just nicked from FB how true don't know , i'm just the messenger

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Nixon saying he asked the players their opinion on the staff? This is lunacy?! A chairman asking players about the manager! How inept can this bloke be. 

Not sure I buy into that .... why shouldn’t he ask the players opinions 

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Oh look. Paxo stood  with Chansiri

Old photo not from any actual meeting though.

"The Star understands" ........................................from twitter....................and facebook...........................and Owlstalk.

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Nixon saying he asked the players their opinion on the staff? This is lunacy?! A chairman asking players about the manager! How inept can this bloke be. 

It happens in all walks of life that does, I don't read to much into that! 

Saying that I hope they gave there honest opinion and did say the root cause was Jos

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Not sure I buy into that .... why shouldn’t he ask the players opinions 

Because they are football players! Might be old fashioned but shouldn’t the manager be deciding if players aren’t good enough rather than players deciding a manager isn’t 

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Thats a strange opinion (in my opinion), I sometimes ask my staff their opinions on other members of staff - why would you see that as being inept?

Dc is announcing the arrival of 5 new defenders in January, 5 Thai golden elephants, We need more mobility than the existing defenders and they won't get drawn out of position. In future it will be 5 across the back, all on the goal line. If we block 90% of the goal we should reduce goals against by 90%.

You can laugh but it might work, got to be better than the current system.:Chansiri:

7 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I have often asked my staff their opinions on management, it's normal practice in a lot of businesses.

3 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

TBF these randomers told you and the rest of owlstalk and twitter before the local rag. Typical Sheff Star suddenly has a story to publish.

It’s a terrible article , poor bit of journalism 

DC getting pelters for holding a meeting with his under-performing players to try and see how they feel about a situation is one of the stranger things I've seen on here.

For all the things he's done wrong, how anyone can view this as anything other than "the right thing to do" is weird. Owners of businesses meet members of staff to get a gauge on things. That's smart ownership. You can criticise DC for an awful freakin' lot, but this is some seriously warped logic from the mob brigade getting their pitchforks out over this. And this is coming from the bloke that's usually holding the lighter. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Why not?

I’d rather he consulted all areas to identify the root cause. 

Nixon can sod off with his “unusual” comment. I’d imagine chairman up and down the country have all manner of meetings with club staff. Naive to think they simply sit in a room and wait for news to come to them, especially at swfc where there isn’t a layer of directors between chairman and staff. 

Edited by bigdan2003