Maybe we should’ve taken Warnock when we had the chance

1 hour ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I'd rather we played in the Evo Stik than have that smarmy blunt tranny within 100 miles of our club. 

An absolute no from me. 

Imagine if Leeds fans had be as vociferous as this about Howard Wilkinson. Maybe we'd have won the first division championship instead of them. We'd have certainly signed Cantona.

Stupid attitude to me. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Neg away but I would bet my life we would be have been promoted way before now, we certainly wouldn't be in this mess.

Love him or hate him he is the man to get teams promoted from this league.

Gary Glitter was the man to get novelty glam rock songs to the top of the hit parade but you wouldn't want him fronting your band now.

• Haha 2

I get that Warnock would never be accepted by many of our fans, but surely everyone should be able to appreciate what a quality manager he is?  For anyone in any doubt about Warnock’s pedigree just watch the QPR documentary The 4 Year Plan; all the other QPR managers look like rank amateurs in comparison. 

Personally i’d have gladly taken him when we had the chance and in fairness to the man, I reckon he’s got such bottle and ego he’d have fancied the challenge despite having many of our fans wanting him to fail.

• Like 1

OP said it himself. Prejudice.

Colin was born on the wrong side of town. Forever an outcast. 

I dislike Leeds more than the Blades.  Wasn't overly excited when Jack Charlton came to manage us.

Don't know where we would have ended without him sorting us out.

Turning Colin down was cutting our noses off to spite our faces. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shandypants said:

Neil Warnock stepped out of the race as our manager when some (many?) of our fans protested at his potential appointment. How many of those vehemently against recruiting Warnock before would have him as manager now?  I know I would because we wouldn’t be in the sorry state we are in now and, quite possibly, we would be in the Premier League. 

The frustrating thing for me is that we fvvcking had him. He stated that he’d manage us. Why oh why did we let our “prejudice” fvvck us up?!!

I bet you want another referendum vote too

10 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Would have been a good choice.

Carlos took us as close as you can get!

Warnock might not have done that 

I would have had him.

I was against him being manager, not intensely against it, it just didn't feel right for the obvious reasons.

I listened to him on Talksport on the morning that Milan had told the press that he would not be offering the job to Colin, due to objections from the fan base. He was very humble and said he would have loved the job but that he understood the chairman's dilemma.

My opinion now is that I was wrong, he's still the best Championship Manager for elevating teams to the Prem. He can even work on a low budget and provide results.

Anyway, he's a pig.

• Like 1

I was furious at the time when a vocal minority turned the tide of this potential appointment. He would have taken us up, I have no doubts about that. Yes he's a pig but had a point to prove to the morons at the Lane. Unfortunately some of our fan base couldn't see beyond his tongue in cheek banter.

• Thanks 1

“As long as the whole of my salary was paid, within 28 days I would buy so many tosspots, although, come to think of it, their current squad would do - andfuckemup so badly.

Then I’d retire to Cornwall and spend the rest of my life laughing myfuckingheadoff”

Neil Warnock on his dream of managing Sheffield Wednesday 

11 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

“As long as the whole of my salary was paid, within 28 days I would buy so many tosspots, although, come to think of it, their current squad would do - andfuckemup so badly.

Then I’d retire to Cornwall and spend the rest of my life laughing myfuckingheadoff”

Neil Warnock on his dream of managing Sheffield Wednesday 

Think he was just being a wind up merchant with that quote.

I would so no to Warnock myself. Would have divided fans too much.

11 hours ago, shandypants said:

Neil Warnock stepped out of the race as our manager when some (many?) of our fans protested at his potential appointment. How many of those vehemently against recruiting Warnock before would have him as manager now?  I know I would because we wouldn’t be in the sorry state we are in now and, quite possibly, we would be in the Premier League. 

The frustrating thing for me is that we fvvcking had him. He stated that he’d manage us. Why oh why did we let our “prejudice” fvvck us up?!!

Some things in life are beyond just getting promotion or winning.

Suggesting having an embarrassing one eyed biased Pig fan in charge of Wednesday so we can apparently have some 'success' is just pathetic.

• Thanks 1

Cheap shot to blame the fans here IMO.

This is a divisive thread, created to cause arguments - haven’t we got enough to be p*ssed off about right now, without dragging up the past?  And I’m one of the fans that championed Warnock to be our next manager at the time.

Dave Jones was sacked and Warnock was believed to be Mandaric’s choice as replacement.  That was in 2013.  5 years ago.  It’s not relevant to our current situation anymore.

Milan could have hired Warnock if he really wanted.  He decided not to.

In 2013/14, our team was so bad, Warnock could have actually got us relegated, despite his best efforts.  It’s all hypothetical now.  As it turned out, Stuart Gray did a reasonable job keeping us up.  Tbf we were bottom of the Championship when we took over.

Neil would have come here. He wanted it. It would have been a great opportunity for him to stick it to McCabe right under his nose.

He had a soft spot for us.  Enjoyed the banter.  He's a proffesional.

If we'd signed Warnock when we had the chance we'd have been in the Premier League before now. 

Sadly some of our support are absolutely thick as mince and gave Milan no option but to change his mind.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think he was just being a wind up merchant with that quote..

Oft gets quoted how he's have taken us down for the laugh. 

Rarely the context gets mentioned. He was sat with Kevin Pressman and several other wednesday lads at the time and it was a bit of fun and everyone was laughing. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oft gets quoted how he's have taken us down for the laugh. 

Rarely the context gets mentioned. He was sat with Kevin Pressman and several other wednesday lads at the time and it was a bit of fun and everyone was laughing. 

It was a direct comment on Twitter!