Dressing room clique

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think Jos has been hung out to dry

The squad needed a major overall, I believe going with youth is the right way, but the youth at the club just aren't good enough, and he wasn't allowed to bring anyone in other than Pelupessy

I'm willing to bet that Jos was promised far more help than he has received

Or maybe the transfer embargo came out of nowhere, and messed up the clubs plans

Either way, I would find it surprising if Jos took the job knowing the full extent of the problems at SWFC

I also find surprising reports that we have turned bids down over the last 18 months

Surely if Chansiri knew of the problems in front of us, he would have jumped at the opportunity of getting high earners off the wage bill

Jos walked out on his last Job within a few days of taking it due to disagreements with the board. Every man and his dog knew that we were heading for financial trouble if we didn't achieve promotion by season 3 of the Chansiri reign. If he didn't do his due diligence in this regard and expected us to be able to spend then it is just another error in a catalogue of mistakes. Why is he continuing to put up with it after walking out on his last employer, it surely can't have been any more of a shambles than we are.

Even if he failed to see how bad things were behind the scenes before taking the job there is no excuse for his inconsistent line-ups and formations, failure to address what has become the worst back line in the division and a lack of any discernible game plan from one match to the next. 

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

And a distinct lack of quality . We don’t have a single tip end championship player . God knows where some of them get their egos from , they are all shYbo

dont think your too far away there bud,nobody who would get anywhere near the team made up of best players in the championship

Starting to feel sorry for Jos with what he's taken on and trying to do.

This shambles starts at the very top .. a complete and utter clusterf*ck with no signs of improvement.

Another bloke comes in and its the same set of players, the same chairman, the same shambolic operating system thats been present since DC bought us

What a complete and utter ballsup

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Jos walked out on his last Job within a few days of taking it due to disagreements with the board. Every man and his dog knew that we were heading for financial trouble if we didn't achieve promotion by season 3 of the Chansiri reign. If he didn't do his due diligence in this regard and expected us to be able to spend then it is just another error in a catalogue of mistakes. Why is he continuing to put up with it after walking out on his last employer, it surely can't have been any more of a shambles than we are.

Even if he failed to see how bad things were behind the scenes before taking the job there is no excuse for his inconsistent line-ups and formations, failure to address what has become the worst back line in the division and a lack of any discernible game plan from one match to the next. 

What if his line ups are based purely on appearance fees, wages, and bonuses ?

He potentially could be the first Manager in world football to pick a starting 11 not to win the game, but instead to not go over a set financial limit.

Happy Christmas.

22 hours ago, Baggys battle bus said:

All the more reason to bring in a strong willed manager who can handle the situation. Jos obviously can’t. Someone like Pearson, he won’t put up with that sort of sh•t 

Jos isnt putting up with it. Problem is the fans dont like it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Starting to feel sorry for Jos with what he's taken on and trying to do.

This shambles starts at the very top .. a complete and utter clusterf*ck with no signs of improvement.

Another bloke comes in and its the same set of players, the same chairman, the same shambolic operating system thats been present since DC bought us

What a complete and utter ballsup

Absolutely correct

Have no doubt there are some cliques in the dressing room. I'd imagine a lot of clubs have them, you get a large group of people together not all of them are going to be best pals. 

What you need is a strong character in there who can get the best out of them regardless, that's where the manager comes in. 

Jos isn't to blame for the hangover we're suffering from the two failed promotion pushes. He's inherited this. However, he is to blame for the current shambles on the pitch (along with the players). I refuse to believe that the squad of players we have are this bad. 

Edited by bigdan2003

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah thats all jos fault, not the circus master in charge. Jos us just the patsy, said it before.

Egos, arrogance, malpractice, jealousy, potential bullying, misdirection of effort... Ingredients of ANY workforce.

Fixed by management that delivers confidence, discipline, organisation, motivation and fairness leading to optimum performance reflected in results.

I might have missed it but I do not see any of those remedies being applied in this instance.

CC's fault for me, he let the players get away with too much.

They were never fit enough at the start of the season, and could never last a full game.

I would guess Jos and his routine has thrown the cat amongst the fat lazy (we'll do what we want) pigeons and hence they have fallen out.

Note: We should be careful who we side with on this as the players will soon be gone.

Having said that Jos still deserves to go due to his constant tampering with the defence.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2018 at 10:38, RichSheffWeds said:

That’s exactly why the sooner they and the vast majority of this squad are shipped out the better. 

Said three years ago on here we were in danger of becoming the ‘new derby’ if we werent careful and sadly its happened. We are where they were a few seasons back, stuck with an aged squad on good wages who have no chance of promotion. Mass restart required sadly