trouble without revealing sensitive info ?

13 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

All publicly listed companies are legally required to publish accounts. As a privately owned company, SWFC are not required to do so but having such information in the public domain is not necessarily harmful

SWFC do publish their accounts once a year as required, but they are not required to publish spreadsheets showing all aspects of profit and loss, only the bottom line as it were.

To do so would be counter productive to the financial well being of any business.

50 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

They made the big Mc smaller I just thought I was getting more hungry so buying two burgers with my happy meal, :picnic:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Maybe there could be other implications, if we announce we're in deep trouble. 

Like Forest could bid 500k for Lucas Joao, it gets rejected but he gets face on and goes awol? 

Precisely this. 

Baffles me how many of our fans can't get their heads round this.

• Like 1

The OP is right and in fairness I think that is what everyone needs. Said it in a much calmer way than I have expressed of late. 

I could do with a break from tying myself in knots trying to work out what is happening. I think everyone is highly unsettled by what has gone off this season.

Like a failing marriage. No trust, no communication and ultimately expensive. 

• Haha 1

In all seriousness under DC it is different because 95% of the fan base can see where he is going wrong, but the club blindly blunder on without a clue of what they are doing. Under Allen we knew he had no money, he though he knew everything then when other came out and said where he was failing he took them to court.

The simple facts that we all know If something does not chance on the management of the team will be relegated, bar Fessi and Reach scoring the goals to keep us in the division but due to the silly contract given out to players not playing due to what ever reason or injury we have something like £200,000 a week in players costing the club but not playing. 

The club is losing millions every month because they have alienate their main customers by offering a product at an over prices amount, they forget the division we are in, the region of the world and country we are in and also the product on view all should be factored into the price we pay for everything, but this seems to be ignored by the club and we are paying prices of a top flight team playing in Europe every season something we are definitely not. 

A Skoda and a Ferrari both do the same job but you wouldn't expect to pay a £100,000 to buy a Skoda. Until the club realise that our marketing department or who ever is setting the pricing structure needs to wake up. The cost and over pirced nature is a lot of the problem at the club.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

This is exactly the problem, there is no evidence to suggest that contractual issues are stopping players playing either this or last season and the club has said it isn't an issue yet I must see it mentioned on social media virtually everyday as fact.

I think it is about the only rational explanation that fits though. If Jos could play our better players he would have done by now or been sacked for being blind to the qualities and experience they could offer. 

34 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agreed to a point. All plc have to publish accounts by law. Therefore some businesses have no choice. SWFC is in private ownership so is not obliged to publish. To be fair it can’t be beyond the wit of man to for our board to make a clearer statement as to the impact and resulting actions resulting from EFL P&S trouble without revealing sensitive info ?

All Ltd companies publish accounts but you would be lucky to find out anything from them

34 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Precisely this. 

Baffles me how many of our fans can't get their heads round this.

Fair point but it’s a little naive that other clubs wouldn’t be aware that we were in P&S trouble given that we were under embargo. Also if a club bid for Jaoa (or anyone else) I’m sure their agent would be aware and actually more likely to create friction. Football’s an incestuous business where rules are easily bent