Alan Irvine vs Jos Luhukay

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Both absolutely atrocious managers. 

Ok yes, but it’s not quite as black and white as that. 

Lukhay has promotions under his belt and AI got Preston to the Playoffs, along with keeping Norwich up with some reasonable football if I recall.

Both have had to manage here under difficult circs, so some context is needed.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Lukhay has promotions under his belt and AI got Preston to the Playoffs, along with keeping Norwich up with some reasonable football if I recall.

I'll give you the Preston one but from memory, Norwich were no where near the relegation area at all. They sacked Alex Neil shortly after they had zero chance of getting into the play offs (couple of weeks after the 5-1 hammering we gave them). They finished 8th I think, yet were many peoples favourites for promotion given they had assembled what looked like a strong championship side.

That's if you were implying that Norwich were in trouble when he took over???? They didn't have anything to play for when he became caretaker manager until the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Personally I think it was more the human element that got Preston to the playoffs

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

I'll give you the Preston one but from memory, Norwich were no where near the relegation area at all. They sacked Alex Neil shortly after they had zero chance of getting into the play offs (couple of weeks after the 5-1 hammering we gave them). They finished 8th I think, yet were many peoples favourites for promotion given they had assembled what looked like a strong championship side.

That's if you were implying that Norwich were in trouble when he took over???? They didn't have anything to play for when he became caretaker manager until the end of the season. 

And Il give you that re Norwich - got him mixed up with Roeder! 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl