That’s it, i’m done

2 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

I well recall cheering the team for just escaping relegation to the 4th Division, you don’t have to be daft to be an Owls supporter,  but it doesn’t half help. :rolleyes:

I think there was somehow something more enjoyable in that. Because I'm not desperate for attention, I didn't feel the need to create a post when I decided to stop going but it was before the season started.

The £90 membership thing for me was the thing for me, and it was a matter of principle, not a financial one but everyone has their own breaking point....I don't think the quality of football on display would be it for most people....it's not like we're not used to it!

I think the club is losing support fast, a lot of us will be back but you have to question how much harm this is all doing in attracting the next generation on Wednesday fans. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It might be sh*te but you don't just give up.

A 2/10 on the flouncemeter. 

Nobody's giving up, just can't justify paying top dollar to have someone take the wee wee. I can still afford it but can't justify something that takes that much money but more importantly time that could be better spent. 

2 hours ago, pussface said:

After nearly 30 years of fleeting highs and mainly lows, I’m afraid that’s it for me.

I’ve gone through anger, denial and now accepted that we will go down and subsequently into administration. 

The feckwittery at all levels will see this club barely exist. I simply can’t put myself through this anymore.

I wish all fans and the club the best, but that’s it for this fan. I’ve got a life to lead, and it pains to say Wednesday can no longer be part of it while DC and his Doyen entourage continue to grift away at the club I once loved.

Vote with your feet people, it’s the only way. 

give it a rest you attention seeking too-at yes its bad but come on get a grip ffs 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Nobody's giving up, just can't justify paying top dollar to have someone take the wee wee. I can still afford it but can't justify something that takes that much money but more importantly time that could be better spent. 

The op has just said he's throwing the towel in.

I assume he means that he's given up, not that he's just thrown an actual towel. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ive not seen any figures for this season, but his problem lies with next season as a lot of three year ST`s finish this season ( mine included). 

This is the thing I don’t think a lot of people are grasping. Our income will take a massive hit when renewals and walk ups suddenly vanish. Financially, it could be a disaster. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It might be sh*te but you don't just give up.

A 2/10 on the flouncemeter. 

Not a dig because i find you a good poster on this site but do you mind me asking how old you are? Im asking because i used to go to matches in the 80's with "men" when i was young who followed Wednesday to the arse end of the country watching Wednesday home and away, where crushes getting in and out of places like Oxford ect, getting charged by police horses, getting wee wee wet through on uncovered terraces, watching some pretty poor football at times on pitches resembling  ploughed fields. These fans and they were hardcore fans have stopped going due to family, health and other commitments. These people are still the  life and soul of this club because they introduced me and other generations to Wednesday just as i have done.

They have stopped going regular but never " just give up"

• Like 1

Well I have to say after 40 years of watching Wednesday I'm truly pissed off with everything that's going on Hillsborough.  (especially for me the pricing) The Chairman hasn't a clue, neither has the manager, the players are mainly either injured, frozen out, suspended, or not good enough. 

We're paying top dollar for abysmal football, it's depressing and embarrassing.

See you next Saturday! UTO! 

When it's in the blood unfortunately it's in blood.

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

This is the thing I don’t think a lot of people are grasping. Our income will take a massive hit when renewals and walk ups suddenly vanish. Financially, it could be a disaster. 

spot on mate

17 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

And the worst thing about it is that the chairman has not twigged this yet.

2 hours ago, pussface said:

After nearly 30 years of fleeting highs and mainly lows, I’m afraid that’s it for me.

I’ve gone through anger, denial and now accepted that we will go down and subsequently into administration. 

The feckwittery at all levels will see this club barely exist. I simply can’t put myself through this anymore.

I wish all fans and the club the best, but that’s it for this fan. I’ve got a life to lead, and it pains to say Wednesday can no longer be part of it while DC and his Doyen entourage continue to grift away at the club I once loved.

Vote with your feet people, it’s the only way. 

Shut up you tart, you know as well as the rest of us that you can't just walk away. It just isn't that easy mate, you know that, we're hooked FFS. You could try rehab but they just put you in a straight jacket and make you watch videos of the blunts/pigs/porkers with interviews of colin/wilder/bassett etc (I wouldn't mention John Harris as in my humble opinion he is the one true gent to ever have worked for the dark side, in fact, we should have taken him earlier).

• Like 1