Fans Forum Cancelled

1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire. 

But ya didn't say that did ya ?

"My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers." 

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Who cancelled ?

Venue cancelled - but why cant we do this at our own home? - - why have we sold nearly 3 times the amount we normally would have sold for this for a reason? Why do this when we are so dire?

Amount of tickets sold is beyond stupid for a forum. 

4 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Why have they issued 1K tickets though?? Usually we limit this 

This is far too many people - demand or not it will be severely bad news for 1,000 fans to hear how were up the creek and hes not sacking Jos. Either this or he has investment or something positive to bring to light. 

I would guess that previous criticism vis-a-vis limited tickets to a select audience and on a predetermined agenda has been fed back to the club hierarchy thus they were determined to extend the numbers so the tickets are freely available and announce that no topic is deemed inadmissible?

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire. 

Again, you’re overthinking it.

The numbers are purely to front as many people as possible, in person, and try to get them back onside. Nothing more, nothing less.

Venue cancelled - but why cant we do this at our own home? - - why have we sold nearly 3 times the amount we normally would have sold for this for a reason? Why do this when we are so dire?

Do you actually read anything posted as regards why 1,000 people ?

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Again, you’re overthinking it.

The numbers are purely to front as many people as possible, in person, and try to get them back onside. Nothing more, nothing less.

Possibly, 

But if you think he has no news and is trying to get us back onside it shows how bad his advisors are. 

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Do you actually read anything posted as regards why 1,000 people ?

Yes - still not a forum is it. Or it will not end up being a forum. 

Too many people for each demographic to be represented properly. 

Not happened like this before.

1000 people with zero news shows how poor DC is. If he has news however...... different story. 

Do you honestly believe this will be constructive?

1000 people with zero news shows how poor DC is. If he has news however...... different story. 

Wtf are you on about,people in a room fronting the chairman is a forum,just because you don't think it is.

We'll only know if it'll be constructive when its held,jeeeeeeees man chill.

DC wishes to confront the fans who have been criticising him.  I predict that if it happens he will rant on for a bit and possibly threaten to leave.  I think it will be a disaster because he has not idea how football fans feel and has zero leadership or communications skills.

3 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Have you ever heard of the principle of Occam’s Razor?

Just now, SouthernOwl24 said:

Teachers struggle to control 30 students -- what makes you think 1 person can control 1000 angry fans when answers to questions go downhill... ill advised or good news announcement -  hardly overthinking. 

Good grief man,as if there's only gunna be one man/person.

12 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Do you not think if he could hold it at Hillsborough to suit demand he would do so ?   Think about what your saying man , he organised a forum , the demand was big so he’s sought out a bigger venue to satisfy demand 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’d save your energy mate, it won’t sink in 

Chansiri talked the Uni into cancelling it cus he doesn’t want to talk to the fans,  but strangely organised the thing in the first place 

Ahhh, there is somebody out there who believes in the owner. Good luck to you mate.

:Pelupessy:

58 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

The fans forum at the Octagon was 100% cancelled by the Uni.

Sheffield SU is being closely watched by police/licensing at the moment after a riot at a boxing match in the Octagon (some of that by known football hooligans) and some drugs issues in the Foundry (a girl died there after taking drugs), amongst some other issues - at one point they were close to losing their license for those facilities completely.

They are exteremly twitchy about the slightest hint of any trouble. As soon as people started posting “there’ll be a riot!” on Twitter about our fans forum, tongue-in-cheek or not (they could never know that),  it had to go into the risk assessments... and once it is in there they have no plausible excuse if a riot does break out.

Couple that with security staffing being stretched due to many Christmas events and they felt they had to pull the plug.

Frankly, I was surprised they took the booking in the first place.

The SU Security are terrified of any sort of confrontation. Every so often a small group of those cheeky scamp "right on" students occupy a lecture theatre for some protest or another for days on end. The Uni response is to leave them alone and disrupt all other lectures in that building by cancelling or relocating them, they even stand and watch whilst these people go out to get food or go to the toilet and let them go back into the occupied room afterwards. Eventually they get bored and leave of their own accord (or when mummy tells them to not be so stupid and get back to their classes) after several days leaving the room a stinking mess.

If it was me I'd have them out in just a few hours by turning off the power, wifi and heating. Or releasing a hungry leopard into the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t see much point in a fans forum anyway, whatever he says won’t be good for some people. If people just want to sound off, which is the case and I know several likely candidates, they just will using other various methods but at the end of the day it won’t change our situation. Maybe a better solution would be to bend the ear of the league and the FA