Fans Forum Cancelled

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would presume the security would be provided by the club anyway.

In answer to your question .............................nothing really..................................just the same as the rest of us, sensational press reports and hearsay. :rolleyes:

I actually don't see the point of the meeting whilst the club is in this mess. A public statement, with a plan, would be a start. He knows he has to get shut of the coach, whilst ever that remains an issue, he's on the back foot.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I actually don't see the point of the meeting whilst the club is in this mess. A public statement, with a plan, would be a start. He knows he has to get shut of the coach, whilst ever that remains an issue, he's on the back foot.

He's supposed to be arriving back in the country today so we may hear something soon.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

He's supposed to be arriving back in the country today so we may hear something soon.

We seek him here,we seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere!
Is he in heaven? Is he in hell?
Where is that damn elusive Pimpernel! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, N0rtherner said:

Mod should update this thread's title because the venue has cancelled the booking, but the club is still looking for somewhere to host the fan's forum.

So officially the club has not cancelled the forum, which you'd be led to believe by this topic.

I’d save your energy mate, it won’t sink in 

Chansiri talked the Uni into cancelling it cus he doesn’t want to talk to the fans,  but strangely organised the thing in the first place 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Chansiri talked the Uni into cancelling it cus he doesn’t want to talk to the fans,  but strangely organised the thing in the first place 

My... you must live such an exciting life with all those crazy conspiracies you are able to make up in your head!lol

The fans forum at the Octagon was 100% cancelled by the Uni.

Sheffield SU is being closely watched by police/licensing at the moment after a riot at a boxing match in the Octagon (some of that by known football hooligans) and some drugs issues in the Foundry (a girl died there after taking drugs), amongst some other issues - at one point they were close to losing their license for those facilities completely.

They are exteremly twitchy about the slightest hint of any trouble. As soon as people started posting “there’ll be a riot!” on Twitter about our fans forum, tongue-in-cheek or not (they could never know that),  it had to go into the risk assessments... and once it is in there they have no plausible excuse if a riot does break out.

Couple that with security staffing being stretched due to many Christmas events and they felt they had to pull the plug.

Frankly, I was surprised they took the booking in the first place.

• Thanks 2

Before announcing cancellation you would assume the timing of this forum could only have meant;

A) We were replacing Jos

B) We had new investment. 

As we have not sacked/ replaced Jos it could have only meant, surely, we have new investment. What imbecile would organise a 'forum' with 1,000 fans for him to announce more bad news? It would have been a battering.

I dont believe 1,000 fans is a forum as I doubt questions would be asked and answered correctly anyway. It should be around 150 fans maximum picked from all demographics, young, old, st holder, POTG, members etc etc to provide a fair representation on viewpoints. 

Now this has been cancelled -- why can we not ask the first 150+ people who applied to join at late notice at Hillsborough. 

Dont blame fans social media posts -- its pathetic and an excuse.

My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair DC is wholly consistent.

Expect press statements today blaming the fans and social media to deflect from the disarray at the club.

Well this is it -- its madness. 

We cant sing 'Jos out' as it deosnt help team - - we cant tweet this either or post this on social media as its comes across as violent etc. Massive dictatorship and were all paying £40 odd a game to pretend to enjoy it. 

Fans are angry and the club is not listening. 

6 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Before announcing cancellation you would assume the timing of this forum could only have meant;

A) We were replacing Jos

As we have not sacked/ replaced Jos it could have only meant, surely, we have new investment. What imbecile would organise a 'forum' with 1,000 fans for him to announce more bad news? It would have been a battering.

I dont believe 1,000 fans is a forum as I doubt questions would be asked and answered correctly anyway. It should be around 150 fans maximum picked from all demographics, young, old, st holder, POTG, members etc etc to provide a fair representation on viewpoints. 

Now this has been cancelled -- why can we not ask the first 150+ people who applied to join at late notice at Hillsborough. 

My present viewpoint is Chansiri is an imbecile and has AGAIN been wrongly advised as the forum would have gone ahead if it was to announce good news. Only points towards further bad news which social media captures and the venue bottled it as no confirmation everything will be OK from DC/ organisers. 

Your reading far too much into things on almost every point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Your reading far too much into things on almost every point. 

Do you think its strange to increase amount of fans at a fans forum when on previous few we have had/allowed less than half these numbers? 

There is either an announcement and he wants to bring back good feeling. Or he is an idiot and been completely ill advised as a child could work out that unless you have good news this is a bad idea. There is no in between with this. 

Maybe the venue are being cautious - - but then why not organise a smaller forum which can be organised at our own home. 

Edited by SouthernOwl24

3 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Do you think its strange to increase amount of fans at a fans forum when on previous few we have had/allowed less than half these numbers? 

There is either an announcement and he wants to bring back good feeling. Or he is an idiot and been completely ill advised as a child could work out that unless you have good news this is a bad idea. There is no in between with this. 

Maybe the venue are being cautious - - but then why not organise a smaller forum which can be organised at our own home. 

Maybe because they’ve already issued a thousand tickets for the event. Can you imagine the reaction 

if they told seven hundred and fifty they couldn’t go? But you know that and are just using this to have another go at the club. Referring to the guy who has pumped around 100m into the club an imbecile is highly disrespectful. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

There’s absolutely no announcement. That is entirely your imagination. The numbers increase is just to try and get as many people as possible in due to demand. I’ll advised? In my opinion, yes.

Personally, I don’t see how this can’t be done utilising social media (Facebook live, YouTube live, etc) as modern technology allows and people come to expect nowadays. That should have been the option from the start, or at least when demand was so high, they should have kept it to the original room and said they would stream it for those who missed out on tickets (can even answer some questions from the stream comments).

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Maybe because they’ve already issued a thousand tickets for the event. Can you imagine the reaction 

if they told seven hundred and fifty they couldn’t go? But you know that and are just using this to have another go at the club. Referring to the guy who has pumped around 100m into the club an imbecile is highly disrespectful. 

Why have they issued 1K tickets though?? Usually we limit this 

This is far too many people - demand or not it will be severely bad news for 1,000 fans to hear how were up the creek and hes not sacking Jos. Either this or he has investment or something positive to bring to light. 

23 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

A) We were replacing Jos

Who cancelled ?

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

There’s absolutely no announcement. That is entirely your imagination. The numbers increase is just to try and get as many people as possible in due to demand. I’ll advised? In my opinion, yes.

Personally, I don’t see how this can’t be done utilising social media (Facebook live, YouTube live, etc) as modern technology allows and people come to expect nowadays. That should have been the option from the start, or at least when demand was so high, they should have kept it to the original room and said they would stream it for those who missed out on tickets (can even answer some questions from the stream comments).

So no announcement, I offered two options. I said he is an imbecile or he has an announcement. 

I really like the idea of streaming the forum to fans and limiting the number of fans. 

I just think something is up with the amount we have sold when things are so dire.