Dressing room clique

1 hour ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Jordan Rhodes alluded to a divisive dressing room at S6.

I’ve heard comments attributed to very senior staff at the club going back well over a year that there is a poisonous atmosphere in the squad.

Jos was brought in to bring discipline to the squad.

FF has had paddies.

Winnall got sent to Derby.

Sean Clair and George Hirst fell out with the club.

Senior Pros completely frozen out.

Judging by comments from those that have met them, Westwood and Hutch shout their mouths off and are a bit arrogant.

Numerous players from our 90s team said a happy dressing room was key to success.

So maybe we’ve a divided dressing room causing more trouble than we realise? Jos was brought in to sort it but has probably been too tough and over-cooked it?

That's why you need an experienced manager capable of managing senior pros at Championship level / ex-Prem players. The likes of Steve Bruce or Ian Holloway for example. Top players won't be impressed having to take orders from a nobody with no record of success.

1 hour ago, Baggys battle bus said:

All the more reason to bring in a strong willed manager who can handle the situation. Jos obviously can’t. Someone like Pearson, he won’t put up with that sort of sh•t 

Pearson is probably not the man to fix fractions between players and players or players and club. He'd exacerbate them. 

If the players are making life hard for the manager then the club needs to ship them out ASAP.

Too much player power these days and this is what happens when you challenge it. 

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What do you expect when you sign bucket loads of players on big wages and hardly play them? 

Completely destroyed the harmony and spirit we had in that first season under Carlos. All we needed were 2/3 quality additions, instead we disrupted morale bringing in players for big fees and on big wages. Actually making the side weaker.

Gross neglect and mid-management. 

Ive said it on numerous occasions and get kicked by the Carlos love in brigade. 

The reason chansiri & Carlos were successful in the first season was the platform built by Milan & Gray. 

We had a togetherness a toughness and team spirit second to nobody in this league. All clueless 1 & 2 had to do was add some firepower and away we whent, we signed a tonne of players surplus to requirements as soon as they landed and yes finished higher in 4th second season, but most of that was relying on the players inherited rather than the shambles bought. Only really bannan, hooper, Nando and reach had been a real success, but both hoops & Nando have gone backwards and are always injured now. 

Its bound to disrupt the harmony signing players on big wages that never get a game. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

CC created a situation which unfortunately the new guy has been unable to correct. clearly there has to be a filtering process in place before you sign players and we obviously at first could not afford to do this and when we had money recruited from a restricted group of players who were at wrong end of careers. (a very short term approach). You reap what you so as the saying goes and we currently have a squad not fit for purpose and unfortunately we do not have a manager who can cope with the situation. he has probably exacerbated the problem rather than healed the rifts.

Guest Hirst1867

I'm glad we've brought in a disciplinarian to sort out that divided dressing room that gave us our 2 highest league finishes in 20 years

I'm so pleased that now our players are together they're going to get us relegated

2 hours ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Jordan Rhodes alluded to a divisive dressing room at S6.

I’ve heard comments attributed to very senior staff at the club going back well over a year that there is a poisonous atmosphere in the squad.

Jos was brought in to bring discipline to the squad.

FF has had paddies.

Winnall got sent to Derby.

Sean Clair and George Hirst fell out with the club.

Senior Pros completely frozen out.

Judging by comments from those that have met them, Westwood and Hutch shout their mouths off and are a bit arrogant.

Numerous players from our 90s team said a happy dressing room was key to success.

So maybe we’ve a divided dressing room causing more trouble than we realise? Jos was brought in to sort it but has probably been too tough and over-cooked it?

I think Jos has been hung out to dry

The squad needed a major overall, I believe going with youth is the right way, but the youth at the club just aren't good enough, and he wasn't allowed to bring anyone in other than Pelupessy

I'm willing to bet that Jos was promised far more help than he has received

Or maybe the transfer embargo came out of nowhere, and messed up the clubs plans

Either way, I would find it surprising if Jos took the job knowing the full extent of the problems at SWFC

I also find surprising reports that we have turned bids down over the last 18 months

Surely if Chansiri knew of the problems in front of us, he would have jumped at the opportunity of getting high earners off the wage bill

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

15 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Ive said it on numerous occasions and get kicked by the Carlos love in brigade. 

