Maybe we should’ve taken Warnock when we had the chance

Neil Warnock stepped out of the race as our manager when some (many?) of our fans protested at his potential appointment. How many of those vehemently against recruiting Warnock before would have him as manager now?  I know I would because we wouldn’t be in the sorry state we are in now and, quite possibly, we would be in the Premier League. 

The frustrating thing for me is that we fvvcking had him. He stated that he’d manage us. Why oh why did we let our “prejudice” fvvck us up?!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Neil Warnock stepped out of the race as our manager when some (many?) of our fans protested at his potential appointment. How many of those vehemently against recruiting Warnock before would have him as manager now?  I know I would because we wouldn’t be in the sorry state we are in now and, quite possibly, we would be in the Premier League. 

The frustrating thing for me is that we fvvcking had him. He stated that he’d manage us. Why oh why did we let our “prejudice” fvvck us up?!!

Because some fans haven't yet grasped that managers are professionals who do their best for whomsoever employs them.

Additionally, Colin wanted to promote us to stick it to McCabe.

A wise fan base would have capitalized on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I'd rather we played in the Evo Stik than have that smarmy blunt tranny within 100 miles of our club. 

An absolute no from me. 

Even if employing Warnock would have increased our chances of getting into the Prem?  Like it or not, Warnock is a winner.

Look at who this chap managed and who he played for before managing that team. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Busby

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Even if employing Warnock would have increased our chances of getting into the Prem?  Like it or not, Warnock is a winner.

Look at who this chap managed and who he played for before managing that team. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Busby

The major difference - and one that our fans can't see past - is that Warnock grew up as (and has always remained) a fan of the Blunts.

Busby didn't grow up as a fan of Man City or Liverpool.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Don’t do it to yourself Shandypants. 

We need to look forward, and find the perfect man this time.  

I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about back when there was (more than) a chance of it happening. It’ll not happen now anyway. Surely Cardiff is his last football management job. How old is he now? Seventy something? 

6 minutes ago, Neal M said:

The major difference - and one that our fans can't see past - is that Warnock grew up as (and has always remained) a fan of the Blunts.

Busby didn't grow up as a fan of Man City or Liverpool.

Some people reasoned in that way but most didn’t want him because of his association with the Pigs not because he supported them. I’m confident that Warnock’s professionalism would have ensured he didn’t deliberately fail with us. Also, a few of our players over the years have supported Sheffield United - I’m pretty sure that Roger Wilde did and he was a crowd favourite. 

Given the hostility from a lot of Blunts towards Warnock when they came straight back down from the PL in 07 he would have liked nothing better than to stick it to them by taking us up. It would have been the ultimate revenge.

• Thanks 1

If I could pick any manager for Wednesday right now, and I mean ANY manager, it would be Neil Warnock. He's exactly what this club and these players need right now. Chansiri trys to interfere; Warnock would tell him where to go.

• Haha 1

Colins a blunt and should never be considered as a potential manager of Wednesday, the ting I find astounding is that the 5th column of our fan base  are getting more and more vocal and confident either fo t'lane or cardiff or carded or whatever, just don't try and bring colin here.

And if that's cutting me nose off to spite my face, then snip, snip, snip. No f---kin way.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Neg away but I would bet my life we would be have been promoted way before now, we certainly wouldn't be in this mess.

Love him or hate him he is the man to get teams promoted from this league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Llama Stare GIF - Llama Stare GIFs

• Haha 2