Nuhiu yesterday

Played very well. His hold up play was excellent bringing others into the game.

Also made some important defensive headers from corners.

I know he has his limitations but yesterday he was excellent. 

The annoying thing for me is before our capitulation was the first time in the game I thought we had a controlled period of possession and could potentially score more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Played very well. His hold up play was excellent bringing others into the game.

Also made some important defensive headers from corners.

I know he has his limitations but yesterday he was excellent. 

The annoying thing for me is before our capitulation was the first time in the game I thought we had a controlled period of possession and could potentially score more. 

Thought we played very well yesterday, against decent opponents away from home in bad conditions. 

Baker saw off Dyer and looked decent, Fox looked aggressive, Onamah despite losing it a few times looked good too.

Then we had 60 seconds out of nowhere that ruined 95 minutes of hard work. On the plus side, the team, players all looked tenfold better than they have in recent games. If we play like that every week we’ll win more than we’ll lose. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Thought we played very well yesterday, against decent opponents away from home in bad conditions. 

Baker saw off Dyer and looked decent, Fox looked aggressive, Onamah despite losing it a few times looked good too.

Then we had 60 seconds out of nowhere that ruined 95 minutes of hard work. On the plus side, the team, players all looked tenfold better than they have in recent games. If we play like that every week we’ll win more than we’ll lose. 

Phil it isnt out of nowhere it's a complete lack of character and leadership on and off the pitch   it's happening in almost every match   WBA Norwich off the top of my head

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

A few better individual performances in there but not enough to mount a recovery

Two shots on target and only 37% possession against a team on a poor run of form.

Two goals conceded in a minute, the second through the keepers legs as at his near post, half as many passes as our opponents, etc etc. I don't buy the spin we were in control of that game for more than ten minutes of the 94 played.

Overall a poor team performance

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Phil it isnt out of nowhere it's a complete lack of character and leadership on and off the pitch   it's happening in almost every match   WBA Norwich off the top of my head

I agree we are carved open and crumble far too often but for the whole it didn’t look likely yesterday. Not before the minute of madness, not after. 

I agree it’s a lack of character and leaders too though, as after first goal goes in we should have been resolute and solid. Instead a CB takes ball out and plays risky ball through crowded centre of park. 

Fox is wide open, and in front of him. How Fox then gets back but Pudil and Thornely don’t is bit weird. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree we are carved open and crumble far too often but for the whole it didn’t look likely yesterday. Not before the minute of madness, not after. 

I agree it’s a lack of character and leaders too though, as after first goal goes in we should have been resolute and solid. Instead a CB takes ball out and plays risky ball through crowded centre of park. 

Fox is wide open, and in front of him. How Fox then gets back but Pudil and Thornely don’t is bit weird. 

the 'players available' from the previous regime, through injury, and financial constraints more or less dictate our 'style of play' hasn't altered much from carlos' last season to jos at present.

jos has 'the ability' to 'park the bus' from time to time, whilst carlos was more open arsed, but otherwise from the point of view of 'taking weight off our defence' what has happened?

we have an attack that can't hold a ball up, a defensive m/f that at times works, but can we expect it to stop everything? of course not, and a defence that never has the appearance of being 'solid' including a keeper who 'may, or may not' be our best.

the lack of a ' proper target man' up top, allied to having no one suited to running the channels robs the defence of looking to supply the forwards with an early 'counter attacking' ball and compels them to 'bringing it out from the back'. now just about every side in football will have it's ball players in m/f, IF in our case those m/f 'recipients' are shut down, and 'you can't go long to the attack' then the defence has to have the ball, playing it from one to another, with an occasional forward ball to a midfielder who is marked and plays it straight back into the backline.

we are by the type of players we have, dictated to, as to our style and method of play, every team in the division should know this by now, it ends up being a situation when our defence (which includes someone who 'may, or may not' be our best keeper) and is far from solid in the first place, is on the ball for too long risking being shut down by opposition forwards with pace.

IF you we're setting out to play wednesday, you'd have a tight centralised defence, (as we offer little in width), pushed forward on the field of play (as we lack forward pace), thus allowing your m/f to get on top and heavily mark wednesday's m/f up, and close them down. 

this will bring about an 'unsecure' and 'unconfident' wednesday backline on the ball in the face of the oft' pacey opposition forward line.

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Did he do much waving after our goal?

Cant help finding it amusing me when Nuhiu gives its back to the fans,  genuinely don’t know why people get offended by it , we’ve given him enough abuse over years , fairs fair 

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

Add Blackburn, Birmingham, Roverham and QPR to that. You can’t defend players playing like headless chickens in more matches than not. Not acceptable.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Couldn't agree more.

41 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Nuhiu had one of his better games yesterday, he held the ball up quite well and did challenge for headers and won some.

I don't rate Nuhiu but he was ok against Swansea.

It almost felt like he was trying to impress someone.

not good enough look at his strike rate..he is supposed to be a striker,

32 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

We played well and deserved at minimum a point, 90 seconds of disorganised chaos yet again lost us the game.

Atleast it’s a positive move forward. A few games ago the players looked lost, devoid of confidence and ability to string more than a pass or two together. I couldn’t see how we’d win again playing like that. But yesterday I was genuinely impressed with body language, play, desire etc. 

Some of these ‘lost the players’ threads are utter BS, of course room for improvement but we can take a lot out of yesterday’s performance with notable absentees in the team too. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Atleast it’s a positive move forward. A few games ago the players looked lost, devoid of confidence and ability to string more than a pass or two together. I couldn’t see how we’d win again playing like that. But yesterday I was genuinely impressed with body language, play, desire etc. 

Some of these ‘lost the players’ threads are utter BS, of course room for improvement but we can take a lot out of yesterday’s performance with notable absentees in the team too. 

A new manager will watch previous games, thats why we had an improved performance.

The players know like we do that Jos is on the verge.

To concede 2 soft goals like we did is another message from the players to the powers that be.

7 minutes ago, brando said:

not good enough look at his strike rate..he is supposed to be a striker,

I agree a striker will always be judged on goals. But in fixtures like yesterday his role is to hold up play, keep possession and bring others into the game. 

He did that brilliantly often with defenders hanging off him. 

Baker, Nuhiu and Fox were did well going forward (Fox more so in the first half) I just felt that his weakened at the back meant Joao or Reach were often to far back to link up effectively and quickly with Nuhiu. 

Im sure people see it differently but I didn't think it was a terrible performance. 2 very average teams separated by a minute of leaderless defending. We really miss a prime Loovens. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Cant help finding it amusing me when Nuhiu gives its back to the fans,  genuinely don’t know why people get offended by it , we’ve given him enough abuse over years , fairs fair 

Difference is we are paying his wages. When he starts paying me out of his pocket then he can give me stick. Fairs fair.

I agree he had a good game yesterday but he could have scored a hat-trick and some would still have slated him on here.

Yes he's not the most gifted and body language is awkward but I'd like some of the others to show the same passion.

Even before kick off in the OMDT he was slated for starting.

All I'm saying is credit when it's due, so agree with the OP and then point the finger if warranted.

Whatever you think of the guy, he's a Wednesday player and FFS the position we are in, we need to be encouraging them all, not ravaging.

But hey, IMO.

• Haha 1