Players to Blame

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

Is it the players fault that Jos made something like 48 changes in 11 games? 

It's not rocket science to play your best players in their best positions in a consistent system; the vast majority of successful teams do this. Small wonder why we've been garbage and the manager has 99% of the responsibility.

Spot on Daryll as a young player you need to know what your job is...you can't do that if everything is changing around you. Hope you're ok mate and the sunshine isn't getting you down lol 

• Thanks 1

Other managers also see where we are weakest. Both goals on Fox's side today and loads going down the other wing as well. Nearly nothing through the middle. The manager sets the tactics and trains the players accordingly, can't expect players to down tools and do what they want mid match regardless of whats happening. 2 shots on target today, 1 of them I cant even remember and the other came from a horrendous defensive error which led to our goal. Its not the players causing that.

38 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I agree it’s stupid to pay the highest prices on the league , sign players for mega bucks and be annoyed we are bad . 

Stop living in the past! 

Dont you know that the players we had three years ago are now three years older! 

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Jos is culpable, but the blame lies with them on the pitch at the minute too

That is inexcusable to capitulate in 60 seconds - that isn’t Jos tactics, that isn’t Jos fault, it’s not his fault that Dawson ships in 2 goals and cost us the game - it’s dire keeping, awful.

I thought 5 games ago this team could be doing better, but I genuinely think we only had 2/3 decent players and the rest are absolutely appalling, really really poor - we’re in big trouble here.

Theyve nosedived in confidence - whoever comes in has a BIG job on their hands if they expect this team to play in a different way because they are all as pants as one another at the basics at the minute. Shipping 2 goals a game it seems on average is unforgivable.

It is Jos time to go, that I’m sure of - but to blame him for certain players not playing etc is really narrow minded - Chansiri is calling the shots with certain players I’m afraid, and if you believe otherwise then you need to give your head a shake.

keeper to blame for both goals , not Jos's fault ???? He picked him instead of Westwood who would have probably done better

Some of players do need to have a good look in mirror but the manager sets his team up and gives them instructions on how we're going to play. 

Alarm bells were ringing for me around time when we lost at Millwall last season, goalkeeper rolling ball out to defenders every time he gets it was inviting pressure and we started giving silly goals away.

We've got no decent full backs at club which puts pressure on center halfs.

We’ve had two managers who’ve developed a strategy where our defenders back off and back off ...a defence that rarely dominate and make tackles then keep moving. Now that might be the players but if it is it’s been going on for 4 seasons and players have changed. 

When the defence is organised and each player knows their role and when the midfield knows what it’s doing and supports the defence but can break out quickly, because it’s organised then backing off works because numbers come back quickly. That hasn’t happened for three seasons. 

Now under Jos, we have no set system, players who have lost pace, key players who we haven’t replaced and it seems no understanding of the dangers of the opposition, no consistency in defence and a formation that changes weekly. There are things that could be done but aren’t being. That responsibility rests at the feet of the manager. He has to take responsibility and that means either making changes and sticking with them or accepting responsibility and going.

I’ve always said nothing is determined until after the New Year but there doesn’t even appear to be an understanding by Jos that there is a problem! Guess nothing is going to happen until NY anyway but I can’t see changes being made either. 

Going to be a long three weeks...with no change. Merry fookin’ Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Anyone who has played the game at any - and I mean any level knows that organisation can make weaker players look good and the opposite can make talented players look bad. 

We have no recognisable style or priorities as a team and haven’t had for the best part of a year. The only reason we have the points we’ve got has been due to magic moments by good players who are now lost in the miasma of an enigma wrapped in a mystery. 

15A344C8-6E1A-4C82-84E9-B7D68469941E.jpeg

If only we knew someone who could get the team allowed to play on the pitch (for want ever reasons I don't care) organised?

article-2110847-11EBB74D000005DC-620_468x286.jpg.9fe26f1dd1b5e9732007219732f4f6b5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

We’ve had two managers who’ve developed a strategy where our defenders back off and back off ...a defence that rarely dominate and make tackles then keep moving. Now that might be the players but if it is it’s been going on for 4 seasons and players have changed. 

When the defence is organised and each player knows their role and when the midfield knows what it’s doing and supports the defence but can break out quickly, because it’s organised then backing off works because numbers come back quickly. That hasn’t happened for three seasons. 

Now under Jos, we have no set system, players who have lost pace, key players who we haven’t replaced and it seems no understanding of the dangers of the opposition, no consistency in defence and a formation that changes weekly. There are things that could be done but aren’t being. That responsibility rests at the feet of the manager. He has to take responsibility and that means either making changes and sticking with them or accepting responsibility and going.

I’ve always said nothing is determined until after the New Year but there doesn’t even appear to be an understanding by Jos that there is a problem! Guess nothing is going to happen until NY anyway but I can’t see changes being made either. 

Going to be a long three weeks...with no change. Merry fookin’ Christmas. 

I can only put Jos previous alleged success down to the fact he must have worked with better players in Germany.

Our lot, after eleven months clearly don't have a clue what he's asking them to do.

This isn’t unique to Wednesday 

Most of our players are decent championship players. It is down to the manager to organise, motivate and set out a plan to win games of football. If anyone disagrees with the above then just look at what Wilder is achieving with a inferior (on paper) squad across the city

Edited by Stoop
  • Thanks 1

You cannot compare what Jos is doing, to what Carlos did Certainly I didn’t like the way Carlos went on the defensive in year two, but he did have some success. At least you could see the tactical decision, whether you liked it or not. Jos has shown no such innovation, in fact it’s hard to detect any sort of style while watching Wednesday. Where are the much vaunted organisational skills?

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Jos has shown some terrible errors in the decisions he has made.... but you cant blame him tonight for the players allowing 2 goals in in 2 minutes. How can you possibly blame Jos for that?

By that token, no manager would ever lose his job, it’s always the fault of those on the pitch

5 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Jos has shown some terrible errors in the decisions he has made.... but you cant blame him tonight for the players allowing 2 goals in in 2 minutes. How can you possibly blame Jos for that?

Debatable but perhaps him showing passion on the touchline might impact player concentration or might have stopped us being half asleep for the 2nd goal. Perhaps the defensive midfielder might have been instructed to mark the guy on the edge of the box to prevent the first goal? 

Ultimately the manager is responsible for results and performances and particularly over 10 games.

I sat watching that second half “performance” against Norwich wondering what Jos must have been thinking. He’s the coach, that half an hour proved that he’s not doing his job. He must have realised that it was his responsibility, his system, his coaching that had failed. 

i was appalled that day. Little did I know that it was going to get far, far worse.