Jeunes Gilletes

Guest Jack the Hat

I thought he was a potential new manager as well. Was gonna crack the joke is this the best the club can get. Just as well really cos it wasn't a very good joke.

Edited by Jack the Hat

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

It has not been suggested yet but it will not be long before somebody suggests a yellow vest protest at Hillsborough. Probably first club to do one so at least we would be first in something.

Apart from spelling both words wrong and getting the two words the wrong way round, you are basically fluent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Apart from spelling both words wrong and getting the two words the wrong way round, you are basically fluent.

At least it got a reaction. I am not French and never claimed I could speak lingo. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quist said:

At least it got a reaction. I am not French and never claimed I could speak lingo. 

I promise (genuinely) this is 100% true.

In business I learned French because we were trying to export to France, Belgium and Switzerland.

My worst faux-pas was attempting to ask the wife of our French engineer if she wanted still water or sparkling water. In trying to ask “Do you want water with bubbles?” I asked “ Do you want water with testicles?”

Instead of telling my (French) fiancé’s father that I had bought jams for my dad’s Christmas present, I said I had bought him condoms.

But these were nothing compared to a colleague. Six foot nine, ex Scottish junior high-jumper, now a bishop in Wolverhampton. We were in France in an engineering meeting and the locals said it was time to adjourn for lunch, and that they would take me and lanky in their car. As we approached the tiny car, lanky said in his best (crap) French “I need to sit in the front because of my really long ham”.

I commited the worst faux pas. Un baiser is a kiss. Confusingly, Baiser, the verb, means to fornicate. The first time I asked a French girl to kiss me, I used the verb. It wasn't too well received. For those who want to avoid this cultural fornicate up, Embrace moi is the correct phrase. :unsure: