Jos storms out

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

If I knew everyone wanted me out of a job, I wouldn’t feel comfortable continuing working there, regardless of money 

Clearly he’s got no morals or standards 

I don't think that's very harsh and an inappropriate comment to make, TBH

The bloke is trying but it's not working and there are doubtless many reasons for this.

However, he's in a position where he must keep trying until told to do otherwise by his employers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

The bloke is trying but it's not working and there are doubtless many reasons for this.

However, he's in a position where he must keep trying until told to do otherwise by his employers.

I’m not convinced whatsoever, but respect your opinion 

I just feel he’s becoming more and more isolated and if things continue like they currently are then things are only going to get worse? Given his reputation for walking out on jobs in Germany, I’m absolutely amazed he’s sticking it out here given he only said the other day he hasn’t experienced criticism like he’s currently receiving here ever before?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In his defence would you resign from your job and not take the pay out?

He fully knows this is his last job in football. He wants his retirement money, can’t blame him both you and me would.

This is all Chansiri’s fault for making a shocking appointment and it’s all his fault for not sacking him. The man needs putting out of his misery, it’s embarassing now.

Its all chansiris fault that our squad is poo as well

22 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Questions about Jos’s future are in that macho area of journalism. Journalists feel like they have to ask the questions but the answer is almost always going to be pointless. It’s posturing on behalf of the journalist and really it’s asking the wrong person. 

Chansiri is the only bloke who can answer it properly. It’s all part of the journalistic game.  Wtf is Jos going to say - yes I might get sacked on Monday. Having said that he should be professional enough to just bat it back. 

Yes He should say to Giddings are you thick or or simply ignorant because I’ve answered the question before to the best of my abilities. Next question. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I just feel he’s becoming more and more isolated and if things continue like they currently are then things are only going to get worse? Given his reputation for walking out on jobs in Germany, I’m absolutely amazed he’s sticking it out here given he only said the other day he hasn’t experienced criticism like he’s currently receiving here ever before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

TBF he has a win % of 39% (Calculated by removing the outliers of 1 game at Koln as caretaker, and 6 at Stuttgart)

Most managers fall between 30% and 50%. So he's pretty consistent with the average

He resigned from Paderborn, Augsburg and Stuttgart

Was sacked by BMG and Hertha

You would have thought that given his past of walking out on a job after a couple of months that the pressure from this job and the majority of the fan base wanting him out he will eventually resign from this job. I believe that is the only way he will leave because clueless DC won’t sack him. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would have thought that given his past of walking out on a job after a couple of months that the pressure from this job and the majority of the fan base wanting him out he will eventually resign from this job. I believe that is the only way he will leave because clueless DC won’t sack him. 

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

TBF he has a win % of 39% (Calculated by removing the outliers of 1 game at Koln as caretaker, and 6 at Stuttgart)

Most managers fall between 30% and 50%. So he's pretty consistent with the average

He resigned from Paderborn, Augsburg and Stuttgart

Was sacked by BMG and Hertha

Not heard the interview myself because I always turn down the sound when Jos comes on. My mate listened to it though and he’s a Stoke fan. He said Giddings was being a wee pipe and winding Jos up on purpose. That would explain a lot. Giddings only retort would be that he was only asking the questions the fans want to hear, well I’m not sure that would be the case. That said, if Jos isn’t sacked this week I’ll want to know why

Just listening to RS interviewing Andy Giddings......... about THE interview.

Seems a lot of empathy for Jos by them.

i have to say though, there always appears a massive difference in how CW is interviewed .... with reverence, and how Jos is interviewed ... teetering on contempt.

That is certainly not fair ... no matter how unhappy we are with him.

16 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Untrue. He has an option to resign, anytime.

40 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

Just listening to RS interviewing Andy Giddings......... about THE interview.

Seems a lot of empathy for Jos by them.

i have to say though, there always appears a massive difference in how CW is interviewed .... with reverence, and how Jos is interviewed ... teetering on contempt.

That is certainly not fair ... no matter how unhappy we are with him.

I'm sure Radio Sheffield would argue that they merely ask the questions fans want to hear. Let's be honest, the reverence and contempt you speak of is pretty representative of the respective fanbases' attitudes towards their managers right now, isn't it?

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm sure Radio Sheffield would argue that they merely ask the questions fans want to hear. Let's be honest, the reverence and contempt you speak of is pretty representative of the respective fanbases' attitudes towards their managers right now, isn't it?

They would but they don’t, how do they know what fans think for one thing? Then there is targeting for a specific reaction 

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fans ring them up and tell them!

:duntmatter:

What fans? Leeds fans, Dingles, Pigs, Beano fans, could be anyone and how would Giddings know it’s a legitimate question anyway? I mean, have you ever heard a caller ask in-depth questions about a caller’s knowledge, to test them?

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

What fans? Leeds fans, Dingles, Pigs, Beano fans, could be anyone and how would Giddings know it’s a legitimate question anyway? I mean, have you ever heard a caller ask in-depth questions about a caller’s knowledge, to test them?

Don't you know, all callers have a thorough Wednesday knowledge test they have to pass in order to be allowed on air?

The droves of secret Leeds fans calling in pretending to be Owls on a weekly basis get weeded out as soon as they're asked what Ryan Lowe's middle name is or what 'consilio et animis' means.

:duntmatter: