Players to Blame

Jos is culpable, but the blame lies with them on the pitch at the minute too

That is inexcusable to capitulate in 60 seconds - that isn’t Jos tactics, that isn’t Jos fault, it’s not his fault that Dawson ships in 2 goals and cost us the game - it’s dire keeping, awful.

I thought 5 games ago this team could be doing better, but I genuinely think we only had 2/3 decent players and the rest are absolutely appalling, really really poor - we’re in big trouble here.

Theyve nosedived in confidence - whoever comes in has a BIG job on their hands if they expect this team to play in a different way because they are all as pants as one another at the basics at the minute. Shipping 2 goals a game it seems on average is unforgivable.

It is Jos time to go, that I’m sure of - but to blame him for certain players not playing etc is really narrow minded - Chansiri is calling the shots with certain players I’m afraid, and if you believe otherwise then you need to give your head a shake.

Edited by TodwickOwl

The manager has to get the best out of the squad, simple as that. Many managers have got much more out of much less and a manager who cannot motivate or organize a team should not be a manager.

Anyone who has played the game at any - and I mean any level knows that organisation can make weaker players look good and the opposite can make talented players look bad. 

We have no recognisable style or priorities as a team and haven’t had for the best part of a year. The only reason we have the points we’ve got has been due to magic moments by good players who are now lost in the miasma of an enigma wrapped in a mystery. 

15A344C8-6E1A-4C82-84E9-B7D68469941E.jpeg

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

That is inexcusable to capitulate in 60 seconds - that isn’t Jos tactics, that isn’t Jos fault, it’s not his fault that Dawson ships in 2 goals and cost us the game - it’s dire keeping, awful.

I thought 5 games ago this team could be doing better, but I genuinely think we only had 2/3 decent players and the rest are absolutely appalling, really really poor - we’re in big trouble here.

Theyve nosedived in confidence - whoever comes in has a BIG job on their hands if they expect this team to play in a different way because they are all as pants as one another at the basics at the minute. Shipping 2 goals a game it seems on average is unforgivable.

It is Jos time to go, that I’m sure of - but to blame him for certain players not playing etc is really narrow minded - Chansiri is calling the shots with certain players I’m afraid, and if you believe otherwise then you need to give your head a shake.

Strangely this particular malaise has happenened in three games this week, first the U23s throw away a two goal lead in a two minute spell, then the U18s do something similar by throwing away a similar lead, by conceding THREE goals in four minutes. Unbelievably, we make it a hat trick of throw always with today’s display

Edited by gurujuan

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

The manager has to get the best out of the squad, simple as that. Many managers have got much more out of much less and a manager who cannot motivate or organize a team should not be a manager.

Yes Manager carried the can, but the players have responsibility in the pitch  they are paid to do a job and are absolutely pathetic. How many times have they just switched off and conceded goals, 2 against wba, today, Rotherham. Jos might not be good enough but not is half the team. A bloody disgrace.

when you have a blend of characters, you have to remain positive and have your staff as positive and vibrant for their jobs yes you have self motivators but you also have those that hate coming into work and struggle to get up in the morning when the majority are happy and the environment is good it’s easier to work with and generally you get better results 

what we have is a bunch of defeated players with no confidence this could be down to. A number of reasons and yes chairman, players and fans can all play there part but 

freezing out senior pros

constent changing of line ups 

Going public on how the expectations should be lower than when Carlos was here

the poisonous booing and chants towards the manager 

he’s lost the confidence of those around them he needs to go. I’m a situation like this weather forced or not he’s carrying the van for this mess and I’m sure the chairman as more of doing in what his am select but jos agrees to this so he needs to go 

my major concern is how he is still in position and if I hear one more time that we’re wsiting for chansiri to come back my heads going to explode what on earth does that Katrina woman do 

Does chansiri surround himself with yes people 

some serious questions needs to be asked at the forum 

in my opinion weather our next manager is lined up or not keeping the current manager in post is just more damaging 

its now gone beyond poor chairmanship and poor management it’s a shambles 

how on earth are players meant to perform when they like us have probably no confidence in what’s happening 

Edited by fpowl

Harry, but the motivation, belief, system and organization are determined by the manager. Yes, players can have bad games, but to concede 2 goals or more so often over many games suggests his chopping and changing, picking players out of position might just be the root cause as to why the players aren't playing to their potential, individually and as a team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz said:

Harry, but the motivation, belief, system and organization are determined by the manager. Yes, players can have bad games, but to concede 2 goals or more so often over many games suggests his chopping and changing, picking players out of position might just be the root cause as to why the players aren't playing to their potential, individually and as a team.

spot on

The players KNOW who are the best players in a particular position in the squad...They do..and it must be demoralising to find you are lining up next to someone who you KNOW is worse than a bloke on the bench...or not even on the teamsheet

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can see Westwood not playing been down to the Chairman, but the rest ? Sorry but it makes no sense for Chansiri not to allow them to play 

The 2 goals we conceded against Rotherham were awful from a player perspective and frustrating for the manager and it sounds like it was similar today.

I can understand to some extent why jos probably thinks it is not his fault but at the end of the day confident, motivated organised players make less mistakes.

This is why the manager always carries the can.

• Thanks 1

Is it the players fault that Jos made something like 48 changes in 11 games? 

It's not rocket science to play your best players in their best positions in a consistent system; the vast majority of successful teams do this. Small wonder why we've been garbage and the manager has 99% of the responsibility.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daz said:

I do agree with the manager and organisation. However these are pro players who even playing out of position Just don't do basic defending, clearing the ball. If in doubt put it out they will have been taught this since 7.

The whole 1st team set up is a shambles top to bottom. If i was an injured player would delay my return