Jump to content


s6 owl

Fans Forum Cancelled

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair DC is wholly consistent.

 

Expect press statements today blaming the fans and social media to deflect from the disarray at the club.

Well this is it -- its madness. 

 

We cant sing 'Jos out' as it deosnt help team - - we cant tweet this either or post this on social media as its comes across as violent etc. Massive dictatorship and were all paying £40 odd a game to pretend to enjoy it. 

 

Fans are angry and the club is not listening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Before announcing cancellation you would assume the timing of this forum could only have meant;

A) We were replacing Jos

B) We had new investment. 

 

As we have not sacked/ replaced Jos it could have only meant, surely, we have new investment. What imbecile would organise a 'forum' with 1,000 fans for him to announce more bad news? It would have been a battering.

 

I dont believe 1,000 fans is a forum as I doubt questions would be asked and answered correctly anyway. It should be around 150 fans maximum picked from all demographics, young, old, st holder, POTG, members etc etc to provide a fair representation on viewpoints. 

 

Now this has been cancelled -- why can we not ask the first 150+ people who applied to join at late notice at Hillsborough. 

 

Dont blame fans social media posts -- its pathetic and an excuse.

 

My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers. 

 

Your reading far too much into things on almost every point. 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

Your reading far too much into things on almost every point. 

Do you think its strange to increase amount of fans at a fans forum when on previous few we have had/allowed less than half these numbers? 

 

There is either an announcement and he wants to bring back good feeling. Or he is an idiot and been completely ill advised as a child could work out that unless you have good news this is a bad idea. There is no in between with this. 

 

Maybe the venue are being cautious - - but then why not organise a smaller forum which can be organised at our own home. 

Edited by SouthernOwl24
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Do you think its strange to increase amount of fans at a fans forum when on previous few we have had/allowed less than half these numbers? 

 

There is either an announcement and he wants to bring back good feeling. Or he is an idiot and been completely ill advised as a child could work out that unless you have good news this is a bad idea. There is no in between with this. 

 

Maybe the venue are being cautious - - but then why not organise a smaller forum which can be organised at our own home. 

Maybe because they’ve already issued a thousand tickets for the event. Can you imagine the reaction 

if they told seven hundred and fifty they couldn’t go? But you know that and are just using this to have another go at the club. Referring to the guy who has pumped around 100m into the club an imbecile is highly disrespectful. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Do you think its strange to increase amount of fans at a fans forum when on previous few we have had/allowed less than half these numbers? 

 

There is either an announcement and he wants to bring back good feeling. Or he is an idiot and been completely ill advised as a child could work out that unless you have good news this is a bad idea. There is no in between with this. 

 

Maybe the venue are being cautious - - but then why not organise a smaller forum which can be organised at our own home. 

 

There’s absolutely no announcement. That is entirely your imagination. The numbers increase is just to try and get as many people as possible in due to demand. I’ll advised? In my opinion, yes.

 

Personally, I don’t see how this can’t be done utilising social media (Facebook live, YouTube live, etc) as modern technology allows and people come to expect nowadays. That should have been the option from the start, or at least when demand was so high, they should have kept it to the original room and said they would stream it for those who missed out on tickets (can even answer some questions from the stream comments).

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Maybe because they’ve already issued a thousand tickets for the event. Can you imagine the reaction 

if they told seven hundred and fifty they couldn’t go? But you know that and are just using this to have another go at the club. Referring to the guy who has pumped around 100m into the club an imbecile is highly disrespectful. 

Why have they issued 1K tickets though?? Usually we limit this 

 

This is far too many people - demand or not it will be severely bad news for 1,000 fans to hear how were up the creek and hes not sacking Jos. Either this or he has investment or something positive to bring to light. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Before announcing cancellation you would assume the timing of this forum could only have meant;

A) We were replacing Jos

B) We had new investment. 

 

As we have not sacked/ replaced Jos it could have only meant, surely, we have new investment. What imbecile would organise a 'forum' with 1,000 fans for him to announce more bad news? It would have been a battering.

 

I dont believe 1,000 fans is a forum as I doubt questions would be asked and answered correctly anyway. It should be around 150 fans maximum picked from all demographics, young, old, st holder, POTG, members etc etc to provide a fair representation on viewpoints. 

 

Now this has been cancelled -- why can we not ask the first 150+ people who applied to join at late notice at Hillsborough. 

 

Dont blame fans social media posts -- its pathetic and an excuse.

 

My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers. 

Who cancelled ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

There’s absolutely no announcement. That is entirely your imagination. The numbers increase is just to try and get as many people as possible in due to demand. I’ll advised? In my opinion, yes.

 

Personally, I don’t see how this can’t be done utilising social media (Facebook live, YouTube live, etc) as modern technology allows and people come to expect nowadays. That should have been the option from the start, or at least when demand was so high, they should have kept it to the original room and said they would stream it for those who missed out on tickets (can even answer some questions from the stream comments).

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire. 

 

But ya didn't say that did ya ?

 

"My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Who cancelled ?

Venue cancelled - but why cant we do this at our own home? - - why have we sold nearly 3 times the amount we normally would have sold for this for a reason? Why do this when we are so dire?

 

Amount of tickets sold is beyond stupid for a forum. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Why have they issued 1K tickets though?? Usually we limit this 

 

This is far too many people - demand or not it will be severely bad news for 1,000 fans to hear how were up the creek and hes not sacking Jos. Either this or he has investment or something positive to bring to light. 

 

 

I would guess that previous criticism vis-a-vis limited tickets to a select audience and on a predetermined agenda has been fed back to the club hierarchy thus they were determined to extend the numbers so the tickets are freely available and announce that no topic is deemed inadmissible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire. 

 

Again, you’re overthinking it.

 

The numbers are purely to front as many people as possible, in person, and try to get them back onside. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Venue cancelled - but why cant we do this at our own home? - - why have we sold nearly 3 times the amount we normally would have sold for this for a reason? Why do this when we are so dire?

 

Amount of tickets sold is beyond stupid for a forum. 

 

 

 

 

Do you actually read anything posted as regards why 1,000 people ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

Again, you’re overthinking it.

 

The numbers are purely to front as many people as possible, in person, and try to get them back onside. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 

Possibly, 

 

But if you think he has no news and is trying to get us back onside it shows how bad his advisors are. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernOwl24 said:

Possibly, 

 

But if you think he has no news and is trying to get us back onside it shows how bad his advisors are. 

Fans want answers,chairman announces forum for questions to be asked and answered,wtf have his advisors got to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Do you actually read anything posted as regards why 1,000 people ?

Yes - still not a forum is it. Or it will not end up being a forum. 

Too many people for each demographic to be represented properly. 

 

Not happened like this before.

 

1000 people with zero news shows how poor DC is. If he has news however...... different story. 

 

Do you honestly believe this will be constructive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teachers struggle to control 30 students -- what makes you think 1 person can control 1000 angry fans when answers to questions go downhill... ill advised or good news announcement -  hardly overthinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Yes - still not a forum is it. Or it will not end up being a forum. 

Too many people for each demographic to be represented properly. 

 

Not happened like this before.

 

1000 people with zero news shows how poor DC is. If he has news however...... different story. 

 

Do you honestly believe this will be constructive?

Wtf are you on about,people in a room fronting the chairman is a forum,just because you don't think it is.

We'll only know if it'll be constructive when its held,jeeeeeeees man chill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC wishes to confront the fans who have been criticising him.  I predict that if it happens he will rant on for a bit and possibly threaten to leave.  I think it will be a disaster because he has not idea how football fans feel and has zero leadership or communications skills.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×