That’s it, i’m done

Been watching Wednesday for almost 50 years, only time I missed a season was when I was away on duty, missed the boxing day massacre was in Belfast, walked around the Ardoyne with the biggest grin any squaddie has ever had, seen lots of crap times with Wednesday and some good but even when it was crap, the old third division etc never once thought of giving up, its what we are, Wednesday fans, I have laughed cried and said I would never go again so many times over the years and guess what ? I will be still going to watch the lads when I am dead and buried, I will be that cold spot to the right of the Kop  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Green Howard Owl said:

Been watching Wednesday for almost 50 years, only time I missed a season was when I was away on duty, missed the boxing day massacre was in Belfast, walked around the Ardoyne with the biggest grin any squaddie has ever had, seen lots of crap times with Wednesday and some good but even when it was crap, the old third division etc never once thought of giving up, its what we are, Wednesday fans, I have laughed cried and said I would never go again so many times over the years and guess what ? I will be still going to watch the lads when I am dead and buried, I will be that cold spot to the right of the Kop  

Respect mate.

4 hours ago, pussface said:

After nearly 30 years of fleeting highs and mainly lows, I’m afraid that’s it for me.

I’ve gone through anger, denial and now accepted that we will go down and subsequently into administration. 

The feckwittery at all levels will see this club barely exist. I simply can’t put myself through this anymore.

I wish all fans and the club the best, but that’s it for this fan. I’ve got a life to lead, and it pains to say Wednesday can no longer be part of it while DC and his Doyen entourage continue to grift away at the club I once loved.

Vote with your feet people, it’s the only way. 

Grow a pair.

5 hours ago, pussface said:

After nearly 30 years of fleeting highs and mainly lows, I’m afraid that’s it for me.

I’ve gone through anger, denial and now accepted that we will go down and subsequently into administration. 

The feckwittery at all levels will see this club barely exist. I simply can’t put myself through this anymore.

I wish all fans and the club the best, but that’s it for this fan. I’ve got a life to lead, and it pains to say Wednesday can no longer be part of it while DC and his Doyen entourage continue to grift away at the club I once loved.

Vote with your feet people, it’s the only way. 

Until we start winning, then you'll be back

Football is about winning seasons and losing seasons. After 30 years you should know that 

3 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

You know what, there have been many times I've not been really enjoying going to Hillsborough - but I kept going because it's in my blood.  It's what I do, it's like a drug that I can't give up, not that I know what drugs are like but I need some kind of description to say what I mean.

I'm not even sure this is the worst we have endured since we got relegated from the top flight.   I mean, we all understand the financial constraints we are under and why, and that 18 months from now the reset button will have been hit and we'll be on our way to the 2nd generation of DC at this club - you know after he "threw the kitchen sink at it, failed and then suffered because of it" - then does things the correct way after learning a harsh lesson.

I want to boo fox, I want to tell Lees he is talking out of his backside saying the fans don't understand, I want to tell DC that his choice of manager sucks donkey d*ck, and that being so belligerent is hurting the club and it's association with the fans, but you know what?    I'm Wednesday til I die, and nothing will take that away from me - NOT ONE THING.

So, if you want out, that is your right - but I won't be following and I think you asking people to vote with their feet is unfair - because not all of us are done, and most of us want this club to come good.

Thank you.

Brilliant post. Sums up what being a Wednesday is all about

Well i was gunna jack in work and attend ever game, home and away, reserves, U21's all youth games even the female games, press conferences and stalk the players at Middlewood and our lovely ceo but hell not now, i'm done with them all.....

Plus wont have to hit our lass over the head with a shovel and bury her in the garden due to her kicking off when i would have jacked my job in..... aw well can only dream now..........

thanks jos and mr c:sad:

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, steveger said:

Well i was gunna jack in work and attend ever game, home and away, reserves, U21's all youth games even the female games, press conferences and stalk the players at Middlewood and our lovely ceo but hell not now, i'm done with them all.....

Plus wont have to hit our lass over the head with a shovel and bury her in the garden due to her kicking off when i would have jacked my job in..... aw well can only dream now..........

thanks jos and mr c:sad:

You could still hit your lass over the head with the shovel, just remember you don't have to pack your job in.

• Thanks 1

I’ll never be done with Wednesday.... been at it too long for that.

When the good times return, and they surely will, ( albeit slowly) they will feel fantastic again.

Jos will go, the rebuild will begin and the love will return.

So, I’m not “done” with Wednesday, just disappointed.

I'll always love being a Wednesday fan and what it represents to our family history etc. Having said that I watched City this morning before our game and they were magnificent. At the end of the day this is a pastime and it's meant to be enjoyable. If it just wee wees people off, then they're going to stop doing it. 

I'm lucky that I live in the states so I have a built in excuse not to go to games. My Dad and my Brother have STs on the North and with all the will in the world, I'd find it hard to get one at the moment. The only reason would be to hang out with the pair of them.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I actually quite enjoyed going when we were in league 1 . 

Gallows humour,  could sit with your mates in the south and spread out a bit, bets on where Kuqis headers would end up etc.

It was good as we had a winning feeling now and again....

I'm a glory fan and will come back when we are back in the Premiership for a season.....:ph34r:

I will stand up being irritating taking pictures on my phone...

I will moan all game constantly getting the players names wrong....

I will constantly be up and down outta my seat all game for endless snacks and drinks causing the surrounding fans on my row to get up and down to let me in and outta my seat all match.....

I will leave 25 minutes before the end of the game....

TwatFan™

I’m fed up annoyed angry and any other words applicable but I’m a Wednesdayite good or bad waddle or beswetherick big Ron or jos I’ll be there Saturday rest of season next year and every year after. If i wanted continued success I’m watching the wrong club but for me I’ve always followed the right club