Jos storms out

My take is that I think he’s a decent bloke who is out of his depth. Doesn’t know the league, lost the players and probably didn’t know what he was signing up for. 

Re ‘walking’ if I were Jos I’d take the view that if someone was daft enough to give me decent contract, I’d be daft enough to take it for as long as i could. I’d hang on as well, and no one can blame him for that. 

Re his outburst today, he’s an experienced football man, and shouldn’t rise to it. Poor by him in many ways, but I wouldn’t sack him for that, and in a funny way I respect him a little for his honesty. Football people these days are stage managed to within an inch of their lives, and it’s drab. 

It was a poor appointment all round. The club needed a course and distance man at the time, as they do now. Desperately. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah the pigs have 93 years without a major trophy and you're crying like a girl because they're above us in the table...

Nowt to do with them being above us in the league , but if you cant see that i wont bother explaining . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, slightlybruisedman said:

Jesus how depressing is all this

just wish he’d leave.

Btw remember a HUGE majority of people on here hailing his appointment as the next massiah, as always

so this fan base is fickle as fooook, as much as many others 

I think a HUGE majority is a slight exaggeration tbh.

Cant blame the guy for snapping if he gets the same question every week,must feel like the press are trying to get him sacked.

As has been said he was out of his depth,in all honesty the clubs tranfer policy is comming back to the haunt them this season and the job is bigger than most managers out there, you can only hope that theres enough at the club to keep it up this season,which there should be,if the experienced players can be used.

If they cant,and its for financial rather than football reasons,then I wouldnt be suprised if we got relegated this term

Edited by legendaryswan

feel sorry for the bloke coz I cant think any manager certainly in my time as had such a bum deal as manager of the club …...even in our lowest point in the 70s the manager could sign players of there choosing …...the general consensus was we were crap when he  arrived with an ageing injury prone squad and how he's expected to change things when he cant buy or sell anyone  puts him in a nigh on impossible position . ….sack him and see how the next bloke goes but I think unless we have a change of ownership threads like this will be appearing in 12 months time . 

Awful appointment by Chansiri and Meire. 

His lack of understanding of questions being asked and of his knowledge of English football is poor. 

We need a manager that that will energise and galvanise the players and fans. At the moment we are like a morgue in the dug out and on the pitch 

Every manager works on the theory that you build your team from the back. As soon as the team is solid enough to keep clean sheets then you can introduce a more attackin style   of play, but not to the detriment of our newly found confidence in our defence. Maybe a bit    of hoofball for a few weeks whilst the midfield try and get their act together .Finally you have ,hopefully< built a solid style of play that the players can assossiate with and perform to.

Maybe DC or whoever appointed JL thought the mentions in his CV about his promotions in Germany and thought this looks like our man.

Without questioning him on what he thought about the EFL championship he was hired on because of his you tube video show which always use only the best bits.

When he lands here he then learns about the injury blitz that has hit us and the embargo we may soon be under. Undaunted he decides

to stay here and have a go. After all, he only has to stop a half decent team from getting relegated and he's sorted. IRRC he achieved that goal last season albeit having to use some wierd line ups. He also got performances from some of our players far and above what we'd ever seen frm them before.Myself, and many others began to think we maybe had a decent manager. 

Now abit a bit of conjecture, (and a shou tout at Vulva,);  He'd been dealt a poor hand but not so bad he couldn't pull a good bluff off. He  begins his team talk and a few of the seasoned pros laugh out loud and say, (" that'll never work boss") JOS:- "Do you have your coaching qualifications Mr (enter mane)" ;  Player;-  "Not yet but I'm working on them, boss". JOS:- "Then please leave my briefing until a time when you have those qualifications. And take with you anyone who agrees with you".)Players frozen out.

Season starts with crazy lineups , a few poor results, but we are in sixth position. We on the outside can see that all isn't right. What with the constant changing of personnel, system and tactics?? week after week, we can see that were heading towards rocks that will tear out the hull of our HMSPTL. 

Other players now begin to see the madness of this system that they lose heart and do not play to their full potential. If your whole squad is low on morale they will give less effort out on the pitch, a basic human trait ; so a couple more senior pros approach Jos to try and speak with him. "The crowd will soon be against us if we carry on playing like this ,boss"  JOS:-  "If you play   the system as it should be then we win every match."

The season begins to spiral out of control, the fans get on the back of the players , manager , owner , some going OTT a bit. Belief in the manager and the players' own confidence is shot to pieces. Results will   now deteriorate rapidly until we are in the thick of the relegation places.

The fan base is now almost 100% in the Jos out camp. If DC doesn't act NOW by unveiling a new manager that the fans can almost unanimously back then I fear for this club's identity.  FC Sheffield Of Wednesday could be one of those options, if the unthinkable happens and we plummet down the leagues.

I do not know what ambition and determination drives DC, but I doubt being an owner of a struggling league two club would fit in with said ambition. It is at this point that I can see him asset stripping, cutting his losses and then dumping us.

I hope these thoughts of mine are only a part of a deep depression with no light at the end of the tunnel. But I do not like what I am seeing.

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS

• Thanks 1