The lowest we've ever been

As it stands, we are slipping into a relegation battle, the worst position we have been in since the Chansiri takeover.

I have also seen a lot of threads and comments discussing how terrible our situation is now.

As I am quite young, I want to know is this really is our worst period as fans or have we been through a lot worse. 

18 minutes ago, B&W Owl said:

As it stands, we are slipping into a relegation battle, the worst position we have been in since the Chansiri takeover.

I have also seen a lot of threads and comments discussing how terrible our situation is now.

As I am quite young, I want to know is this really is our worst period as fans or have we been through a lot worse. 

How old are you? I m assuming from your post you are older than 6 as in 2012 we were in league 1 with a far inferior team.

Yes it isnt great now but christ I remember those days and the previous time spent in the "pub league". 

Absolutely nowhere near as bad as that at the moment but Jos needs to go and go now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, B&W Owl said:

you wouldnt have liked the 70s kid lol

• Haha 2

Guest Jack the Hat

1975-1978 was all worst than this. And about 14 of the 18 seasons since we were relegated in 2000 were all worse than this. Aside from 1 season when we had a run under macauley and Laws, Grays final season before the takeover and the first 2 seasons under CC - EVERY season since 2000 has either been a relegation battle or time spent in league 1.

Technically we were worse in the 70s but I still remember the (ultimately) justified faith that our fan base would enable us to get back in the bi time. 

The Premier TV money has complicated all that because what you need is to be well run and minted to make it there. We have recently been minted but no one can say we have been well run. That’s why I hope no one is rude to DC when the mystery forum actually happens, but I do hope some folk now their heads and in stencilled calm and collected tones say: Mr C - who the blazes has been advising you cos hanging is too good for em”

2 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

Pretty sure 2004 was our lowest ever finish? 

16th in thr third tier, not long after being relegated from the Prem and with the piggies doing well - it was a terrible time

Think that was 2nd lowest finish.

They was a season in mid 70s (75-76 I think without looking it up)

Where Wednesday won last game of season v Southend to finish 1 place above relegation in old Division 3.

25 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

How old are you? I m assuming from your post you are older than 6 as in 2012 we were in league 1 with a far inferior team.

Yes it isnt great now but christ I remember those days and the previous time spent in the "pub league". 

Absolutely nowhere near as bad as that at the moment but Jos needs to go and go now.

Exactly. Glad to see there are still some sane people left on here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B&W Owl said:

For me it was the 1970's that was really really bad where attendances at one point fell to around 7,500 and where we had to beat Southend United in 1975/1976 to stay in the old third division on the last day. :tango:

Like I said in another thread most of the "problems" of the past were down to a lack of investment in the team, the problems at the moment are much harder to solve, I can't remember a time in my 40yrs of support when a large number of season ticket holders are not even bothering to go to games, its a real mess.

Edited by toppOwl

9 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Meet Dave AllenThat’s all that needs to be said

10ECC6F8-BF4D-42F7-B042-D050175510EE.jpeg

Yes you CRETINS - Remember Dave...  What a pillock...  Oh and 1976 was a pretty horrendous season...... Oh and 1974 (8-0 thrashing by Boro comes to mind)...  However we did get to see the amazing Pele in 72 which still sticks in my head as a great memory of the 70's.......