Dawson

Can’t help feeling that with K Westwood in goal we would maybe 7 or 8 points better off. 

Westwood is worth 10-15 point a season. 

C Dawson is a fine keeper but he’s not ready yet for this league, if we keep playing him and he keeps dropping clangers like he is at the moment this could ruin his confidence.

Saying all this it’s now time for JOS to fizz off back to Holland and take Pele’s cat with him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I think he'll be a good keeper in the future, but I don't think he's ready. Ideally, we'd have a quality keeper with championship experience we could use... If only.

well didnt KW ask to play for the u23s the other day, maybe he might ask for a 1st team game, what a joke this is.

26 minutes ago, Daz said:

Having watched the game. I think it's harsh to blame Dawson when once again we allowed 2 soft goals from very poor defending.

On the first who was marking the score in the middle of our box, and on the second, we were half asleep against the player running through. It was struck a few yards out at pace and went through Dawson's legs and most keepers would have suffered the same fate, particularly when it looked like he was going to shoot across goal.

This. I don't think many keepers would have saved the second based on the proximity and shot power.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

He is being hung out to dry by Jos and it will wreck his career. Same with a few of the other youngsters.

No he isn't he's been hung out to dry by people who haven't been to the match and like Charlie said the midfield was non existent once Onomah went off

• Thanks 2

we have more problems on the field than just Dawson ,and the more it go's on the worse it will get  defence is prone to switching off and get punished for it , the midfield is all over the shop at times  and up front it has to be a worldy except when the odd times occur when things click, and then certain players must feel they are on a merry go round as they are in the team  then they are dropped I bet eventhe players don't know whats going on  ,tbh it's a flustercook in action from the way I see it

2 hours ago, rob1601 said:

A once promising keeper whose confidence is shot to bits. I also think losing Andy Rhodes is a big blow to him and Wildsmith. Watch the warm up before the game and you’ll see what I mean

It's not losing Rhodes, it's the total shambles of a club we are at the moment. 

Dawson is a good keeper, but he needs 6 months out of the first team now - and let us be honest, we have two keepers who are good enough to do this sat ready and waiting.   What put Dawson in the sticks is the fact the Wildsmith and Westwood have had sketchy times with injuries previously but that is not a reason to put Dawson as No1 in the club.

That said, Dawson is not the main problem, no where near the main problem - we have a LOT of little problems like this, such as playing our 3rd choice keeper as No1 because he has been shown to stay fit more than the other two.

1 hour ago, Eccy Owl said:

This. I don't think many keepers would have saved the second based on the proximity and shot power.

I think most keepers would have saved both. The first was woeful the 2nd was even worse it was straight at him! 

This isn't Sunday league. This is a high standard of football. 

Kid just ain't good enough. 

Need to get a experienced keeper in on loan in January.