Maybe we should’ve taken Warnock when we had the chance

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Some things in life are beyond just getting promotion or winning.

Suggesting having an embarrassing one eyed biased Pig fan in charge of Wednesday so we can apparently have some 'success' is just pathetic.

Fvvck me! Who’s p155ed on your chips?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Neil would have come here. He wanted it. It would have been a great opportunity for him to stick it to McCabe right under his nose.

He had a soft spot for us.  Enjoyed the banter.  He's a proffesional.

If we'd signed Warnock when we had the chance we'd have been in the Premier League before now. 

Sadly some of our support are absolutely thick as mince and gave Milan no option but to change his mind.

We'll never know m'lud, all guesswork and supposition.

Shouldn't really resort to name calling though, that's my job.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s there to be googled

I don't need to Google it.

It was at a reception in 2003 before the Derby. Warnock was sat with Pressman, Quinn and some others when he was interviewed. He said it tongue in cheek. Our lads were laughing with him.

It might have been rehashed and used since then.

But that was the origin of it. 

Either way doesn't really matter. 

What does matter is that we get the right man for the job in future and aren't swayed by detrimental emotional nonsense.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Back in the 1960’s Warnock would be regularly found in Sheffield disco’s with the likes of Jack Whitham, Ian Branfoot, Graham Pugh, Jim McCalliog and his brother Fred, I can’t recall him having any blades mates.

The problem with football fans is we think that players and managers are like us.

They aren’t. Warnock doesn’t “hate” Wednesday.

Megson doesn’t “hate” Utd.

But they’ll play to the crowd when it’s necessary.

Just now, NYCOWL said:

The problem with football fans is we think that players and managers are like us.

They aren’t. Warnock doesn’t “hate” Wednesday.

Megson doesn’t “hate” Utd.

But they’ll play to the crowd when it’s necessary.

I’ve known him since we were both in our teens, and never heard of him going down to the Lane, perhaps because he was playing regularly at Saltergate.

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It was at a reception in 2003 before the Derby. Warnock was sat with Pressman, Quinn and some others when he was interviewed. He said it tongue in cheek. Our lads were laughing with him.

What does matter is that we get the right man for the job in future and aren't swayed by detrimental emotional nonsense.

Like Colin would have been if he'd got the job?:stuwinky:

Edited by Eastleigh Owl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Im sure Dave Richards’ decision to appoint Danny Wilson rather than let Ron Atkinson have another go at the job, was made through emotion rather than logic.  I’m pretty certain we’d be a different club today if Ron had been given another chance, full time.

interestingly getting back to the subject of Neil Warnock, it’s quite amazing how successful he’s been in recent years when you consider how old he is.  So many managers run out of steam in their 50s yet he’s still going strong at the grand age of 70.

• Like 1

Every win would have been because a Blade was managing Wednesday. Every defeat vice versa. That would have been the only media angle. We needed a Blade. Or Agent Warnock etc.

Then there's the appalling style of hoof ball and max gamesmenship type football. 

Then there would have been the post match interviews.

Classy.

Against that with due respect to his particular abilities as a manager, he might well have got us promoted to the Premiership.

Before getting us relegated from it.

Don't make a similar mistake with someone like Steve Bruce. Managers like Warnock and Bruce know the division inside out and they stabilise clubs and get teams promoted. At the end of the day it's a job and it's a results based business. 

I hope Chansiri learns from his mistakes in a similar way to the Cardiff owner. Brings in a stabilising proven Championship manager; let's him do things his way, ditches the advisers, re-thinks the prices and commercial side of things, and re-thinks the transfer recruitment strategy. However, I fear that we'll end up with another underwhelming leftfield appointment.

18 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I'd rather we played in the Evo Stik than have that smarmy blunt tranny within 100 miles of our club. 

An absolute no from me. 

The type of daft mentality that has seen decent managers with a bit of history discounted from the job here.

What’s more important?  - Personal prejudice or wanting what’s best for this football club? 

I couldnt gove a monkeys what Warnock is like or his view of us etc - if he could get us up that’s all that would count for me. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

24 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

This is what I refered to earlier, win at all

costs.

I don’t agree with you and would rather we didn’t employ Warnock however you are of course entitled to your opinion. I would have preferred an Englishman to own the club instead of DC. This is because I wanted to ensure (as much as possible) that the traditions of the club are upheld and not because I have anything against foreigners.

People like myself who don’t / didn’t want Warnock have been accused of having bigoted small minded opinions and being as think as mince when in fact it’s simply because I didn’t want to sell my sole to the devil.

Think as mince

lol

Id rather see this club flourishing in the Prem than embroiled in yet another struggle to stay in the Champ.

Tradition is important but it doesn’t really get you anywhere.

Its not win at all costs - it’s about what’s best for this football club, that’s all I care about. 

If Warnock could do a professional job here as he has done elsewhere then l’d support him in that task. 

• Haha 1