The reason chansiri & Carlos were successful in the first season was the platform built by Milan & Gray. 

We had a togetherness a toughness and team spirit second to nobody in this league. All clueless 1 & 2 had to do was add some firepower and away we whent, we signed a tonne of players surplus to requirements as soon as they landed and yes finished higher in 4th second season, but most of that was relying on the players inherited rather than the shambles bought. Only really bannan, hooper, Nando and reach had been a real success, but both hoops & Nando have gone backwards and are always injured now. 

Its bound to disrupt the harmony signing players on big wages that never get a game. 

Yep tried to make wholesale changes when it wasn’t needed. Ok it nearly worked. But they had no back up plan if we didn’t go up. And this is why we are where we are now. 

32 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Pearson is probably not the man to fix fractions between players and players or players and club. He'd exacerbate them. 

If the players are making life hard for the manager then the club needs to ship them out ASAP.

Too much player power these days and this is what happens when you challenge it. 

You can’t ship them out when they have contracts.  No other team would want them so your stuck with them as we are now. Jos can’t handle the situation so he has to go 

51 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

Finished 4th that season mate, better than the season before.

Nobody could have predicted the injuries that follow. Nobody!!! 

There is only 1 person who has created disharmony and that is Jos. 

You could clearly see the seeds in our downfall were planted that year though. The moment FF started acting up about wages and refusing to play. 

The Rhodes signing which p*ssed of one of the clubs greatest legend and our best young prospect.

We did do well that season but we needed promotion or else real trouble was on the horizon. Now look what’s happened. Short sighted, short term and down right incredibly risky gamble.

2 hours ago, Baggys battle bus said:

All the more reason to bring in a strong willed manager who can handle the situation. Jos obviously can’t. Someone like Pearson, he won’t put up with that sort of sh•t 

The think is no matter how strong the manager if the owner won't let them do what he wants we are stuffed.

I can’t recall any parks team dressing room that was forever sweetness and light, god only knows what the pro ones are like, what with the amount of time these guys spend with each other. We’ve all heard of the Sherringham/Cole spat, I believe that there was something similar going on between our own Laws and Walker when they were both Forest players. I wouldn’t hold player spats as the cause of our current problems.

8 minutes ago, Stoop said:

This is why we need a manager who would command instant respect in the dressing room. Bruce, Megson, McCarthy (boat sailed) would be ideal

Bruce would have been ideal when we had money, if we had got him instead of Carlos, I think he would have done better than Carlos

I don't think he can manage without a big budget

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

I don’t absolve Jos at all because he could demand the services of all the players or resign, BUT the blame goes wider than that.

Unless you believe the freezing out of Westwood, Hutchinson, Abdi and Boyd is purely a Jos decision.

Bear in mind that young Hirst was frozen out ( of the youth teams) before Jos arrived.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

That's why you need an experienced manager capable of managing senior pros at Championship level / ex-Prem players. The likes of Steve Bruce or Ian Holloway for example. Top players won't be impressed having to take orders from a nobody with no record of success.

Top players on top wages should play for anyone the club appoints. They are paid to play to the best of their ability not to dictate who they want as manager. When players are allowed to sulk and have tantrums the next thing they want to do is decide who should play and who shouldn't. That leads to anarchy.

If I had my way the first time a player had the gall to say what he was prepared to do and what he wasn't. He'd be training on his own until he apologised, if he refuses he wouldn't get another game until the end of his contract and I wouldn't sell him either. Once the other players realise you aren't to be messed with they won't try it on.

Let one player get away with it and others will try it on.

5 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

The rot set in well before Jos.

He hasn't helped, granted, but the die was cast.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The Rhodes signing which p*ssed of one of the clubs greatest legend and our best young prospect.

How did signing Rhodes annoy Hirst?

George was nowhere near ready for the first team and only played against reading that season because everyone else was injured (the start of our injury problems)

More fool the Hirsts cos it's been shown now good George actually is in Belgium

Edited by Birley Owl 1867