Fans Forum Cancelled

Guest addedtime
34 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Might as well hold it in Grenoside Woods as HE will be installed at the forum and will want to get the players up to speed straight away. Saves time. 

garymegson

Abso bloody lutely

3 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Because a venue that was due to hold a fans forum has cancelled because of comments about the club on social media. Never heard of that before at any other club. Our club has gone down hill so far that the venue are worried grown men won’t be able to control themselves in a room with club officials. What is ok about that?

The club is willing to meet fans to discuss anything that the fans want to discuss

The venue have cancelled due to comments made by supporters on social media

Who should be more embarrassed? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Theres absolutely no way South Yorkshire police would not or could not attent and supervise this planned event. Feels more like the club rang them up and asked them to cancel it, it wouldn't surprise me.

Please make it stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

If that’s the case I’d totally understand, but then saying it’s because the fans on social media is bang out of order.

But it’s the university saying it’s because of the fans on social media ... and there not exactly wrong to be concerned if you was an outsider looking in on the SWFC hashtag are they ? 

It’s not necessarily comments about violence or abuse. There have been tweets by pig fans claiming they have tickets to this event. 

Whatever the reasons im sure the University feel it’s a risk. Ultimately they’re a business as well and want to make money from people holding events in their venues, so I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision. 

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

The club is willing to meet fans to discuss anything that the fans want to discuss

The venue have cancelled due to comments made by supporters on social media

Who should be more embarrassed? 

Exactly. Makes no odds if it’s ‘a minority’ - of course it is, but end of the day, this is why we can’t have nice things.

38 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Words fail me at the incompetence. Pissups and breweries again spring to mind. 

Why? Not the clubs fault at all. Why not blame some of our more Neanderthal supporters who would not be able to have a reasoned debate without losing it.

No need to have a dig at the club, maybe we they can pin the brexit debacle on us as well.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

If that’s the case I’d totally understand, but then saying it’s because the fans on social media is bang out of order.

If individuals threaten violence or unruly behaviour the University has to balance profit from event against potential costs. If this came from comments they read they are just telling truth. 

The club probably have something big to announce events may have impacted this and need to buy time so have not offered to help with extra costs hence cancellation.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

But it’s the university saying it’s because of the fans on social media ... and there not exactly wrong to be concerned if you was an outsider looking in on the SWFC hashtag are they ? 

No you miss my point, it IS because of the reasons given. I’m saying it’d be utterly ridiculous if the “real reason” was anything else. But some will find a conspiracy anywhere.