Fans Forum Cancelled

Guest Theboylangers
37 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Yes far more important 

A funeral if I'm not mistaken. Or a wake to be more precise. 

Edited by Theboylangers

DC "Hello is that Professor Mc Whatever of Geology at Sheffield University"

Prof.."Yes this is he"

DC ."I know little of geology, but I'm cancelling the Wednesday fans meeting on the 20th"

Prof "well this sort of leaves me between a rock and a hard place"

DC,,"I knew you would understand.............................................

• Haha 2

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Prof.."Yes this is he"

DC ."I know little of geology, but I'm cancelling the Wednesday fans meeting on the 20th"

That good, thought I'd quartz you again !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Most sensible comment in the thread by miles.

My thanks.

I have another sensible comment to add - this forum being cancelled does more good than bad.   The fact it was cancelled not by the club does even more favours - and it wasn't the club, it was the university running scared of the numbers attending and the fact they would be far more vociferous than your average "know nowt" student.  

The club is not in the wrong here, and maybe neither is the University, because lets be honest some of those 1k people attending will be tanked up prats just wanting a fight, as that is what they associate supporting SWFC with.   Getting drunk and having a ruck.

The best thing the club can do, and the best thing any decent fan right now can do is to slow hand things.    Nowt is happening this side of Christmas, even though we know it should and this fans forum is going to be nothing but an absolute farce that brings the club and fans further apart, which is not what we want or need right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

My thanks.

I have another sensible comment to add - this forum being cancelled does more good than bad.   The fact it was cancelled not by the club does even more favours - and it wasn't the club, it was the university running scared of the numbers attending and the fact they would be far more vociferous than your average "know nowt" student.  

The club is not in the wrong here, and maybe neither is the University, because lets be honest some of those 1k people attending will be tanked up prats just wanting a fight, as that is what they associate supporting SWFC with.   Getting drunk and having a ruck.

The best thing the club can do, and the best thing any decent fan right now can do is to slow hand things.    Nowt is happening this side of Christmas, even though we know it should and this fans forum is going to be nothing but an absolute farce that brings the club and fans further apart, which is not what we want or need right now.

I feel its impossible for the club to be any more detached from the supporters than it is now. 

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I hope @Theboylangers is joking. 

Your comment is funny.

I'm not joking. But I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a wake that day for one of our biggest fans. Like I said, happy to be corrected on this. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I feel its impossible for the club to be any more detached from the supporters than it is now. 

It can get worse, it has been worse - but yet I agree things are terrible right now.

Things need to move forwards, and not in the other direction which is why I am at pains to say this is not the clubs fault.     I do think they should have kept it to capacity available at Hillsborough, but that's my personal viewpoint and I can understand why it may have been thought a good decision to open this up to more.

This is a double sided sword and cannot be fixed by one side alone, so the club and fans need to start talking.

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Prof.."Yes this is he"

8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

That good, thought I'd quartz you again !

You should both be slated

• Haha 4