Treat us like adults - Simples

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Surely by opening up to the fan base about the range and depth of issues we face, the club could make massive strides to repair the damage done. 

Just tell us how much trouble we are in with FFP and P&S. Explain what steps we need to take, what the implications are and what the long term plan is. We can cope with bad news. It’s part of being an owl.

Give a clear statement about the availability of senior pros. If we cannot afford to select them for financial reasons then just say so. We can deal with bad news. 

If it is the manager’s strategy to focus on youth and his choice to omit certain individuals and he is supported by the clubs hierarchy then make it clear. We can appreciate that there are different opinions on how to build a successful club but we are entitled to show our displeasure if results are poor. 

Publish and summarise the clubs balance sheet showing how income generated from gate receipts and ST sales are offset by the clubs operating costs so that we can see in black & white why prices are so high.

Own up to the fact that we gambled on the Premier League and it didn’t pay off and now we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can appreciate that DC is new to football and bound to make mistakes. Instead of veiled threats DC should confirm his commitment to creating a successful club as his legacy. We can get behind him if we can believe he has the clubs interests at heart. 

No supporter wants to see our club careering towards financial ruin. The vast majority wouldn’t trade short term gain for long term pain. Most will support the club through thick and thin and galvanise behind a common goal if we understand what must be done. The supporters can be the clubs biggest asset in getting through these challenging times if the club would just trust us and let us contribute.  

I understand what you are saying and I can agree to an extent but would you trust 'us' to act like adults? Its nutjob central sometimes on here either because of nutjob posts or sensible people chuffing about. 

I think they should say nothing which is actually less than they do say at times.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I understand what you are saying and I can agree to an extent but would you trust 'us' to act like adults? Its nutjob central sometimes on here either because of nutjob posts or sensible people chuffing about. 

I think they should say nothing which is actually less than they do say at times.

For sure it’s nutjob central on Owlstalk but on a wider basis Wednesday fans have proven over the years to be loyal and knowledgeable. The club came through the scandalous and negligent mismanagement of Richards and Alan and we can get through this too. 

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

The problem is even if they tell you the truth, how will you know it's the truth? People will still react badly if the truth doesn't fit what they want to hear. 

Amen to that. Facts and figures help. For me the silence from the hierarchy which leaves a vacuum which is then filled with rumour and conspiracy theories is a greater evil  than the scepticism of doubters

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Amen to that. Facts and figures help. For me the silence from the hierarchy which leaves a vacuum which is then filled with rumour and conspiracy theories is a greater evil  than the scepticism of doubters

OK. I'm alongside people being clear and open but I do think there's probably some stuff we just can't know for reasons of legality and business sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

under no circumstances do dc and chums have to tell us anything-fact

footballs like any other business -fact

do McDonalds have to explain why they downsize the big mac every 12 months

You’re absolutely right. They don’t have to and McDonalds are a very successful business. However there are many other examples of successful businesses who engage and consult with key stakeholders (in this case the fans) and embark on a journey together. 

2 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

are we nearly there yet

No offence but right on cue, nutjob post from sensible poster chuffing about. I rest my case your honour. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

The problem is even if they tell you the truth, how will you know it's the truth? People will still react badly if the truth doesn't fit what they want to hear. 

This is exactly the problem, there is no evidence to suggest that contractual issues are stopping players playing either this or last season and the club has said it isn't an issue yet I must see it mentioned on social media virtually everyday as fact.

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

When im asked to be talked to like an adult i always end the sentence with 'Simples'.

Yes. I'm not sure the thread title does justice to the deeply sensible discussion it has engendered. 

Hope you weren't personally offended should have added lolOr simply not said it.