Fans Forum Cancelled

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You know, things might be a little bit more chilled out if he sacked :luhukay:

Call it a hunch. 

He's obviously not planning on sacking Jos.

I can imagine the phone call:

Sheffield University: We are aware that fans really aren't happy after another defeat last night and there is talk of protests over the Manager on Thursday. Will Jos be attending the forum?

SWFC: The Manager has been dealt a bad hand and we're planning on sticking by him until the end of the season.

:CEO:

Sheffield University: OK then. We'll get back to you on security arrangements for the event.

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

OK, emotions aside, it's the fact that nobody at the club was able to tell that the fans aren't happy or discuss that possibility with a venue when reserving it. 

Im not someone who is screaming for blood, I'm someone who wants to know what the plan is. This is more evidence that we have more burying heads in the sand. 

You just keep digging don't you.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The university need to give their heads a wobble if they can’t handle a thousand blokes telling each other to give their heads a wobble.

Their head has been trying to get it cancelled almost from the announcement it had been booked.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Why?

Because a venue that was due to hold a fans forum has cancelled because of comments about the club on social media. Never heard of that before at any other club. Our club has gone down hill so far that the venue are worried grown men won’t be able to control themselves in a room with club officials. What is ok about that?

In some ways think this is for best. It has become clear he can not get Bruce (first choice to replace Luhukay) before New Year. Probably realises we do not have a realistic caretaker manager handy and wants changeover to be as quick as possible. They probably asked for extra funding for stewards when refused its off. Announcement of date will be made which allows new man to be in place.

Nothing will be achieved by a slanging match.

6 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

OK, emotions aside, it's the fact that nobody at the club was able to tell that the fans aren't happy or discuss that possibility with a venue when reserving it. 

Im not someone who is screaming for blood, I'm someone who wants to know what the plan is. This is more evidence that we have more burying heads in the sand. 

Basically the Uni has looked on here and other places and thought "f**k that they're all batshit cuckoo" myself included..

I aint excusing the club, we're a mess from top to bottom,  just on this occasion it simply wasn't down to them

and rightly so :biggrin:

Edited by steveger
  • Like 1

Just now, Quist said:

In some ways think this is for best. It has become clear he can not get Bruce (first choice to replace Luhukay) before New Year. Probably realises we do not have a realistic caretaker manager handy and wants changeover to be as quick as possible. They probably asked for extra funding for stewards when refused its off. Announcement of date will be made which allows new man to be in place.

Nothing will be achieved by a slanging match.

If that’s the case I’d totally understand, but then saying it’s because the fans on social media is bang out of order.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

DC will be pleased. So I can imagine Jos isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

Who forced DC to organise the forum in the first place then ??

Just now, keepitsteel89 said:

Theres absolutely no way South Yorkshire police would not or could not attent and supervise this planned event. Feels more like the club rang them up and asked them to cancel it, it wouldn't surprise me.

And what then ? Paid the university to make a false statement ?