Jos storms out

Guest The Horse
7 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Every manager works on the theory that you build your team from the back. As soon as the team is solid enough to keep clean sheets then you can introduce a more attackin style   of play, but not to the detriment of our newly found confidence in our defence. Maybe a bit    of hoofball for a few weeks whilst the midfield try and get their act together .Finally you have ,hopefully< built a solid style of play that the players can assossiate with and perform to.

Maybe DC or whoever appointed JL thought the mentions in his CV about his promotions in Germany and thought this looks like our man.

Without questioning him on what he thought about the EFL championship he was hired on because of his you tube video show which always use only the best bits.

When he lands here he then learns about the injury blitz that has hit us and the embargo we may soon be under. Undaunted he decides

to stay here and have a go. After all, he only has to stop a half decent team from getting relegated and he's sorted. IRRC he achieved that goal last season albeit having to use some wierd line ups. He also got performances from some of our players far and above what we'd ever seen frm them before.Myself, and many others began to think we maybe had a decent manager. 

Now abit a bit of conjecture, (and a shou tout at Vulva,);  He'd been dealt a poor hand but not so bad he couldn't pull a good bluff off. He  begins his team talk and a few of the seasoned pros laugh out loud and say, (" that'll never work boss") JOS:- "Do you have your coaching qualifications Mr (enter mane)" ;  Player;-  "Not yet but I'm working on them, boss". JOS:- "Then please leave my briefing until a time when you have those qualifications. And take with you anyone who agrees with you".)Players frozen out.

Season starts with crazy lineups , a few poor results, but we are in sixth position. We on the outside can see that all isn't right. What with the constant changing of personnel, system and tactics?? week after week, we can see that were heading towards rocks that will tear out the hull of our HMSPTL. 

Other players now begin to see the madness of this system that they lose heart and do not play to their full potential. If your whole squad is low on morale they will give less effort out on the pitch, a basic human trait ; so a couple more senior pros approach Jos to try and speak with him. "The crowd will soon be against us if we carry on playing like this ,boss"  JOS:-  "If you play   the system as it should be then we win every match."

The season begins to spiral out of control, the fans get on the back of the players , manager , owner , some going OTT a bit. Belief in the manager and the players' own confidence is shot to pieces. Results will   now deteriorate rapidly until we are in the thick of the relegation places.

The fan base is now almost 100% in the Jos out camp. If DC doesn't act NOW by unveiling a new manager that the fans can almost unanimously back then I fear for this club's identity.  FC Sheffield Of Wednesday could be one of those options, if the unthinkable happens and we plummet down the leagues.

I do not know what ambition and determination drives DC, but I doubt being an owner of a struggling league two club would fit in with said ambition. It is at this point that I can see him asset stripping, cutting his losses and then dumping us.

I hope these thoughts of mine are only a part of a deep depression with no light at the end of the tunnel. But I do not like what I am seeing.

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS

I read that in the voice and tone of one of those 'Air Crash Investigation' documentaries.

So he freezes out players because they can't play consecutive games or train often enough. He changes the lineup every game, I'd say he's made more changes on a match by match basis than any other manager in the league, bet the stats are interesting. He sets up his team each week and sends them out, and each week we get beaten by teams that don't have to try. 

After all that he gets a bit snippy because someone asked him about his job after we lose from being a goal up? See ya. Doesn't have the knowledge, man management skills or balls to be the manager of our club. 

36 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So he freezes out players because they can't play consecutive games or train often enough. He changes the lineup every game, I'd say he's made more changes on a match by match basis than any other manager in the league, bet the stats are interesting. He sets up his team each week and sends them out, and each week we get beaten by teams that don't have to try. 

After all that he gets a bit snippy because someone asked him about his job after we lose from being a goal up? See ya. Doesn't have the knowledge, man management skills or balls to be the manager of our club. 

agree with the first para 

but I have no prob with the guy standing up against Giddings not professional but understandable imo  he's floundering and needs putting out of his misery. 

I’ve got a new found respect for Giddings after this.

He wasn’t rude, or out of order for asking questions in a reasonable manner, that NEED answering.

Luhukay needs putting out of his misery.  And if he’s not man enough to resign, Jos SHOULD be sacked within hours.

Hopefully, the club already have a decent replacement waiting in the wings ready to take over.

6 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

I wonder what would happen if we all sent tweet to Giddings asking him if he's worried about his job, and repeat procedure every other day. I guess he would lost it too at some point.

If Giddings was doing his job as badly as Jos then he probably would be worried. 

As an experienced manager, of a football club that has the worst defensive record in the league, has lost 7 of his last 10, winning just 1, playing terribly and seemingly finding more comical ways to concede goals game by game then it should come as no surprise that he gets asked about whether his job is on the line. Every manager in every professional division of the game gets similar when in this situation, few react in the way he has done which tells its own story.

9 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

I wonder what would happen if we all sent tweet to Giddings asking him if he's worried about his job, and repeat procedure every other day. I guess he would lost it too at some point.

Giddings did nothing wrong. Some on here just have a very unhealthy negative view on the local media. They can’t do right for doing wrong. If he hadn’t asked the question, he’d have got pelters on here.  

The story is the reaction, not question. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marshy said:

Players are a reflection of the manager. Take a look at the official club clip on twitter as they left the dressing room before kickoff  Never had that statement been more true 

Thanks, just watched that. It's only a short clip but as you say it does paint a picture. Doesn't exactly look like they have been sent out ready to fight to put the poor run to bed or have been well motivated to perform does it!

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Giddings did nothing wrong. Some on here just have a very unhealthy negative view on the local media. They can’t do right for doing wrong. If he hadn’t asked the question, he’d have got pelters on here.  

Jos gave him answer to that question on Thursday at press conference, why would he ask same question again after couple days unless he wants to wind him up?

And Jos' reaction was ok, he told him he won't answer same question 20 times and walked off...

Edited by belgrade_owl

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Exactly. If Giddings had said something along the lines of 'so, another disappointing defeat Jos, do you think you will be able to work on this to turn things around in the next game'. Most would be saying why is he asking him about the next game, he shouldn't be here for the next game.

6 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

Jos gave him answer to that question on Thursday at press conference, why would he ask same question again after couple days unless he wants to wind him up?

And Jos' reaction was ok, he told him he won't answer same question 20 times and walked off...

With respect, Jos has been asked a number of questions whilst he had been here, and given contradictory answers to quite a few of them. To achieve clarity on the situation, the reporter was well within his rights to ask the question again. 

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

disagree, it's not professional, but his inability to do the job is THE story, not  losing his rag . 

Why he hasn't been sacked and how long he has left is a question for our CEO or Chairman not for Jos surely ?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Giddings was doing his job. 

The response from Moustachio was pathetic and we can add that to the ever growing list of embarrassing moments. 

Well we wanted a bit of passion, but much like his team selections it seems to be somewhat misplaced.

Its a witchunt now, and I can't see him turning it around, the abuse will get worse and worse, it reflects badly on the fanbase to some extent, but waddya do?

We have the lot on here, constructive criticism which seemingly gets us nowhere, general p*ss taking, and outright anger..

One of 'ems got to work sooner or later

He's a crap manager but he's also the fall guy for a club that's absolutely rotten to it's core. 

Whilst Chansiri, Katrien seemingly just sit back, this bloke, so clearly out of his depth, is put out there, front and centre, to take the abuse and calls for his head.

Sack the bloke and pay him off.